PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training Gretchen Update (6 months old)

Craftlady
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
UGH it's tough. She can hold it at nighttime (sleeping) but during day tops 3-4 hrs.
Still having pee accidents in house my poor old carpet is suffering. :(
I may have ultrasound done on her to see if her bladder is tiny and that's why she cant hold it.
In meantime, I started to crate her at time I would normally have to take her out and keep her crated for 1 to 2 hrs. beyond the time she would of gone out. Today I was cleaning upstairs so she was in crate for 3 hrs. past time I would of taken her out.When I did take her outside she barely peed. I thought she would be peeing buckets. LOL Later this evening she peed in the house :(

Latest Photo Of Ms. Gretchen
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/gretchenjan2013_zpscf7982eb.jpg

Taz_Zoee
01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
I guess some pups just take longer to "get it" when potty training. Maybe one of these days (hopefully soon) it will just click and she will be fine.

She is so cute! :D

Karen
01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Maybe if she isn't capable of holding it when awake, you could try training her to go in a particular spot, on a "pee pad" in the bathroom, maybe?

Craftlady
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
I guess some pups just take longer to "get it" when potty training. Maybe one of these days (hopefully soon) it will just click and she will be fine.

She is so cute! :D

The cuteness factor is what keeps us going :)
She has done very well today (no accidents inside) and one time during day she actually went to the door and waited to go out WOW
Going out every 2-3 hrs and after playing keeps me hopping but the trainer was right it's working! Eventually I will stretch the time going outside.

I checked with vet's office found out just how expensive it was to find out if she had a small bladder. The gal at desk and I agreed we can wait and see. Even if it's small we cant make it grow LOL

Craftlady
01-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Maybe if she isn't capable of holding it when awake, you could try training her to go in a particular spot, on a "pee pad" in the bathroom, maybe?

So far today she has proven holding it does work for a short period of time. Eventually I will extend the time frame she to take outside.
Boy this is work!