PDA

View Full Version : Eye gunk

Sowa
12-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Clover has been getting gunk in her eyes in the mornings. It's yellowy in color. Also my cat always tries to clean her face/eyes. He's never done this with my other dogs. Could that cause an infection?

CountryWolf07
12-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Clover has been getting gunk in her eyes in the mornings. It's yellowy in color. Also my cat always tries to clean her face/eyes. He's never done this with my other dogs. Could that cause an infection?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I noticed this in Ryder. He seems to have it always in the mornings. And when he's very tired, his lower upperlids droops. Mike told me that it's common in Labs? I have to wipe it off because I think it's gross! He's now 10 weeks.

Sowa
12-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah Clover had it off and on since she was a pup too. It just seems to be more globby lately. I clean them in the morning and she's find til the next morning. She just finished meds for allergies/itching. I think it was called Vanectyl p

Freedom
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Could be related to the time of year, with the heat on the indoor air is drier. This makes for drier eyes and the gunk appears to be MORE that normal.

If you changed food and/or treats, that could be it too.

pomtzu
12-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Sparky always had it, and being that he was a white dog, it was always more noticeable. I would just clean the corners of his eyes frequently, telling him that eye boogies were not at all attractive on his handsome little mugg! :eek: Myndi, on the other hand, never has them. Go figure!