PDA

View Full Version : Another oldie but goodie coming to Ploss's Halfway House

moosmom
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
An 18 year old man who was dumped by his owner is coming here to live out the rest of his life. we are still in the planning stages, but I will keep you all posted.

Queen of Poop
01-28-2013, 12:59 PM
You are truly an Angel! I so admire you, and thank you. :love::love::love:

phesina
01-28-2013, 01:22 PM
God bless!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Awww, bless you for taking in this old dude!

catmandu
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
God Bless You Donna for taking this Senior Kittyzen in.
Who would have a Cat that long and then through him out when he needs a home the most.:mad:
I took in Smokey when he was at least 17 years old. He was deaf , his vision was fading and they found him thin and weak.:(
My friend Margaret told me about Smokey and wanted him to have a home for the amount of time he had left.
Well Smokey surprised us all by living almost six years more , once he had premium food and the TLC given to him bu all the younger Found Hotel Cats he thrived and was so happy.:love:
He was so grateful if you gave him anything , he was such a Dear Old Cat.
We are eager Donna to see your new arrival and Smokey Angel will be there to greet Your New Old Companion.:love:

moosmom
01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
I just got a call from the director of the Orange County New Jersey animal coalition. Elan will be arriving at his new home on Saturday. the foster parents said that the reason why they had to give him up was because they're cat was sabotaging him in the litterbox. All his blood work is within normal limits with no thyroid issues. I am so happy that I can give a senior geriatric cat forever home. I will post pictures this weekend I promise. Woohoo!!!

moosmom
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
the original POS owners threatened to let them out in the middle of the shelter parking lot if they didn't take them. A volunteer ran after them and said she'd foster them both. Elan's pal got adopted. I'm just glad I could help. The lengths that people will go to, to get rid of their pets thoroughly disgusts me.

phesina
01-29-2013, 11:44 AM
God bless Elan and you, Donna!

I'm with you about all the POS "people" out there.

cassiesmom
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
An 18 year old man who was dumped by his owner .,.

This statement makes me sad and very mad at the same time. Who would dump a cat after eighteen years. :mad: Bless you, Donna for opening your home to him!

Lady's Human
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Thanks for taking in a senior kitty. It's very sad, I see them on CL constantly.

katladyd
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
As the meowmie of a senior kitizen, I am appalled at what those people did! My Mac is going on 15-years-old and he is more precious to me with every passing year.:love: Bravo, Donna! You are an angel.

Lilith Cherry
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Kudos to you Donna! I always get the older or incontinent dogs from my rescue. They need the love the most!

moosmom
02-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Elan arrived yesterday!! He's in my bathroom and he is a SWEET kitty!!! Very thin, but they did an extensive blood work up and everything is normal!! I think his age has a lot to do with it.

I'll post pictures very soon.

moosmom
02-02-2013, 08:19 AM
HEEEEEEEERE'S Elan!!!

maid25cats
02-02-2013, 08:38 AM
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW FOREVER HOME ELAN!!

He is adorable:love:
He DOES NOT LOOK 18
HE STILL HAS A KITTEN LIKE FACE:love:

I hope he transitions easily in with your crew.
and I hope he has many more good year with you and his new family:D

Welcome to the pet talk family Elan:D

phesina
02-02-2013, 11:53 AM
OHHHHHH, what a SWEETIE!!!!!!

Welcome HOME, darling Elan! What a good life is ahead for you!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
02-02-2013, 01:53 PM
What a sweet and handsome face!

Seems a little on the thin side, but I look forward to the rejuvenation he will have at the Ploss household! :love::love:

Taz_Zoee
02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
He is so handsome! He looks like a wild cat. :) And I don't mean he acts wild, but he looks like a small version of a large type wild cat. LOL

Welcome to a wonderful home Elan! :D

Pinot's Mom
02-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Welcome home, Elan; your last name is now Ploss and you will be very well taken care of. Maybe you can now get a few good meals and fill out a little. Rest up, honey, your new home awaits exploration! :)

moosmom
02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
I had the baby gates up yesterday. This morning he looked like he was wanting to come out so, down they came!!!! There I was with a squirt bottle in one hand and Feliway spray in the other. He growled but is now laying on the couch with me. He's going to be fine!!! The cats know he's here and aren't bothering him. They're just very curious. He'll be in the bathroom at night for a while for his own safety.

Couldn't ask for a better transition!!! Look...

phesina
02-03-2013, 09:33 AM
What good news! Congratulations, Elan and Donna.. Well done!!!!!

Catty1
02-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Elan, what stunning green eyes you have! I am glad the others aren't bothering you, or you them. Welcome home, baby boy! :love::love:

moosmom
02-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I have a call into the vet who did his blood work. According to the notes I took, his bloodwork came back normal. He's way too thin not to have underlying issues. He doesn't eat much, has plaque and gingivitis. He does like Science Diet A/D. The other canned food hurts to chew.

I'll let you know what she says.

Look at that face!!!

Catty1
02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
That plaque and gingivitis has got to hurt!

There is dental food but it's the hard stuff. I wonder if putting Biotene in his drinking water would be an idea? I don't know that he'd be in shape for a dental.

That could be the main reason he is so thin. Praying for an answer for Elan.

moosmom
02-04-2013, 04:43 PM
He doesn't drink out of the fountains. He likes his water out of the tap. Still waiting a call back. He's been sleeping on the heated throw on the couch all day. I have a feeling I can leave him out at night. My cats KNOW he's old and are respecting him. Well, if it IS something bad, at least he'll know love, cuz I'm sure smitten with him!!

Scooter's Mom
02-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Oh, Donna - thanks for giving sweet Elan the love & affection he sure deserves.
He looks like a very soft kitty.

moosmom
05-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Elan is still going strong!! We have had a setback, though. It seems he misses the litterbox lately. I now have to put wee-wee pads around the boxes. So far he's been using them. He is definitely deaf, as I tested his hearing by screaming at the top of my lungs as I stood behind him. He didn't flinch. But hey, he's gonna be 19 soon, so it goes with the territory.

He loves snuggling next to me on the futon, with his front paw wrapped around my arm, my hand scratching his chin. I love him so much!!!

phesina
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh, Elan, what a delight you are! Your Meowmie loves you so very much, and so do we!

cassiesmom
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Elan is still going strong!! We have had a setback, though. It seems he misses the litterbox lately. I now have to put wee-wee pads around the boxes. So far he's been using them. He is definitely deaf, as I tested his hearing by screaming at the top of my lungs as I stood behind him. He didn't flinch. But hey, he's gonna be 19 soon, so it goes with the territory.

He loves snuggling next to me on the futon, with his front paw wrapped around my arm, my hand scratching his chin. I love him so much!!!

So... he misses the litter pan. Doesn't hear. But he's a snuggle boy! Your Meowmie loves you and this post gives me the leaky eyes :love:

Karen
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM

Good to hear! And you should check in on http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?182342-Little-Batsy - someone with a found baby kitty could use advice!

Catty1
05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
AWWWW! Elan sure loves being loved! At least he uses the pee pads. Is the litterbox a bit too high for him?

Give him extra scritchies for me and a lot of hugs! :love::love::love:

mbsmum
05-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Elan looks lovely, lots of lovies and cuddles.

moosmom
05-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Catty1,

I believe that might be the problem. I don't have conventional litterboxes. I have four 19 qt storage bins. Much easier than scooping 10 litterboxes. I have a cement mixing tub in my bathroom that he uses that is low. I may have to switch to those.

smokey the elder
05-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for taking in an old-timer so he can have love in his last days.