PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

*BaSim*
03-28-2001, 05:38 PM
Ok There is a person that lives behind me and they have a dog. There house is very messy on the outside and their lawn is all messy. There is a hole in our fence. The dog allways sits there whinning and barkin with its nose threw the fence. Its very sweet (from what i have seen from the fence) because i put my hand up to the hole and it licks my hand. Simba and it (im not sure what it is) sit there and lick each other. I am very concerned because i do not know what is going on with the dog and why is it allways there at that hole? sometimes i bring dog food out there and stick it threw the hole hopeing i am doing something right. I have no idea what to do.And from what i have seen of it (its nose) i think it is a rottie. Please tell me what i should do!! thanks

oh ya right down the street from me a dog got bit by a racoon with rabies and it was all over the news. The dog was a boxer and i knew it. And they came by air and droped like rabie stuff or something but it is very scary!!!!!

aly
03-28-2001, 07:19 PM
Maybe go knock on their door and see if you can find out any information. If it looks to you like an abuse or a neglect situation, maybe you could ask them if you could have the dog. They might not even care about him and give him to you. Then again, it might not be that easy. I think if its an obvious case, you might be able to call Animal Control. I'm not too sure what the qualifications have to be for them to take a pet though. I had to call them because a girl who lived by me was keeping her cat on her balcony 24/7. The cat always cried and it broke my heart. There was no chicken wire or anything to keep the cat from falling and it was a very small balcony on the third floor. I tried seeing if the humane society could send someone but they couldn't so I had to call animal control. I went to the city shelter though and adopted the cat to take to the humane society. The cat now has a loving home. I hope you can help the dog if he is being mistreated.

Mollie
03-28-2001, 07:49 PM
I would call Animal Control. If the dog seems that abused to you then definatly call. I am not sure of the process but if the dog does get taken away from the original owners maybe you can find him a new home.

RachelJ
03-29-2001, 10:43 AM
If it is just a matter of the dog coming to the hole in the fence and barking and whining, it may not be anything other than the fact that the dog has received something to eat there once before and is trying for a repeat. I have given my neighbors dog a treat maybe once every 4 months, yet whenever we are outside at the same time they are at the fence yelping and licking their lips like it is a daily occurance. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on just this and the fact that the yard is messy.

BoxerLover
03-29-2001, 03:43 PM
I wouldnt stick my hand through the hole if I were you if there is rabies going around. Just to be cautious. Try givivng it water instead of food because it might be dehydrated. Poor boxer that got rabies! Both of these things are very sad! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

------------------
~Erika and Nikki~