PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help? *Marigold's twin kitten*

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 01:11 AM
Ok, I'll try to make this not as confusing as it is....a girl who I work with (actually she's the grooming manager) has a sister-in-law who just dropped a cat off at the grooming today. I guess some neighbor found the cat roaming the streets, and gave it to the sister-in-law as a birthday present. The problem is, she did not want a cat...and she has a young child. So the cat ended up at Petco, and we're trying to find a home for it (the sister-in-laws husband said to just dump the cat off outside and see where it ends up...can you believe some people?!) Moriah (groomer) knows a lady who works at with the shelters, so she was hoping that she could find a home for the cat. The lady said she might could, but she'd need someone to foster the cat first, and that they were pretty full. I don't know anyone who would take this cat! There's NO WAY I can, as my dad absolutely hates cats, and I have 3 dogs.

The store employees/manager do not know we have a cat living in the grooming, and I'm sure they would not be pleased with it either...so the cat can't stay here for long! I left her in a large kennel with some towels to sleep on, litter box, and food/water at work...that is where she is right now.

She is the SWEEETEST kitten! I'm not sure on her age, but she's definitely not full grown. I don't have a pic of her...and I was trying to think of how to describe her...but you know what? She looks JUST like Cookiebaker's Marigold (except younger and no poly paws), so here's a pic of her! (hope you don't mind Cookiebaker! :D)

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/gold05.JPG

She has greenish eyes, and calico markings with tabby stripes in the markings. She also has a little bit of orange on her lip. She is litterbox trained, and doesn't seem to mind dogs. (well, I would say *like* them but she didn't totally freak out when she saw them or anything)

Anyway...I told Moriah I'd see if I could find anyone who wants her. I've sorta named or Calleo. :D I'm willing to take her to the airport and everything to be transported (although I don't think I can afford to pay for it all) I believe there's an airline who just flies pets, and they fly out from Salt Lake City.

If anyone is interested, please let me know! I don't know what in the world we are going to do with this kitty if we don't find a home fast! I dont' want her to end up in the shelter (she is a total sweetheart!) but i don't know what else to do.

Uabassoon
12-06-2002, 02:48 AM
I hope you are able to find a home for the kitty. Good luck.

Lillycat
12-06-2002, 03:05 AM
she is such a sweetie i am sure....will you be posting a "real" picture?

Cookiebaker
12-06-2002, 03:12 AM
Awww Amy, I hope that she can find a good home!!! I'm interested! I'm interested! (but I kinda hafta see what Mark would say first!) I don't have my hopes up very high, but with Mark, you never can tell! ;)

ramanth
12-06-2002, 09:24 AM
What a gorgeous cat! I do hope you can find her a home!

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 09:39 AM
I'll take my digital camera to work today and get some pics of her. :)

Cookiebaker, hey you'd have some really cute twin cats! Ok she doesn't look *exactly* (obviously) but her type of markings are just the same!

NoahsMommy
12-06-2002, 03:21 PM
She sounds gorgeous! I wish I could have more cats... :( I love these pretty calico girls...

I'll be praying that you find a good home for her. Thanks for being there for her.

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 10:59 PM
I forgot to bring my digital camera today.....I drew a little pic of her though, I'll scan that later. If you look at Marigold's pic, the difference in her face is that she has a smaller white stripe between her eyes, and where Marigold has orange on her face, she has more of a brownish gray (there's some orange also, just more of that color). She also has a little orange splotch by her nose.