View Full Version : my dog's nuts!!

COCatMama
12-05-2002, 11:26 PM
He's eating celery
LOLOLOL
crrrrunnchhh crunncchhh hahahah

delidog
12-05-2002, 11:28 PM
mine will eat apples and carrots if given the chance...oh yeah...joey stole 3 fresh beefsteak tomatoes off the table last week....didn't leave a trace!!!

ownerof3dogs
12-06-2002, 12:08 AM
Hercules loves Veggies. The other two will eat it just because Herc does LOL

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 12:42 AM
Nebo *loves* carrots...oh wait, Nebo loves everything. ;) He will eat pickles too, I've never seen a dog eat those.

Cookiebaker
12-06-2002, 02:50 AM
As soon as we pull the carrot bag out of the fridge, Malone is right there drooling. He *loves* carrots! But he also likes Mustard! :p Nutty dog!

evelyn1157
12-06-2002, 05:35 AM
zoey loved apples and carrots too!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-06-2002, 06:00 AM
Drake likes cooked veggies. He doesn't like any raw veggies unless it's carrots and they have to be cut in lil bite sizes. Talk about a spoiled dog!

Cisco's Mom
12-06-2002, 07:10 AM
That is funny. I don't know if Cisco likes celery, but he does like many diff. veggies.

COCatMama
12-06-2002, 09:02 AM
Juneau *loves* carrots and apples and cherries and apples and celery etc, weird dog! he doesn't like pig ears but he will eat a bunch of fruit or veggies...lol

zookeeper
12-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Bobbie will eat anything that a human will put in their mouth, guess she figures if it is good enough for them it's good enough for me :) Chester is very cautious with food. he'll put stuff in his mouth spit it out examine it, lick it, put it back in his mouth spit it out, etc. He does this with veggies and after all this does not eat them, btu Bobbie is right there to clean up whatever he hasn't eaten :rolleyes:

Andie
12-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Katie and Bull will eat anything you put in front of them at least once. You want nutty: Bull likes onions!

ownerof3dogs
12-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Andie
Katie and Bull will eat anything you put in front of them at least once. You want nutty: Bull likes onions!

Becareful with onions, have heard that if a dog eats too much it can be poisonous. I am not postive if that is correct, but I wouldn't want to take a chance.

Andie
12-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ownerof3dogs

Becareful with onions, have heard that if a dog eats too much it can be poisonous. I am not postive if that is correct, but I wouldn't want to take a chance.

He only gets one lil piece when I'm dicing

ownerof3dogs
12-06-2002, 09:43 PM
That should be O.K. I just thought you should know. I wouldn't want him to get sick. He's such a cutie and all:)

turner
12-06-2002, 10:55 PM
Deisel & Phoebe both like raw veggies...

Don't know if this is true or not and can't remember where I heard it, but can someone tell me if it's true or not.

I heard that carrots are good for a dogs muscles especially big dogs that are prone to getting hip displacia.

mugsy
12-07-2002, 09:32 AM
Geez Lalania, are you converting Juneau to vegetarianism too??? lol Our dogs like certain fruits and veggies. Some of them like grapes, most of them like carrots, the all like salad as long as it has dressing on it (which of course means it's the dressing!;) :p ), one of them (I don't remember which one) at an olive one time...that was hysterical to watch.

As for onions, yes, they are toxic to dogs and they are just as toxic as chocolate. Our vet told us that a 40 pound dog can eat a pound of chocolate before it would kill them, but, also said, don't push your luck, just don't give it to them. Also, pretty obviously, baker's chocolate is A LOT worse than milk chocolate simply because it's so much purer.

Lillycat
12-07-2002, 02:24 PM
very informative! guess we need to watch closely what we allow our pets to munch on.

Andie
12-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Garlic makes them sick too.