PDA

View Full Version : Thursday of the 'Stinking Rose' #516

RICHARD
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I guess it's time to rock some recipes with some Stinking Rose in it.......

How's about some spus-getti with some garlicky clam sauce and bread for starters?

and a cup of tea?

pomtzu
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Oh no!!!! I accused you of sleeping on the job and opened the bar with #516. I deleted it tho...............

None of the above for me thanks. I got stuck on the idea of oatmeal from last week, so I made an applesauce oatmeal bread. Everyone help themselves - it's still warm from the oven. And since it's almost lunch time here in the East, there's a big bowl of chicken salad made fresh this a.m. too.

Calling for snow here later today and tonight, but I'll bet we don't get any. Depending on who you listen to - anywhere between nothing and 6". It doesn't look or feel like snow, so I'm saying nothing will probably be the amount we get.

Pinot's Mom
01-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Yesterday I had a wonderful garlicky lunch! Steamed mussels in a white wine cream sauce and some fantastic garlic bread with TONS of fresh garlic to dip in the sauce! YUM! The only thing missing was a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc - but, alas, it was a work lunch!

Karen
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Hee hee - a garlicky work lunch is only a good thing if everyone in the office partakes! ;) But for those who missed the end of last week's Thursdays, garlic is now Karen-safe for consumption in the real world! Quite exciting - I can have salsa again, and even Goldfish crackers - bet you didn't know they have garlic in them!

smokey the elder
01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Yumm....garlic! I like to roast a whole head, then smear it on Italian bread or whatever.

RICHARD
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Yumm....garlic! I like to roast a whole head, then smear it on Italian bread or whatever.

With a drizzle a little olive oil and sea salt.......

I'll boil of pot of water and take drink orders for later on.

DONE!

Lady's Human
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Garlic?

How about come chicken cacciatore to go with all this? STep one: saute minced garlic in olive oil, so it counts, right?

By they way, someone's not spoiled, just well loved. I was just having an oatmeal cookie, and Lady, who's in the loveseat next to me, just looked over with her big eyes and weaseled a piece of cookie from me without ever getting up.

Queen of Poop
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Since I'm having one of those days where if it touch it it will break, crash, fall apart - you get the idea. I'm just going to sit quietly here by the fire and hand more cookies to Lovely Lady. I'd have a cup of tea if it's not too much trouble, but maybe put it in something I can't break. :(

pomtzu
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I like the taste of garlic - just not the aftertaste that stays with you forever.

Okay - here's a "random thought" - if garlic is bad for dogs, then why is it an ingredient in many brands of canned dog food?

Good girl Lady - play it for all you can. Tell Dad that peanutbutter cookies are good for you too! :D

Lady's Human
01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
QOP< Lady would gladly share a couch spot with you and schmooze cookies and scritch some ears, and I have just the mug for your tea.....a wide- bottomed plastic spill-resistance insulated mug! (Don't feel bad, I have those days too, I think we all do.)

Karen
01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Okay - here's a "random thought" - if garlic is bad for dogs, then why is it an ingredient in many brands of canned dog food?

It's onions, not garlic, that's bad for dogs, and that only in large quantities. The two are related, but not the same thing.

The garlic is actually in there, like other substances, to make it smell better to the humans who buy the stuff. But garlic in small quantities is fine for dogs, and even has some beneficial effects.

pomtzu
01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
It's onions, not garlic, that's bad for dogs, and that only in large quantities. The two are related, but not the same thing.

The garlic is actually in there, like other substances, to make it smell better to the humans who buy the stuff. But garlic in small quantities is fine for dogs, and even has some beneficial effects.

I was being facetious! And yes, garlic as well as onions, can be toxic to dogs in large doses. I used to put garlic powder in my dog's food when I had my Lhasas - a natural flea deterrent and a lot less expensive than commercial flea products.

RICHARD
01-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, we won't have to worry about vampires for a whole week?:D

Lady's Human
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
What about Orc? Are we going to see him? I heard a loud THUD coming from the L+F....

RICHARD
01-18-2013, 06:19 PM
What about Orc? Are we going to see him? I heard a loud THUD coming from the L+F....

Hokay, Let me tie a rope around my waist and head on in.......If I am not out in one hour?

:confused::eek:

Lady's Human
01-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Hokay, Let me tie a rope around my waist and head on in.......If I am not out in one hour?

:confused::eek:

If you're not back I'll send Patch and the Edster to go find you, Lady's a little tied up with schmoozing the ladies at the moment.

Pinot's Mom
01-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Anyone heard from the barkeep? Did he make it out of the L+F? I see a frayed rope here... hmmm....:confused:

Well, in the meantime, I've set up the coffee - we'll skip the roasted garlic until lunch - OK? ;)

Lady's Human
01-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Anyone heard from the barkeep? Did he make it out of the L+F? I see a frayed rope here... hmmm....:confused:

Well, in the meantime, I've set up the coffee - we'll skip the roasted garlic until lunch - OK? ;)

I asked the rope if he'd seen Richard, he said he's a frayed knot.....

Coffee sounds good, hows about some everything Bagels to keep the garlic going!

RICHARD
01-19-2013, 09:15 AM
I asked the rope if he'd seen Richard, he said he's a frayed knot.....

Coffee sounds good, hows about some everything Bagels to keep the garlic going!

I carried some garlic cloves with me and rubbed them on the walls as I went along.

Just followed my nose to get out!

----------------

Some cream cheese with a little garlic salt, salmon and thinly sliced onion for der bagels?

----------

Not gonna get roped into a joke contest. Last time Atilla the Pun kicked me arse.:rolleyes::D

Lady's Human
01-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Not gonna get roped into a joke contest. Last time Atilla the Pun kicked me arse.:rolleyes::D

Well, I just wanted to try to rope people in, I know it was a fishy idea, but I tried for the halibut.

Karen
01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Sooo not going there! The afternoon has turned grey and cooler - I'll get the kettle on for some tea, and with the garlic theme going, how about some good hearty stew?

Karen
01-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Oooh, and it just occurred to me that Alouette Cheese - that yummy, garlicky soft cheese that I have had to avoid for years is now probably Karen-safe! And there's coupon for it in the circulars from last week's paper! Wheee! Anyone want some with me, spread thin on Carrs Water Crackers?

RICHARD
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Well, I just wanted to try to rope people in, I know it was a fishy idea, but I tried for the halibut.

Well, that is noose to me. And like Karen, I won't take the bait....:D