PDA

View Full Version : Attitude is everything

Louie and me
01-20-2013, 05:01 PM
My 93 year old aunt who travels all over England by herself on the bus for the fun of it, had a nasty case of the flu.
She told my sister this morning "I really thought I was going to die so decided if I was, it was going to be in my own bed so I went to bed at 7:30pm. I woke up the next morning at 10:30am and figured if I hadn't died, I might as well get up.
Don't you just love it?

chocolatepuppy
01-20-2013, 05:19 PM
That's great! :D My grandma is gone now but lived to be 93. When she was in her early nineties and I asked her how she was doing
she'd say "oh I have good days and bad". Never complained.:love:

pomtzu
01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
That is a great attitude. Why complain - it won't change anything, and who's going to want to listen to complaints anyway? I don't complain( except to my doctors and my partner in crime :D) for those very reasons. I know I'll never make it to 93 tho. At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to see 70! :eek:

Karen
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
The choir performed in church today, and had percussionists, one of whom was playing Mary Green's tambourine. Mary Green was a lady who lived to be 105 I think, and when she was in her nineties, told me during a visit - "When the Good Lord calls me, I'm going." End of subject!