PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl + Mardi Gras = Catmobile fun?

momcat
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
Well, it's now a new year and the holidays are over once again. I was talking to our dear friend Cassie last night, we think it's about time for another Catmobile get-away. I checked with Soncat - this year's Superbowl is in New Orleans on February 3 with Mardi Gras not far behind. Earlier today I talked to the local Jaguar dealer and she said they were waiting to hear from us about our next trip.

I don't know the date for Mardi Gras but maybe we can do both since we'll be in the Big Easy anyway. What do you say, friends? Is anyone up for a vacation? As always, we're open to any other ideas any of you may have - this is just an idea. Please post in and let us know what you'd like to do, we need to start making plans. Everyone is welcome and it will be great to see all of you again. We have a lot of catching up to do.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Dear Groucho and Auntie Momcat, I peeked at Meowm's church choir schedule for the first 3 months of 2013. Ash Wednesday is on Feb. 13 so that would put Mardi Gras on Feb. 12. I like when Lent comes because Meowm eats more fish than usual, and she will sometimes serve a little to me! (mostly toona fish from a pouch, but I like that)

I can't wait to find out everyone's thoughts on this and I will be very happy to help!

Lubz,
:love:
Cassie

catmandu
01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Our Found Hotel Cats , Porch Cats and Our Awesome Angels just love the Big Easy!!!
And of course Cajun cooking!!!
They are all ready to Go Go Go!!!!!!!!!
:love::love::love:

katladyd
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
My boys are in. Should Ming bring his 'pipes? Mac wants to know if anyone wants to play a little ball while they are there. He could bring his mitt and bat.:)

phesina
01-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes, Ming should definitely bring his pipes! Elmer and Bob will have theirs, and Sparkler is already practicing new dance routines!

All the gang are in for this trip.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Count Winnie, Angel, Chip, Chuck and Frankie in!!! They are packing even now!!! :love:

Pinot's Mom
01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Hello Kitties! I have already been working on this, since I got a heads up from Groucho and Cassie, so we're well underway. Mardi Gras is indeed on Feb. 12th, Superbowl is Feb. 3, and the Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans begin January 19th!

Meowmie is hoping the Ravens head to the Superbowl, but she won't be watching it live, she'll be at home. We can leave as early as you all want, just let me know, I'll put in a few surprises for y'all!

ETA: Almost forgot! I have a new friend to bring along - Meowmie's friend at work adopted a new kitty from the place where I came from - his name is Brutus, he's about 8 weeks, and he's kind of cute. Is it OK y'all?

momcat
01-09-2013, 06:19 PM
ETA: Almost forgot! I have a new friend to bring along - Meowmie's friend at work adopted a new kitty from the place where I came from - his name is Brutus, he's about 8 weeks, and he's kind of cute. Is it OK y'all?

Hi Pinot,
Of course Brutus can join us! Please assure your Meowmie's friend that he will be watched closely and very well taken care of. Does he need sunglasses? If he does, I'm sure our ladies will see to that when they go shopping. Maybe they can even find him a tartan collar so he'll feel like a welcomed member of our krew. I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Your friend (and Brutus' friend too),
Groucho

Pinot's Mom
01-10-2013, 08:09 AM
This is Brutus - do you think he'll fit in?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-10-2013, 08:39 AM
My boys are in. Should Ming bring his 'pipes? Mac wants to know if anyone wants to play a little ball while they are there. He could bring his mitt and bat.:)

Frankie is for sure in for playing ball!!! He's bringing his stuff too!!! :D:love:

They all say a special HI to Brutus and can't wait to meet him. :love:

cassiesmom
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I bet there are Catmobile conversations a lot like these. P.S., Patrick's Meemow has recently gone to the RB :(

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/217757_10151619652644746_644205129_n.jpg

Pinot's Mom
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Brutus is wondering if he scared everyone away....

phesina
01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Oh, Brutus, don't worry... You haven't scared anyone away.. especially us. We can't wait to meet you! You are so cute (young lady kitties will be swooning) and you look like such a fun guy, we can't WAIT to meet you!

Love :love::love::love::love::love::love: from your new friends
Poppy
Elmer (junior bagpiper)
Bob (senior bagpiper)
Sparkler (Celtic dancer)
Lavinia
and
Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Brutus is wondering if he scared everyone away....

Brutus my kitties can't wait to meet you. Frankie is bringing an extra ball glove in case you want to join him and Mac in some ball. :D

katladyd
01-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Brutus, Ming has been out looking for a miniature set of bagpipes for you to learn on. The kitty bagpipers will be more than happy to teach you how to play. Not to be outdone, Mac bought a Tee Ball set.:rolleyes:

momcat
01-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh Brutus, you haven't scared anyone away, we can't wait to meet you and have you join in all the fun. We Catmobile kitties get VIP treatment everywhere we go. We always watch the Superbowl from the special VIP box after we run on the field with all the players while they warm up for the game. There are always plenty of treats for everyone, do you like cheezburgers? If there's a place you'd like to see along the way be sure to let us know so our ace co-pilot Pinot can plan it in.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Hello, most adorable Brutus! Welcome to the Catmobile!! :love:

Dear Groucho and Pinot, I will bring some extra blankets so everyone has a comfortable place to sit and watch Frankie, Mac, Buster and any other players if they don't wish to join in.

momcat
01-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi fellow kitties! I guess many of you were watching the games yesterday to find out who we'll be seeing in the Superbowl - it will be San Francisco and Pinot's beloved Ravens. She looks so good in purple! We need to decide when we're going to leave so we can arrange for plenty of snacks and maybe a little sight seeing along the way. For those of you who want to go, please let Pinot know as soon as possible so she can make sure everyone will be picked up.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
01-22-2013, 08:06 AM
We're all going! With bagpipes and dancing shoes too!

Poppy
Elmer
Bob
Sparkler
Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

We're sad to say our beloved Lavinia went to the Rainbow Bridge on Monday, Jan. 14, but Lavinia Angel will be flying along with everyone.

Pinot's Mom
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi fellow kitties! I guess many of you were watching the games yesterday to find out who we'll be seeing in the Superbowl - it will be San Francisco and Pinot's beloved Ravens. She looks so good in purple! We need to decide when we're going to leave so we can arrange for plenty of snacks and maybe a little sight seeing along the way. For those of you who want to go, please let Pinot know as soon as possible so she can make sure everyone will be picked up.

Your friend,
Groucho

I'm so excited!! My Meowmie told me to take lots of pictures on my Catberry - she wishes she could be there, too! She told me I could borrow her special Ravens Mardi Gras beads!!

Ready, kitties?!

Purrs - Go Ravens - Pinot ;)

cassiesmom
01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Meowm is going to wait a few more days before she goes to get the cheesecakes for us. She said I can take the train to Momcat and Groucho's house and meet the Catmobile group there. Stoopid Meowm - she has been telling everyone on the phone that Coach Harbaugh's team is going to win! She doesn't realize that both teams have coaches named Harbaugh?! Hello?!!

Lubz,
Cassie

momoffuzzyfaces
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Chip, Chuck, Frankie, and Winnie and Angel are ready to go any time. Frankie packed an extra ball glove for Brutis and is bringing his little football too. That boy does love sports!!! They are all so excited to see their friends again. :love:

katladyd
01-24-2013, 01:50 AM
My boys LOVE THE 49ers, so both conferences will have kitty fans. They all can't wait!:D

momcat
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
Well, we're in countdown now with the Superbowl one week from today. The Catmobile will be at my place on Tuesday afternoon, the staff is putting a new heating system in because it's sooo cold and the weather is going to get crazy again. Be sure to pack some warm things in with your sunglasses. I haven't heard from Pinot yet but I'm thinking about leaving bright and early Thursday morning. Spencer at Trenton's Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe said to let him know when we're leaving, breakfast will be served while his crew stocks the Catmobile up with lots of tasty treats.

It's still not too late to join in so call Pinot and let her know you're coming. To those of you flying in, let us know what airport you're coming into and the Catmobile will pick you up. If you're coming in by train, take the Amtrack to Trenton and you'll be picked up. As always, you're welcome to stay at my place until we head out.

I can't wait to see all of you again. My lovely Inka will be here on Tuesday. Hmmm, how about something special for the kitty couples for Valentine's Day?

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Dear Groucho, I will have Cassie fly to Philadelphia on Wednesday with her suitcase and cheesecakes if that works for you and Momcat. The weather is supposed to change for the worse around here mid-week.

Thank you,
Elyse

momoffuzzyfaces
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
My gang are on the way. Their pilot friend is flying them in. They will let you know the details Groucho, so you can pick them up at the airport.

They thought they'd better git while the gittin is sood as we say. Frankie had his first ever time out yesterday for chewing holes in two 17 pound bags of their kitty kibble. :rolleyes: I know it was him because I had shooed him away from them several times. Then Chip distracted me and voila!!!

We are to have severe storms here tomorrow anyway and I don't want them traveling during storms.

Pinot's Mom
01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
We're all set to leave Thursday - there will be plenty of surprises in the Catmobile! :) Y'all ready?

GO RAVENS!

katladyd
01-29-2013, 01:12 AM
My boys are flying in. Ming is getting over yet another UTI so he is bringing his antibiotics (as well as his bagpipes) with him. (What is with this cat and UTIs?):rolleyes: Could someone make sure he takes his meds 2X per day until Saturday? Thanks.:)

momcat
01-29-2013, 07:49 AM
My boys are flying in. Ming is getting over yet another UTI so he is bringing his antibiotics (as well as his bagpipes) with him. (What is with this cat and UTIs?):rolleyes: Could someone make sure he takes his meds 2X per day until Saturday? Thanks.:)

Hi katladyd,
Groucho is tying up some last minute details but he asked me to assure you that Ming will take his meds. A few kitty nurses will be on the trip so they will definitely keep an eye on him.

Pinot's Mom
02-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Well, I understand the kitties have been having a TIME in the Big Easy! One of Pinot's surprises was for them to meet a special Ravens fan, Captain Deeefense, from Baltimore. He's quite a character and, the best part, he won a big time Tailgate party with more trimmings than you could name. The kitties had some great food and took a nap in his big chair. :) The party will continue tomorrow; today was just a warm up. The girls have been SHOPPING!! They have all been collecting TONS of beads in anticipation of Mardi Gras. The Catmobile has a great spot in Jackson Square so they can enjoy the sights and food.

This afternoon all the kitties gathered in the Catmobile, crossed paws and bowed heads to honor their dear friend Fister, who crossed to the Bridge. They will all miss him deeply. After some memories were shared they went to Preservation Hall for some New Orleans Jazz. The band dedicated a special song for Fister. Knowing he wouldn't want it any other way, the kitties will continue on to dinner, and will meet the horsies for a special evening before the Superbowl tomorrow.

Purrents, everyone is OK, but your credit cards may be in danger. :love:

momcat
02-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I got a call this morning from a rather groggy Groucho. He said they were up partying just about all night. Pinot is thrilled beyond words because she met Joe Flacco, he picked her up and took her for a run around the end zone then told her what a pretty kitty she is while giving her loads of scritchies.. Everyone absolutely loves Brutus who is quite the football player. The poor little guy did get scared when the lights went out though. Groucho said the Catmobile alarm is set, still more parties to attend. They're scheduled for brunch with the contenders of the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Half Time Show, several of our krew can't wait to meet the hedgehog cheerleaders. With another full day of activity, Groucho said he was going to sleep for a bit but will check in again.

CONCATULATIONS RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Please tell me that Chip and Frankie were NOT the cause of the blackout!!!!????? :eek: :love:

momcat
02-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Please tell me that Chip and Frankie were NOT the cause of the blackout!!!!????? :eek: :love:

Hi Auntie Momoffuzzyfaces,
I can assure you that Chip and Frankie were in no way, shape, or form involved with causing the blackout. They were in our VIP box the entire time and never left. When the lights went out they started the search for flashlights because little Brutus was so scared. Finding no source of light in the VIP box, Frankie called the Catmobile driver who ordered all of us to stay put. A short time later he brought us several flashlights and our festivities resumed. Along with Ming, Sparkler, Cassie, and Inka, Chip did all he could to let Brutus know he had nothing to be scared of because all of his new friends weren't going to let anything happen to him. Actually, Chip and Brutus are inseparable now.

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
02-05-2013, 09:31 AM
And next March Madness with all those colleges to visit each with a cafeteria full of FOOD!!!:love::love::love:
Super YUMMIES:love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
02-05-2013, 02:53 PM
I am so glad to hear the boys are being good and enjoying a new friend. Maybe they are finally growing up. Chip and Chuck will be 3 in April and Frankie will be two April first. How time flies. :love:

cassiesmom
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Text from Cassie:

Hi Meowm
I am nice and warm in New Orleans
And you are not, ha haaa
Guess what I am going to eat for Mardi Gras -- TUNA FISH!!!
I purred for Auntie Randi and Auntie Anna cos I knew you would want me to.
Oh I will give the leftover tuna to kitties who don't have enough to eat. Will you feed the outside kitties at Grandma and Grandpa's please.
We are having a great time, the youngsters have so much energy and for us senior kitties there is plenty of people -watching.

Lubz,
Cassie

cassiesmom
03-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Dear Groucho and Pinot, is it too early to start thinking about another Catmobile adventure? My meowm is looking forward to nicer weather coming, hopefully soon. Could we please go to the Kentucky Derby? It is May 4, 2013. That would give me a chance to spend time with my friends and enjoy nice weather!

Lubz,
Cassie