PDA

View Full Version : Anybody flying from Miami to Washington or Oregon?

phesina
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Our good friend (and friend of all kitties) Debbie Martin is looking for help to get a rescue kitten to its new home! -

--------------------->
ANYONE FLYING FROM MIAMI TO THE NORTHWEST???

Looking for a holiday traveler to help a 10 mth old kitten Maine Coon still in the shelter in Miami Dade Animal Control to find his way to the North West! Need a body to travel with kitty in the cabin as a carry on.

Email me if so! [email protected] thebeachcomber AT Hotmail.com

Thanks Debbie

Karen
12-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Don't forget, she can always contact Pilots and Paws! http://pilotsnpaws.org/

phesina
12-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Thanks, Karen! I passed the word on to her.

Meanwhile, she says they've found a foster in Miami, so he has a safe place for now anyway..

phesina
12-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Karen, here's Debbie's response, after I passed her your Pilots and Paws reference and asked her if they had a potential adopter in WA or OR:

------>
Someone in Washington. She is an approved adopter of a rescue in Washington. I network with her. She wants to try if nobody in fla. Will adopt. Pilots and paws is good for short distance flights since they are small planes.
----------------

Do you know if Pilots and Paws is capable of cross-country flight? Thanks. Karen (or anyone who knows).

Karen
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Karen, here's Debbie's response, after I passed her your Pilots and Paws reference and asked her if they had a potential adopter in WA or OR:

------>
Someone in Washington. She is an approved adopter of a rescue in Washington. I network with her. She wants to try if nobody in fla. Will adopt. Pilots and paws is good for short distance flights since they are small planes.
----------------

Do you know if Pilots and Paws is capable of cross-country flight? Thanks. Karen (or anyone who knows).

They sometimes can arrange for cross-country flights through their contacts.

phesina
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks, I'll pass that on.

Pat

Karen
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Another idea would to be to place an ad on Craiglist in Miami, asking if anyone is flying "home" for the holidays and would like a carry-on companion!

mrspunkysmom
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
There are transport groups on yahoo groups that are safer. Their contacts have been vetted.