PDA

View Full Version : Bathing tips please??

Cookiebaker
12-03-2002, 07:36 PM
I came home tonight to a not-so-nice surprise. Malone had a little (OK...big) accident in his crate. :( Mark had been planning on coming home early but didn't make it, else I would have come home at lunch to take him out. I felt so bad especially when he gave me that "I-know-I-did-wrong-please-don't-be-mad-at-me" look. So up we trotted upstairs to take a bath (ugggggh it was ground into his feet & legs). And I was just wondering if anybody could give me some tips on bathing. This is the 3rd bath (I think) but I always feel insecure like I'm not getting the soap out good enough (I dump cupful after cupful of water spreading the hair, but is that enough??)...and is it "safe" to wash their head or is it harmful if soap gets in their ears/eyes etc. Then afterwards, what is the best way to dry them off?? Can you use a hair dryer, or will that be too hot?? So please all you pro's send along hints & tips! Thank you!!

Signed,

A newbie-groomer

Fuzzy317
12-03-2002, 07:48 PM
We use a doggie shampoo. We clean their face with a wash cloth. Most (or some) dogs are afraid of a hair dryer, so you may not be able to use one. You have to be ultra careful that it doesn't get too hot. To be safe, we just use a beach towel to dry them. But even after drying, our dogs still have to rub on the carpet. :confused:

ownerof3dogs
12-03-2002, 08:16 PM
You can get a tearless shampoo that won't hurt his eye if you hsppen to get it in his eyes.

You can buy a shower hose attchment for dogs that REALLy helps when giving a bath.

Also I use a hair dryer on my dogs and they don't have a problem with it. Just down leavthe hair blowing on one spot for too long or they could get burnt.

Hope this helps