PDA

View Full Version : Another year gone by. I can't believe I have been a member here for so many years!

sasvermont
12-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Actually, I can believe it. Time waits for no man (or woman)!

Although we, as a group, have "our moments", for the most part, the members are wonderful, caring people. We all have the love of animals in common. From that common denominator comes many things: friendships, opinions, different opinions, information, appreciation, adoptions, cures, recommendations, pet re-homing, grooming tips, laughter, crying, consolations, admiration, envy, appreciation of great photography and on and on. So many pluses.

Since April 1, 2001 (no joke here) I have spent many hours reading and taking in all you have to offer. I thank you all for sharing and caring for so many of us. I know we all have had a positive effect on many new persons arriving here at a time in need. We have most probably, saved pet's lives by giving our unsolicited advice as well as solicited advice!

I thank you Karen and Paul, for hosting this site for all of us. Please let us know when you think you would like a donation thread to begin again. We all can spare a few dollars during the year.

Thank you.

Happy holidays to all! Be safe. Give your pets an extra hug this season.

Fondly from Camp Vermont,

Sas, Prue the doggie, Juni, Chloe & Lucy, the cats!

:love::love:

moosmom
12-22-2012, 10:09 AM
You said it so well, Sallyanne. I've been a member of PT for over 10 years now (I think) and have met so many wonderful people from all over the world here. I love this place!!!

pomtzu
12-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Very nice post and very well stated. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and somehow I feel all of us here would echo the same words if we were as eloquent.

Merry Christmas!

Karen
12-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Sasvermont! We had no idea, when we started the forum so many years ago, that it would grow into the community it has become! Hugs to everyone!

maid25cats
12-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I was coming on here for a years before I joined.
The first thing I do every morning is check out the cat of the day
Looking at the photos and reading the stories always starts my day off good and puts
a smile on my face :D
So I would like to thank you too Karen and Paul

Steve Arnold
12-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I've only been coming here a few months and so I don't know any of you very well, nor the other way around. But it seems like a great group of people and I'm happy to come each day. Thank you for making it happen.

Barbara
12-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Pet Talk is a part of my life. And the best thing is all the PT members I met in real life and who have become friends-one of them is you, Sallyanne:)

Pinot's Mom
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Six months after Pinot picked us, I stumbled upon PT and (how many thousand posts later?) it is most definitely a valued part of my day. I have met some of you in person, have entertained some of you in my home, been entertained in some of your homes, and wouldn't trade any of the friendships for the world.

Very well said, Sas, thank you for posting it, and yes, thank you Karen and Paul for all your work.

Merry Christmas and 'God Bless us every one!' :)

sasvermont
12-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Both of these furry friends are playing at Rainbow Bridge. Hope you are having fun Gabe and Graemer!

Alysser
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I never realized how much PT meant to me until Sassy died. The support I got was amazing.

I cannot believe I've been on for SEVEN years, that really is UNREAL. :eek: It is truly one of my favorite sites and I don't know what I'd do without you guys to laugh and cry with. :love: You guys are all the best! :) Thanks for welcoming me, Sassy and Mikey into your family all those years ago.

Congrats, Sasvermont! We are glad to have you aboard as well! :D

Happy Holidays everyone.:love:

Roxyluvsme13
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on seven years, sasvermont :).

I've been here since I was 13 (okay, now I feel old LOL) and everyone on here has seen me grow and change and become a better pet owner. I've received countless advice and support and met my best friend in the entire world on here (she's no longer active), but thank you Pet Talk and Karen and Paul for everything you have done!

Catty1
12-23-2012, 10:22 PM
I thought about this - 8 years for me! Yikes!

The time does fly....

Barbara
12-26-2012, 03:49 AM
I had forgotten what a regal boy Graemer was. I am so sorry I could not meet him and Gabe...

cloverfdx
12-26-2012, 09:10 AM
The years certainly go by quickly don't they. I hope everyone had a safe holiday.

Kirsten
12-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Many people say the internet is a fast-living thing, but Pet Talk proves them wrong. I'm here for more than 12 years now; almost as long as Luna is with me, and yes, it's hard to believe how time is flying. I always considered Pet Talk to be my "safe haven" on the internet...

Thank you very much, Karen and Paul, for providing this place! :)

phesina
12-26-2012, 04:40 PM
I joined in March 2006. I can't tell you all how much this place and all you people and beloved animals have come to mean to me!

Thank you so much, Karen and Paul!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I've also been a member here for many years now and it's still my favorite website and forum to visit.:) I've also met many PT'ers and they've all been very nice. I think that people who are into their pets are the most caring people of all.:love: Thanks so much Karen & Paul for creating such a wonderful pet forum.:) Happy Holidays everyone!!!:)

Asiel
12-28-2012, 07:01 PM
I've picked up some valued information on PT and made some good friends who gave me powerful help when needed.
Thanks Karen and Paul for keeping PT alive for all us pet lovers--

dukedogsmom
12-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I joined not long after you. I haven't come here a lot the last few years but I've never truly left, either. I'm trying to come here more often now. I just can't believe how much its grown. *Raises glass to Karen and Paul* Cheers to such a wonderful place.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I have been a member of this wonderful place we call Pet Talk since I was about 12 years old. I cannot express how much I love this place! PT is filled with so many wonderful, sweet, kind and caring individuals who I truly feel like I know, and who I truly love! I've enjoyed every bit of my time here! I don't post as much as I used to, between working full time and so many other things, but I do browse quite a bit! I love each and every one of you so much and I have enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you! :love: A big THANK YOU to Karen and Paul!!!!