PDA

View Full Version : Snow Days!

HoRsELUvR
12-05-2002, 06:55 PM
We had lots of snow in Maryland so we didnt have school today and they canceled school for tomorrow.anyone else have a ton of snow(or not enough)?

COCatMama
12-05-2002, 06:56 PM
no snow here, and clear! not even rain wooohooo

HoRsELUvR
12-05-2002, 06:59 PM
well,no rain is better than no snow.

mugsy
12-05-2002, 08:42 PM
No such luck here. I could have used at least a 2 hour delay!! lol southern Indiana got part of the weather. They said on the news tonight that Bloomington and Columbus (IN) got 4 inches of snow and they cancelled school. That would probably rate us here in Fort Wayne a 2 hour delay or nothing at all depending on how the idiot superintendent was feeling that morning! lol

delidog
12-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Nope....Didn't See Any SNOW Here Today!!!!;) :D

ownerof3dogs
12-06-2002, 12:55 AM
Yep, we did we got about 7 in. The was a half-a-day of school today...and I think there will be school tomorrow

wolf_Q
12-06-2002, 01:20 AM
I'm getting mad....its almost a week into december and we STILL don't have any snow!! We've had snow on Halloween before! And there's usually ALWAYS snow for Thanksgiving! *pouts*

HoRsELUvR
12-06-2002, 08:43 AM
i know how annoying superintendents can be.im surprised we had no school 2 days in a row.wolf q-i hope you get snow soon.i hope u get some soon.we got at least four inches of snow,but i doubt we got 7.that would be fun.

ramanth
12-06-2002, 08:45 AM
No snow yesterday and only a light dusting last night. The roads have been clear since we got dumped on awhile back. :)

HoRsELUvR
12-06-2002, 08:52 AM
ramanth-i like your signature

Lillycat
12-08-2002, 05:55 PM
mugsy, i had to laugh at your post......we, in cincinnati often wonder how "they" decide 2 hr/or snow days.......think it is just a flip of the coin! lol:confused:

mugsy
12-08-2002, 06:51 PM
You can rest assured, that THEIR butts aren't out there driving to decide whether to close or not. Some times I know that the delay is just to see if conditions are going to improve and if it doesn't, then they close. Most of the time, the reasoning is that it's light outside with a 2 hour delay and people can SEE the kids as they skid into them!! lol j/k Seriously, it is easier to see the kids AND it's easier to see the ice.

Our superintendent is just an idiot. He's not very well liked by anyone and we're just waiting for his youngest daughter to graduate because the skuttlebutt is that when she graduates they're out of here and most will be more than happy to wish them good riddance!! lol

But I agree the coin toss sometimes seems like the only logical explanation. I know that we have HAD school with no delay with 6 inches of snow on the ground and then turned around and were cancelled for 2 inches of snow. Go figure!! :rolleyes:

DogMania
12-08-2002, 07:34 PM
I had tons of snow and got a dissmissal at 11:00. I mean come on may as well just have a snow day!

Lillycat
12-10-2002, 07:47 PM
mugsy, there was a time when cps NEVER CLOSED.....than a child was seriously hurt and than we closed once in awhile and a year or so ago we began having the ole two-hour delay and now we never close again.....although we did close the last snow....now tonight it is supposed to snow a little, freezy icy stuff and the radio is saying the morning w/be difficult......so who knows what will come down.....:rolleyes:

mugsy
12-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Gee, I could use a 2 hour delay tomorrow, how come WE don't get that stuff?? lol Getting up at 8 sounds lots nicer than 6 right now. Good luck!!

I'm checking our forecast, but I'm sure we couldn't be that lucky !!;) :p

Dakota's Mommy
12-11-2002, 03:46 PM
I've yet to see snow this year, but since I'm in Texas now, I doubt I will. I guess they have gotten a little snow around here from year to year, but since I'm actually wanting it this year, we probably won't get any. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I hated the white stuff while I was in Ohio, now I miss it. Who would have thought?

ramanth
12-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by HoRsELUvR
ramanth-i like your signature

Thank you. :D I can't look at it for a long period of time though, or else it makes me dizzy. ;)

So, if I cause anyone some insanity, please forgive me. :)

HoRsELUvR
12-13-2002, 03:51 PM
lol it doesnt annoy me.

Uabassoon
12-13-2002, 04:07 PM
Thank you. I can't look at it for a long period of time though, or else it makes me dizzy

Well, it never made me dizzy before, but now that you called it to my attention it does.

What's a two hour delay? I've never been anywhere where it snows. Could someone please explain it to me?

mugsy
12-13-2002, 06:22 PM
First of all, I just want to say that Indy's and Ft Wayne's snow tonight is going to go for naught....tomorrow's SATURDAY!! Sheesh, when is the weather going to get it right!

Ok, a 2 hour delay is when the push back the start of school because of (usually) the weather. We have fog delays, snow delays, ice delays...you get the picture. The reasoning is that by waiting 2 hours to start school that the kids will be picked up AFTER rush hour and it will be totally light so people can see the kids and the kids and see the ice, or whatever it is.

HoRsELUvR
12-14-2002, 11:58 AM
yea a two hour delay is basically when activities like school start 2 hours later than usual.