PDA

View Full Version : Myndi's 17th b'day today

pomtzu
01-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Today my sweet little old lady celebrates her 17th birthday, and she officially becomes the oldest canine furkid that I ever had the pleasure to be a Mom to. :love: I attribute her longevity to tons of TLC, a great vet, obviously good genes, and her feisty, strong willed, determined, hard-headed, and stubborn spirit. Her vet said that Myndi is one of her oldest - if not the oldest - canine patient that she has too. All of that is quite an achievement.

We're going to spend a quiet day and get in a lot of extra snuggling too. And since she absolutely loves peanutbutter cookies, I'm going to bake a batch for her. Of course she won't eat all of them herself, and she will share with all of us. I wish Sparky was here to help her celebrate her big day - and help her to devour some of those cookies - but I'm sure he's looking down on her with his goofy little grin, and bragging to all of his new friends about his big sister. :)

And so Miss Myn, thank you for being my steadfast and loving companion all of these years, and making my life better for it. Mom loves you bunches and bunches!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

Happy Birthday, Myndi

Queen of Poop
01-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Happy, Happie Birthday Myndi!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and get spoiled absolutely rotten!! Sending you a big hug and bunches of kisses!! :love::love::love:

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Wow, 17! What a long and wonderful life she has had. Happy Birthday, pretty Myndi! Hugs and kisses from me and Lily! :love:

Karen
01-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Happy Birthday, Myndi! You could not be more loved, more every day! Enjoy your peanut butter cookies, sweetie! And just image - one more year and you'll be eligible to vote! ;)

Freedom
01-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Enjoy your day, Myndi.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Felicia's Mom
01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Happy Birthday Myndi!:D

ChrisH
01-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Aww, Happy 17th Birthday, Myndi! :love:

Enjoy your cookies sweetheart! Sending you lots of kisses with lots of love.

lizbud
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Happy Birthday Myndi :) Wishing all the very best on your Birthday & always.:love::love:

Lilith Cherry
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Happy Birthday Myndi! We all love you so much!

Grace
01-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Happy, Happy Birthday, Miss Myndi:love:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/dogbone.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/dogbone.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/dogbone.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/dogbone.gif

cassiesmom
01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Happy Birthday, Myndi! I hope your birthday cookies are delicious!!

chocolatepuppy
01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Happy 17th Birthday Myndi!!!:love:
I hope you've enjoyed your special day pretty girl!:D

Steve Arnold
01-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Happy Birthday, Myndi! Seventeen is a great milestone, congratulations on a long and happy life.

Pinot's Mom
01-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Happy, Happy Birthday, Myndi!!

Sorry we're late, but it's Mom's fault!

Love you - Pinot.

Asiel
01-25-2013, 08:48 AM
So sorry I wasn't able to be here yesterday but want to wish you a very

Happy Belated Birthday Myndi - I hope your mom treated you extra special, hard to do when you already have the princess' place.

Enjoy the good like, you earned it :love::love::love:

pomtzu
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone - Myndi here............

A big thank you for the nice comments and good wishes, the hugs and kisses (which Mom delivered :)) the dancing Bichon doggie :D, balloons, and the bones with bows too. It was so nice of all of you stop by on my birthday and be so nice to me.

I had a good day, and Mom made me peanut butter cookies, which at first I didn't know what was in the tin. After Mom took the lid off, I was so excited that I took a whole cookie out and started to eat it. But Mom said "no - just a little at a time", so I only got a few pieces of one. I didn't think that was quite right - afterall - it was my birthday and she made them for me!!!! But she said a whole one was too much and it would probably make me feel yucky. After I thought about it, I had to agree that she was right. Besides, just getting a few little pieces at a time is going to make that tin full last much longer!

Gotta run - it's almost time for lunch, and then I can get a few more pieces of cookie!!!! :D

Big woofs, tail wags, and doggie kisses to all. :love:

Mom said I have to send some b'day pics - so here they are. I don't like having my picture taken! :(

Taz_Zoee
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Myndi! Sounds like you had great birthday. Enjoy your cookies for a few days. :)

robinh
01-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Happy belated Birthday, Myndi! I wish you many more wonderful years.

pomtzu
01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Thank you too, Aunt Cindy & Aunt Robin.....:love::love:

chocolatepuppy
01-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Aww, so nice to see pictures of you Myndi! You're so pretty and you don't look your age!:D

maid25cats
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Myndi
I am jealous I love peanut butter cookie!

I loved seeing your pictures
Was mommy holding the cookies in front
of the camera to get you to look at it :D

Sounds like you had a good day.
Wishing you and Mommy many many more
Healthy and Happy Birthdays Together!

Karen
01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Aww, Myndi, thanks for sharing your birfday pictures - better that than having to share your cookies, right? ;)

Scooter's Mom
01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Myndi!
I enjoyed seeing your birthday photos!

pomtzu
01-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Awww - thanks again everyone! I'm really enjoying my yummy cookies. I guess I had better cooperate when Mom wants to take my pic again, or she might put a halt to more cookies. :eek:

Well - breakfast is served, then I have to take my horrible tasting medicine, but I'll be getting another piece of cookie after that to get rid of that yukky taste, so I guess there is a good side to it afterall.

Sending lots of :love::love::love::love::love: to all,
Myndi

kaycountrygal
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Sweet Girl! Myndi, I hope you had a good birthday yesterday. (I didnt see the post until now) I'm sure your mom spoiled you rotten (yesterday and every day). Those peanut butter cookies looked good (enjoyed the photos). I'm curious; were the cookies made just for doggies or could people eat them too? I'm sorry Sparky couldnt be with you but I'm guessing he was there in his own way. Yes, 17 is a long time for a little companion. I know you treasure every day with her. I hope you two will share many more days/years together. Hugs to both of you and Happy Birthday Myndi!

pomtzu
01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Kay - thank you for posting. Myndi would have thanked you, but she's taking her afternoon nap. :)

Those cookies are "people" cookies, and I cut way back on the amount of sugar in the recipe. She only gets 2 or 3 little pieces after she eats her regular food, so even just one cookie goes a looooooong way. I figure at 17 she has earned a little sinful pleasure, since I don't normally feed her people food, other than a little boiled chicken and veggies that I put in her canned dog food.

And I definitely will deliver those hugs........:D

moosmom
01-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Happy Birthday Myndi!!!

pomtzu
01-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Thank you, Auntie Donna. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-30-2013, 01:55 AM
HAPPY BELATED 17th BIRTHDAY MYNDI!!!! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday. You're looking great for a 17 year old. Enjoy your peanutbutter cookies.:)

pomtzu
01-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Thank you too, Aunt Tracey. And yes - I'm really enjoying those cookies. YUM! Gotta run - just had my yucky tasting medicine, so there's a little piece of cookie waiting for me now. :) Bye.....

Bonny
01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
A Belated 17th Happy Birthday To Miss Myndi :)

pomtzu
01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
A big thanks to you too, Aunt Bonny. Boy - this is fun - the birthday wishes keep coming even a week later! The cookie supply is holding up good, too. :D

:love::love::love: from Myndi