PDA

View Full Version : Heyoka the WIMP!!

Glacier
12-05-2002, 11:43 PM
Heyoka went to the vet today to get his rabies shot and a microchip. Howled like the vet was killing him. I also took in a 9 week old kitten who also had a shot and a chip implanted. Felicia weighs just over a pound and Heyoka just under 100 pounds. The kitten never flinched, never made a sound!! Heyoka is a wimp!!!:p

ownerof3dogs
12-06-2002, 12:05 AM
oohhh poor Heyoka. DId the Dr. give you a shot? Poor baby! I think the bigger they are, the bigger the baby the are. Hercules is a baby too

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 01:24 AM
LOL! Nebo always cries when he gets shots too. Lady has never made a sound!

I'm getting a microchip in Nebo this Saturday. I hope he won't be *too* big of a baby! :D

Cisco's Mom
12-06-2002, 07:20 AM
My boy hates the vet! It does not matter what is going on. We have to muzzle him for shots, because he will absolutely bite the crap out the Dr.!:eek:

COCatMama
12-06-2002, 09:00 AM
Juneau was chipped when we adopted him, and he didn't even notice the guy putting the chip in!

Glacier
12-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Cisco's Mom
My boy hates the vet! It does not matter what is going on. We have to muzzle him for shots, because he will absolutely bite the crap out the Dr.!:eek:

We have to muzzle Kayleigh, but that's more because she wants to eat the clinic cat!!!:eek:

ramanth
12-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Awwww Poor Heyoka. *hugs*

Kia and Zam don't mind the vet. Kia is usually just excited that she's getting attention. :rolleyes: She takes shots well but HATES to have her nails trimmed.

Zam just wants to check the room out and she leaves sweaty little paw prints on the examination table. :D

mugsy
12-06-2002, 01:17 PM
Imagine this. 2 Great Danes and an Aussie/GSD mix, all of whom detest the vet, and one gimpy female owner attempting to get in the door of the country vet. Both Danes flat out refuse to go into the building resulting in Daisy pulling out of her collar and taking a grand tour of bustling (NOT) downtown Arcola, IN and the vet and his receptionist coming outside to help push the other Dane in through the door and the Aussie/GSD mix (that would be Sox) standing by barking at the whole comedy of errors. A very nice lady caught Daisy in front of the post office (which is next door to the vet) and held her until the gimpy female owner (that would be me) got BACK around the building after a futile attempt to chase her down. That would be a long explanation of..."I feel your pain!" lol

Dakota's Mommy
12-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Brian has told me that when Dakota gets shots she doesn't make a sound. Plus, he was the one with her when she got her microchip and she did fine then too. Guess we got lucky. However, she does tend to be a bit of a baby at times!

CountryWolf07
12-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Awww poor Heyoka!! Anna is a BIG wimp when she goes to the vet, so I understand what you feel!!

Karen
12-07-2002, 09:19 PM
On the "the bigger they are .." comment ...

Our beloved Great Dane Gracie was very scared at the vet's once she was in the exam room, until Dad put "the wee lassie" (gotta love a Scottish vet!) up on the table, and hid her head in his jacket. Then, the vet could do anything to her! He tested it once by playing with her feet, tickling her tummy, threatening to chop off her tail ... no reaction at all. If she was safe "under" Daddy's jacket then that old vet wasn't even there! :)