PDA

View Full Version : My little Dandylion is having her surgery now...

Christiansmommy
12-04-2002, 11:11 AM
...she is being spayed as we speak (or read) ;) Hope she is doing well..I'll call later today to see how she is doing. She has also had a little cough lately...maybe once or twice a week...so they think it might be mild asthma...but they are doing a heart worm test just to be sure...since sometimes coughing is associated with heart worms...see was a stray so i have no history on her...anyway, I'm sure she'll pull through her surgery today and she'll be home just in time for some snow! :)

Robyn

NoahsMommy
12-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Sweet Dandylion will be in my prayers today. Please let us know how it goes.

I didn't know that about the heart worm....I am going to ask the vet about that today...thank you!

Randi
12-04-2002, 11:30 AM
We'll be thinking of her too and crosssing all our fingers and paws! ;)

Fister & his mum

boscibo
12-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Wow- lots of kitties getting spayed this week!

Hanna had a respiratory infection for a few months after I got her - it was tough to get rid of, and one of my other cats caught it too. I was thinking asthma after awhile too, but she finally got rid of it. It was sneezing and wheezing and I could hear stuff in her chest. She also had runny eyes - I hate giving cats eyedrops. My Abby has mild asthma, but she hasn't had any asthma attacks for a long time, so I don't have to give her medicines. Abby's attacks look like she's going to hork up a hairball - she crouches and starts with a low, long cough.

Christiansmommy
12-04-2002, 11:55 AM
I think what you described your Abby's asthma attacks are similiar to Dandy's...i atually saw her coughing the other day and so i ran and got my digital camera (that takes movies also) and i recorded it, so when i took her to the vet...i could play it for him...b/c it would be kinda hard for me to describe... I was also thinking that maybe she caught some sort of a chest cold while she was wondering out in the cold weather...since she was a stray...so we'll see if it clears up...but either way, (unless, God forbid) its heart worms...the vet said he is not gonna treat it, b/c it is very mild...

Thanks everyone for your happy thoughts and "purrr-ayers" for my little Dandy...

Robyn

HoUsEkaT
12-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Hope it goes well, and it should. The vet probably said no clay litter for ten days.

Barbara
12-04-2002, 12:22 PM
Nutmeg, Nakita and Dandylion -they'll all be fine! Paws and fingers crossed. :)

Christiansmommy
12-04-2002, 05:05 PM
My little Dandy is recovering nicely from her surgery. She is still groggy. My vet keeps them over night, so I don't get to see her just yet...but anyway, she is doing well :) And she tested negative for heart worms (thank God)...so it looks like her cough is probably mild asthma...anyway, cant wait to see my little girl :)

Thanks for all of your nice thoughts :)

Robyn

lynnestankard
12-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Late again!!

Glad to hear little Dandy is doing well - holding her in my thoughts.
{{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

Lillycat
12-04-2002, 05:27 PM
many kitty prayers going to little dandy!

Miss Meow
12-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Hoping for a quick recovery for little Dandylion - good luck!

AmberLee
12-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
... And she tested negative for heart worms (thank God)...

Amen! So glad it's not heart worms and that she's coming out of her surgery just fine.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

sasvermont
12-04-2002, 06:16 PM
LOVE,

GABE, GRAMMY CRACKERS AND MILEY GIRL

AND SAS;)

HoRsELUvR
12-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Christiansmommy-my name's Robyn,too,spelled the same way,which doesn't seem to happen often.Good luck to your kitty in surgery!

Christiansmommy
12-06-2002, 05:50 PM
Horseluver...that is true, you usually dont run into too many Robyn's spelled with a y :)

I forgot to update about my little Dandy...she is doing well...slept for a good part of her first day home...and is pretty much back into the swing of things. I know tylenol is deadly for animals...but i just wish they made Kitty tylenol...incase she is having any pain...she seems fine, though...but im a mommy, so i just want my babies ( skin and furkids alike)...to be comfortable. :) ;)

Thanks to everyone for their well wished for my little Dandylion :)

Robyn

lynnestankard
12-07-2002, 11:11 AM
So pleased she's improving Robyn - please give little Dandy nose kisses and a cuddle from me please xxx

Lynne