PDA

View Full Version : Rosy Bourke Parakeet

leethatsme
12-28-2012, 06:53 PM
55721I'm getting a new hand fed Baby Rosy Bourke Parakeet for my daughter!! :D She has named him Kirby and he will be ready to take home from the breeder in Feb. 2013. I was wondering if there are any suggestions or things we should know about raising and looking after our new little baby? We had a rescued (from our driveway!!) hand fed budgie before for over 10 years ... and Tweety was my daughters best friend. So we are hoping for the same relationship with Kirby. Anyone out there have one as a pet? Any suggestions?
:) Thanks!! :love:

Karen
12-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Mostly get information from the breeder about what he has been eating, and how much and how often by then, so you can keep his diet as stable as possible during the big transition! This dies give you plenty of time to research diet and environmental needs, making sure there are no cold drafts in the spot his cage will be in, etc.

luckies4me
04-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I used to own two many years ago. They were always very friendly, not nippy at all, and had a beautiful voice. :) Congrats! They make awesome birdy friends.