PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove red wine stains? need help asap

Sowa
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Just spilled it on my blanket and duvet. My duvet is white so it's really standing out. I have a green blanket that goes over it. I sprayed it with stain remover but I have no idea what else to do? Web sites say all these things I don't have. I don't have oxy clean, I don't have club soda. Help??

Edwina's Secretary
12-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Poor salt on it. Then get some Wine Away. It is a product sold in wine stores, World Market - lots of places. It really works. My husband once broke a whole bottle on red wine - on our light yellow carpet. I sent him to get Wine Away and you could not tell there had been a spill.

I always keep it around and give a bottle of it to any of my friends who invite me and serve red wine...;);)

Randi
12-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh dear! I had half a glass of red wine spilled on my light colored cotton sweater a few years back. I took it off and rubbed white hand soap on it immediately. Then, when I came home I washed it normally - and it was all gone. Some duvets can be washed. Do you have a washing machine? It does take a long time to dry, though.

Good luck!

Taz_Zoee
12-16-2012, 03:18 PM
The salt trick really works. We had a party and someone spilled red wine on the berber carpet. Bruce's SIL got salt and a glass of water and I can't even tell you where the wine was spilled.
I'm not sure if you need to do it right away or not. We did only because we noticed it quickly.
Good luck!

Pinot's Mom
12-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Oxy Clean original powder - I swear by it and I have off white carpet with lots of red wine spills.

Sowa
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm going out to buy some oxy clean or wine stain removed lol. I managed to get it mostly out of my duvet. Thankfully I have a large washing machine now. (it wouldn't fit in my old one) There is still a small faded stain in one spot but considering what I started out with, that's pretty good. My duvet cover doesn't have any stain at all now.

Thanks for the help!

moosmom
12-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Salt really works!!!