PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like to read my blog?

Kirsten
01-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Well, I've started a blog a while ago, just thought I'd let you know. Not that I have much of importance to tell! lol Since it's associated with my website (http://www.kirsten-scheffel.de), it's more or less a photo blog, but maybe it's going to be some kind of journal also. At this point, I have no idea where this is leading to. Feel free to check it out:

Pics & Thoughts - Just Another Pointless Blog (http://www.kirsten-scheffel.de/blog/)

I still need to change the blog layout. It's not that I don't like the current one, but it looks a little messy with the Internet Explorer. Works fine in all other browsers, though.

Karen
01-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I will a bit later! :)

pomtzu
01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Later for me too Kirsten. I'm dead on my feet and I'm going to hit the bed and let the t.v. put me over the edge into Dreamland! :)

ChrisH
01-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Had a swift peek, Kirsten, and it looks really interesting. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thumb.gif I've bookmarked to read at later.

Scooter's Mom
01-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I read it; and as usual loved the photos you put on it.
I am a sucker for your photos. Thanks for always sharing!

Kirsten
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Chrystal, thank you very much for taking the time. :-)

Chris, pomtzu and Karen, no problem; check it out whenever you like... And it's not so much to read, promised! ;)

pomtzu
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Kirsten - I have to admit that I was somewhat hesitant to read your blog at first, but now I'm not sorry now that I did. I found it insightful and delightful - you need to write MORE!

The reason I say I was hesitant, is from past experience of reading a few blogs. It seems that so many people just strip themselves naked and put it out there for all the world to read, and I for one had the feeling of what it must be like to be a Peeping-Tom when I was reading one in particular. Are they truthful, or just looking for attention no matter how they choose to go about getting it? One very lengthy and drawn-out blog I know was just an attention-getter......a pity party at best......yet some folks fall for the tales of sorrow and woe that are 99% fictitious.

Thank you for being the genuine individual that I've always known you to be. :)

Kirsten
01-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Kirsten - I have to admit that I was somewhat hesitant to read your blog at first, but now I'm not sorry now that I did. I found it insightful and delightful - you need to write MORE!

The reason I say I was hesitant, is from past experience of reading a few blogs. It seems that so many people just strip themselves naked and put it out there for all the world to read, and I for one had the feeling of what it must be like to be a Peeping-Tom when I was reading one in particular. Are they truthful, or just looking for attention no matter how they choose to go about getting it? One very lengthy and drawn-out blog I know was just an attention-getter......a pity party at best......yet some folks fall for the tales of sorrow and woe that are 99% fictitious.

Thank you for being the genuine individual that I've always known you to be. :)

I know exactly what you mean, I'm not a big blog reader myself, for the same reasons, I guess. There are some photo blogs though that I really enjoy and that I find inspiring, and that's the kind of direction I'm trying to take with my own. And I have always enjoyed writing; in fact, I was writing a lot before I started taking pictures. :o The blog, however, is not written in my native language, and you may wonder why... Well, the answer is... I just don't know, but I find more beauty in the English language than I do in German. That's kind of weird, isn't it?

pomtzu
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
I for one, am thankful that it's in English! :D

Kirsten
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I for one, am thankful that it's in English! :D

Glad to hear! :)

Karen
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
It looks fine, neat and nicely done in my browser! Nice job, too. More kitty picture needed, though! ;)

Kirsten
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM
It looks fine, neat and nicely done in my browser! Nice job, too. More kitty picture needed, though! ;)

Thanks for taking the time to look! I'm sure kitty pics will come sooner or later... ;)

cassiesmom
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I would, I would! And I will enjoy the photos too :D Kirsten, you are so talented and creative!

Randi
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I've had a look, and although I haven't read anything yet, I will! I always enjoy your pictures, you have such talent. :)

I had another sentence from the same thread, but in that I would have had to put dots for a certain word.

momcat
01-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Kirsten,
Just read your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially your thoughts about the new year. Very well done! Do you have plans to add to it?

Kirsten
01-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Thanks for having a look, Randi, and momcat, thanks for taking the time to read... You mean plans for the new year? Well, if my health allows it, I have planned to go out more, find people with common interests (photography), and try to advance my skills. That's what I'm hoping to be able to do.

cassiesmom
01-10-2013, 07:11 AM
I would, I would! And I will enjoy the photos too :D Kirsten, you are so talented and creative!

I read your first entry about rainy spring ... Cassie is mewing for breakfast and I have to head out, so I'm going to come back later and read it properly. I book marked it too :D

Asiel
01-10-2013, 08:01 AM
I finally had a chance to read your blog Kirsten. must admit I'm not a fan of blogs but yours was so talented and showed me what the new year looks like through your eyes. I hope you'll keep adding to it, and of course your pictures fantastic as usual. I hope you keep the blog going with more pictures added also. Who knows what this blog could lead to, very interesting.