PDA

View Full Version : Rascal's Big Outing!

gini
12-04-2002, 12:13 AM
My Vet also owns a pet shop called "The Barking Lot" and they offer reduced cost vaccinations on the first Tuesday of every month.

Rascal was overdue for his shots so I made up my mind that today was the day!

He is so good about going in the carrier - not so good about riding in the car. Lots of plaintive cries coming from this box!!

I carried him into the store and paid for the vaccinations and then we stood in line. Ahead of me was a woman who had brought her whole herd in at once. She was dealing with a cat in a carrier and left her dogs off leash. Her Doberman came right up to Rascal's cage and stuck her nose in to see Rascal.

The Doberman was somewhat out of control and kept taking chew toys off the shelf and the woman kept saying "Oh, I will pay for that and that and that............."

Next it was my turn - and as I put the carrier on the table - the smell hit me. The Vet mentioned it too and as I took Rascal out of the carrier - there it was - he had peed all over the carrier.

This is a popular place and there was a line behind me waiting "patiently?" while I raced around to find some towels to clean up Rascal and the counter and the carrier which was swimming in pee.

When I brought him home and let him out of the carrier, the look on his face was wonderful. "I AM HOME!! I REALLY AM HOME!"

All I could think of to say is "if you had a Doberman stick her nose into YOUR CAGE - you would pee all over yourself too!"

Nothing against Doberman's here - but I don't think Rascal has ever met one before.

AmberLee
12-04-2002, 01:26 AM
Wow! What a day. Sound's like it's really a case of "All's well that ends well".

Can a send a little snugglies to sweet Rascal?

Miss Meow
12-04-2002, 04:12 AM
He may have been acting in a brave way, but his body let you know how he was really feeling! :D Poor Rascal!

Reminds me when we picked up Mini from his surgery. I swear every staff member was an extra on Melrose Place, very glam. Anyway, a dog came out to see his humans and was so excited he peed all over the floor. This six-foot glamazon supermodel woman at reception hauled out a mop and bucket but her heels were so high she couldn't make the bucket work when she stepped on it! I was wondering what a vet tech was doing wearing high heels to work, but maybe animals aren't allowed to pee on the floor as a rule :)

lynnestankard
12-04-2002, 05:55 AM
Gini , poor Rascal - yep I'd pee myself if a huge Doberman stuck his nose anywhere near me!!!! Please give the Rascal some serious nose kissies and head bumpies from across the miles.xxxxx

Nicole - LOL!!! What a wonderful image that conjurers up!!!

Lynne

Logan
12-04-2002, 07:05 AM
Poor Rascal :( . I'm sorry you got scared, little buddy. Gini, he must have been petrified if he did that. None of my cats have ever done that, but Honey is certainly a submissive tinkler. If she gets frightened of someone or something or thinks she has done something wrong, she wets all over herself. And she always does it at the vet's office. Hug that sweet boy for us, please. :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Heck...if I was in a cage...no way to get out and a big old giant stuck his nose in my space I might pee all over myself too!

Poor Rascal....close your eyes and repeat after me....there's no place like home, there's no place like home....

zippy-kat
12-04-2002, 11:26 AM
Does anyone see a trend with our "bad boys?"

First, Logan's Wonder Butter goes soft (or at least room temperature) and now Rascal?! a tinkler?!

Perhaps it's a plot-- last minute attempts-- to get in good with Santa?;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Heck...if I was in a cage...no way to get out and a big old giant stuck his nose in my space I might pee all over myself too!
I know I would!!!
Poor Rascal!!! I hope he's all over his fright now! I think he deserves some extra treats and huggies for all he's been through. :eek: :)

gini
12-04-2002, 12:36 PM
My beautiful orange boy spent the balance of yesterday afternoon cleaning himself - and then he crashed!

Right now he is sound asleep on the (yes - unmade) bed.

Cats must have very clear consciences (sp?) because they can sleep so soundly.

He has had lots of reassurance that he is still King around this house.