PDA

View Full Version : urgent!!! transportation needed!

lexie
12-04-2002, 05:30 PM
i am getting a dane puppy in 6-7 weeks and need someone to transport her to me. i live in Terre Haute,IN. but i can meet in Indianapolis,IN.

please help!!!

lexie:(

mugsy
12-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Lexie, I live in Fort Wayne, where is the pup coming from?? If it's from up north I'd be willing to drive to Indy to drop her/him off.

lexie
12-04-2002, 06:22 PM
she's comming from the middle of Ohio. that might be too far for you to drive.:(

mugsy
12-04-2002, 06:27 PM
I've been known to do it!! lol Blackie (the Aussie I transported) got picked up in Indy, driven to Columbus and then I came home. The second time around I drove to Columbus, back to Fort Wayne and then up to Plymouth! I was never accused of being overly bright! hehehe

lexie
12-04-2002, 06:44 PM
so you can help!!!??? e-mail me and we can talk by e-mail... [email protected]

i am soo happy i'm crying right now.:D :D :D :D :D

shais_mom
12-05-2002, 01:01 AM
I have pm'ed you, but I need more details!
Mugsy I might be able to meet you closer to the IN/OH state line. I have never driven to Indianopolis and am not comfortable driving that far by myself.

Dakota's Mommy
12-05-2002, 01:31 PM
I still want more details of this dane. I'd help if I were closer, but since I'm not, I just want dog details, LOL!

lexie
12-05-2002, 02:45 PM
go to this page and this is the route i was thinking the person would take from OHIO to INDIANA

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&osd=&newname=&newdesc=&dsd=&newHash=&newTHash=&newErr=&newTErr=&newFL=Use+Address+Below&newaddr=&newcsz=Marengo%2COH&newcountry=us&newTFL=Use+Address+Below&newtaddr=&newtcsz=indianapolis%2Cin&newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Directions

lexie
12-05-2002, 02:56 PM
well i just got an e-mail back saying that they had 6 girls and 3 boys. there was two fawns, 4 black, 3 brindle. she's gonna send pics and let me pick one out.

i'm sooo exited!!!:D

TopSpoT
12-05-2002, 04:05 PM
I've never heard or seen of a brindle great dane. Is there such a thing?

TopSpoT
12-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Nevermind. I just looked it up! WOW Shows how much I know.

lexie
12-05-2002, 04:29 PM
they'r pretty aren't they?

lizbud
12-05-2002, 08:06 PM
lexie,

Are you getting the dog from a breeder or from a rescue
organization? Do the other Dane pups have future homes
yet? Great Danes are very beautiful creatures.

mugsy
12-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Liz, they're coming from a breeder. Lexie, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check this person out. It makes me nervous that the dogs are only going to cost $150. That sends alarms off as to backyard breeders. You might also check the Great Dane rescues out there to see if you can't save one's life. Go to www.petfinder.com and choose the breed that you want (which of course is the Dane) and you can take your pick. The last time I was on there, there were 496 Great Danes that needed to be rescued.

TopSpoT
12-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Mugsy, Great idea. A breeder that would email someone to pick out any pup they want sends out a red flag to me. Also, including the price. Is this breeder going to do a home visit, etc? Have the pups had any of their tests done? What about the parents? I just don't know. Doesn't sound very reputable to me.

Petfinder is a great site, and you could probably find one right in your home town.

lexie
12-06-2002, 11:06 AM
the reason the puppy is so cheap is because the female was bred,but then another male got into the mix (i think) so instead of doing tests on each pup to find out the dad she is just selling them for pets. they will be vet checked,wormed,all first shots,and comes with a puppy starter kit.