PDA

View Full Version : T Shirt Design Info, PLEASE READ!

luckies4me
12-05-2002, 11:30 AM
I want to have a vote for a design, where people can submit a pet from each category (cat, dog, bird, small and large animals) and then have people vote on which pet in each category they would like to have in the design. If there happens to be a close tie between two pets we will use both. Then after all the voting is done and we have decided which pets will be featured, I will draw up the design. This way everyone has a chance to have their pet on the tees. Of course Amy can draw up something also and we can vote on which design people want to use. I have a few good ideas for design but want to give Pet Talkers a chance to get involved also by voting for their pets.

I will start a thread for each type of pet category in Marketplace. Please only submit one picture per thread. The picture can include more than one pet, as long as it is clear and both bodies are shown. This means, please only submit a pet if you can see the whole body, no face close ups, sorry. I will let the submissions run for a week and a half, after that we will vote on which pet in each category should win and be featured on the shirt. If it is a close tie, I may chose to feature two from the category or in the case of small animals one hamster, one rat etc. Please DO NOT vote for your pet, choose another cutie pie. :) We want to keep this fair and honest. I will start accepting applicants today through the threads specificaly created for them. Thanks for the patience on the shirts everyone. Hopefully we can get a design made shortly and get this ball rolling.

Cassandra:)

Nomilynn
12-05-2002, 12:34 PM
I thought we were using a logo, and not a picture of someones pet? To be honest, I won't want a shirt if it has a big design displayed across the front. I also don't think that one pet is representative of what Pet Talk is all about - that's why I think just a logo would be better. Then, if people wanted to add a picture of some kind later, they could. I actually think that would be neat - if ever there was another pet talk meet and greet, everyone could see the many pictures and ways people decorated their shirts. But that's just me :D

luckies4me
12-05-2002, 12:51 PM
Actually we were going to use both the logo and a picture. When we have the final vote you can vote for plain or design. :)

ownerof3dogs
12-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I thought we were using a logo, and not a picture of someones pet? To be honest, I won't want a shirt if it has a big design displayed across the front. I also don't think that one pet is representative of what Pet Talk is all about - that's why I think just a logo would be better. Then, if people wanted to add a picture of some kind later, they could. I actually think that would be neat - if ever there was another pet talk meet and greet, everyone could see the many pictures and ways people decorated their shirts. But that's just me :D

I agree. That is a great Idea!!!!!!

luckies4me
12-06-2002, 11:01 PM
If everyone wanted a different shirt it would cost a few thousand dollars.

Nomilynn
12-07-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
If everyone wanted a different shirt it would cost a few thousand dollars.

Not if people ordered the shirt, and then once they had it if they wanted to take their own picture to a local printing place in their own town. I didn't mean you would have to make several hundred different shirts!! :) I don't know about in other places, but here I can go to just about any mall with a photo and have a screen put on a shirt for around $20. What I imagined was say everyone bought a shirt with a logo. Then, if they chose, they could ad a pic of their own pet or something later on after they had it. Or they could leave it blank. Then, every shirt would be personal to every member. :)

anna_66
12-07-2002, 06:21 AM
I personally would just like to have a shirt with the Pet Talk Logo, then like Nomilyn said, if we choose we could have our pets or something else on them:)

luckies4me
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
I have never hear of any place charging only 20 dollars for a screen printed shirt. Screen printing it very expensive and I don't know any company who would waste money to make a different screen for each shirt, it's just not logical. It must not be screen printing, as they also charge for ink and to burn the picture into the screen, screens are not cheap.

luckies4me
12-07-2002, 11:38 AM
But it would be nice to get iron on tranfers and people can add a picture that way, by printing from ones computer. And considering everyone here has one (hehe, hopefully a printer too) I think that is a great idea. They can put something like "My Pet Talk Pet" and then then picture or whatever they want to add to it.

I will keep the poll open for a few more days to here some more responses and then close it. I do think though that most everyone is leaning towards the logo only. Which again, is a lot easier, lol. Thanks everyone for putting up with me through this whole thing, I just want to get it finished you know? :)

Nomilynn
12-07-2002, 01:43 PM
ok then maybe it's an iron on transfer.. I might have my lingo confused :D

luckies4me
12-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Hmm........now I'm thinking a bit. Can't we just do iron on transfers? That way I wouldn't have to shp anything, hehe. It would cost us all about 15 to buy the paper and shirt to print on. But then again, tranfers do not last very long and often crack. If we want a shirt that will last we need to have them printed. :)

sasvermont
12-07-2002, 03:37 PM
We can always "iron on" our on Pet's photo.

A nice logo on the front...upper left or right....leaving the middle and other side available for the folks who need their pet's photo on their shirt...

:)

luckies4me
12-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Yep! I totally agree now. Well I always thought just a logo would be easier but now I think we are really getting things straightened out. I am so glad I made this thread. Thank you all so much for responding!

Vermontcat
12-07-2002, 05:06 PM
Hey Luckie, sometimes simpler is better.:)

Now we just have to put the pressure on Karen to show us her new logo!;)