PDA

View Full Version : had computer trouble

fritz03
12-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I had some computer trouble this week. I have Windows 8 and normally you don't shut it right off , I did this time and come back to it last on Sunday last week and it said it was repairing disks and would take about an hour, it was more than that after we got back from church it had finished and said it couldn't fix it, tried to install Windows 8 and other disks to try and restore it ,said it was not valid. We took it last Monday, heard from then yesterday, had to take over the Windows 8 disk and they had to wipe the memory clean so lost pictures. I have it back now my printer won't work ,not compatible with Windows 8,I had got it when I still had windows 7 and software for the printer was still in in the computer when I upgraded it to 8 so it worked and and now it treats like a new install so a printer I just bought 2 months ago is useless for me, can't edit pictures down when Olympus, lost a serial number I need to go on and finish it.

issop
12-16-2012, 03:58 PM
i have the main computer win 7 and will not upgrade to win 8. i have a seperate computer with win 8 on it. i prefer win 7 vs win 8 . i call it a win 7 with a touch interface on top of it.. basically it is win 7 but things have been changed around and win 8 doesnt do gadgets. i miss gadgets on win 8 and a few other things that got changed around added or deleted off the system.. i understand its really good on a tablet but on regular computer (no).. pat 20121216.1358

Catty1
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Fritz, reinstall the printer with Windows 7 drivers. What kind of printer do you have?

Also, it is possible to recover the 'deleted' pictures with a recovery program. If you are skilled with computers or have a friend that is I can send them the link to the program. It costs under $100 and works very well!

There are some free ones here but I can't vouch for them: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

The person who does the recovery needs an external hard drive to save the recovered files to.