PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Crossbone!!!!

k9krazee
12-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd like to introduce a very special new family member, Sir Cody Crossbone, Cattle Pirate! AKA Crossbone ;)

After much debate and consideration, K and I decided that Jackie Loo would be happier continuing to live with my parent's and possibly in the spring we'll try to move him here again. We really wanted a dog though, but weren't actively looking. I came across Crossbone on the the internet, he was in ACD rescue in North Carolina and we put in an application a month and a half ago. I didn't think anything would come of it. There were five other applications in for him and after home visits and email correspondences, the rescue chose us to be his new family!

This past weekend we drove to North Carolina from Michigan to bring him home!

He is the most perfect little dog. He settles great in a crate, is bombproof with every new situation and takes life in stride. A frisbee dog extraordinaire and great agility prospect. He is 16 months old, a "mini ACD" only measuring about 16" tall and 22 pounds, and has been through at least 3 homes before us. He was surrendered to a shelter at 4 months old, adopted and placed into ACD rescue, adopted last April and was sadly returned in September because of unfortunate circumstances in his home. At that time he went through 5 houses in 36 hours and continued to be a happy, playful little guy.

Without further ado, here are some crappy cell phone photos!

We drove for 7 hours and then got a hotel room. He is used to sleeping in a crate, but we left him loose. He slept on his own queen bed and woke us up at 6 am by dropping a ball on our heads! :D
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/02/u2a4yru7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/02/zumymyqa.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/02/muryqezu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/02/e2anu3a9.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/02/byje3u5a.jpg

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Hello Crossbone and welcome to one of the bestest families EVER!! :D
He is adorable! Congrats on the new addition. :)

cassiesmom
12-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Good afternoon, Sir Cody! How nice to meet you! I like your happy smile! What a lot of places you have lived in, my goodness. I bet North Carolina was beautiful at this time of the year, though. I laughed when I read about your 6 AM wake-up call! That last picture is so sweet and says it all :D

Your new fan,
Elyse

Alysser
12-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Ashley, he is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations :) He looks like such a happy boy and what a cute face. LOL love the hotel story, and how he got his own queen bed!

Karen
12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Crossbone! We look forward, with you, to the many adventures you will have in your new forever home!

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Congrats!!!:D He sure looks like a happy little guy and he's adorable too.:)

lizbud
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Hello Crossbone, What a cutie he is. Looks so bright & happy in his pictures.:) Welcome to PT little guy.:)

mon
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Bright and happy, I totally agree! That's exactly how adorable little Crossbone comes across to me as well! I was cheered up immediately after seeing his sweet face and you definately picked a winner for sure, I felt the overwhelming need to plant a big smooch on Crossbones perfect wee face :D All the best in the future for the whole family, this dog is SO delightful, thanks fer sharin', peace and love :D:D:D

CountryWolf07
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Crossbone is a good looking boy! He will bring a smile on your face every time, no matter what! I know he made me smile just looking at the pictures. He's such a happy boy. Can't wait to see more pictures, please! :) By the way, I love his name! Does he have a nickname?

k9krazee
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you!

He is the most perfect little dog and we love him to pieces. In two weeks he'll get to meet Jack, Micki and Mini.

I have better camera photos that I'll upload & share soon :)

Rachael, we call him Cross or Crossbone most of the time, CODY if he's being naughty (which is like, never) but I like to call him Cuddlebones most of all :)

k9krazee
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Our house is decked out with a wall of crosses & lots of skull and crossbone paraphernalia so we thought it was appropriate to name him Crossbone. And it goes well with the name he was given at rescue, Cody. His previous names were Scooter and Gator. I don't think he cares what we call him, he loves it when you talk to him & would probably come running no matter why you say! :D

Karen
12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
The old saying "Call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner" certain applies to him! And it's a unique name, so suits him - and you!

kaycountrygal
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome Crossbone! What a sweet dog you are... and you obviously have a wonderful good nature to fit in so quickly. You poor little dog; hopefully this will be the LAST home you will ever go to. It's sad that you were in many different homes. I'm sure this will be your forever home. Yes, it is nice in NC right now (I live in central NC, set a record today at 73 temp). I'm sure you'll like Michigan; you seem to be very agreeable and flexible in your life.

Roxyluvsme13
12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Crossbone is adorable! I love ACDs :love: Congratulations on the new addition!

Bonny
12-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh my gush Crossbone is so cute. Congratulations :) We have a full size Australian Cattle Dog & he is very active & playful also. He loves to fetch tennis balls.

Casper
12-06-2012, 08:41 PM
He sure is a cutie. :) Congratulations on the new addition! Some of the smartest dogs I have met have been ACDs, I'm quite fond of them and can easily see how you guys fell in love.

Welcome to PT, Crossbone!

Freedom
12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh my look at that SMILE! He looks like a happy pup. Hello Handsome!

RobiLee
12-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow, I'm a bit behind!! I think Crossbone is a little cutie and he certainly landed himself in a wonderful home. I look forward to seeing more photos of him and I know with your skills, Ashley, that he is going to be an awesome pup! Now my only question is who is this K person?? ;) I'm really behind!! LOL

k9krazee
12-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks! He is so happy, full of energy & potential!!!

I'm starting a YouTube channel to update with videos. There's one right now of him learning to pray.

www.youtube.com/user/crossbonechrinicles

Now my only question is who is this K person?? ;) I'm really behind!! LOL

:D

You're not too far behind! Ken & I started dating last April. He's one of my colleagues, my best friend and the coolest person I know! ;)

ramanth
12-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Welcome home Cody Crossbones!! I love the name and of course have a soft spot for ACD's. :cool: :love:

I hope he and Jackie Loo become fast friends. :D