PDA

View Full Version : You know it's Christmas when......

pomtzu
12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Fill in the blank..........
When do you know it's Christmas?

For me - it's when the Ov-Glove and Chia Pet commercials start saturating the t.v. Don't forget "The Clapper" too! :rolleyes: The jewelry and luxury car commercials seem to have gotten an early start this year - I've been seeing them for weeks already!

What absolutely annoying (or otherwise) thing(s) lets you know that the holidays are here - other than the obvious Christmas decorations in the stores that start around Halloween?????

Randi
12-02-2012, 10:50 AM
.... when there's a mile long queue outside the best tea shop in town. I love the one called "White Tempel tea".

http://www.perchs.dk/?gclid=CP_FwcyW_LMCFUxY3godc1sA6Q

moosmom
12-02-2012, 10:55 AM
There's nothing on tv but a bazillion different versions of every Christmas movie there was ever made!!!

TOYS, TOYS, TOYS!!! Inundated with toy commercials!!!

Oh, and the long lines at the post office.

Alysser
12-02-2012, 11:17 AM
The commercials for sure! One I really hate is the one with the annoying Target lady, and the one that repeats "the lights" 80 times!! :mad::mad: Drives me nuts!

Don't forget when you receive christmas cards from people you haven't spoken to in years!:p

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2012, 01:20 PM
The neighborhood is lit up with Holiday lights. We have several neighbors that go all out. It's cool!
Then I know it's time to put my Trans Siberian Orchestra CD's in my car. :D

Bonny
12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
You know its Christmas when Derek (6 year old grandson) wants to help grandma decorate her 4' tree. We put it on a foot stool (it is a fake tree with its trunk set in a plaster tub) & start with the lights & they have to be the colored blinky lights. Then come the strings of decorative red apples. Then the old plastic star that doesn't light up & I was told to invest in one that does. :D Then all the ornaments made by Derek's dad & uncle over the years get put on along with some special ones from grandma & grandpa. This is the second year we have done this so I think it could become a tradition. :)

Queen of Poop
12-02-2012, 05:53 PM
You know it's Christmas when there is nothing but heart wrenching shows on tv that really "suck" to watch when you are all alone in life.

slick
12-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I know it's Christmas when I make my first batch of Baileys. :cool:;)

Asiel
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
When no matter what store you go into they are playing Christmas carols and the decorations are up on the walls, ceilings and wherever they have room.
And they have some of the old Christmas shows on t.v.that we used to enjoy so much.

Steve Arnold
12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
When the annoying political commercials are replaced with even more annoying black Friday commercials. (Seriously, the Target Black Friday commercials were so nauseating that I was screaming at the TV, "Bring Back Romney!")

But in my family, you know when it's Christmas when it's the day after my brother's birthday. My mom established a rule back when we were kids that was "No Christmas things come out until my brother has had his birthday. (November 29) We're still very faithful about that as Mom didn't want any birthdays to be swallowed up by any holiday celebration.

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
When I start my Christmas cards:) which I still haven't started yet.:( Also when I look forward to going to my mailbox in hopes of receiving Christmas cards.:)

Trinityagain
12-03-2012, 06:38 AM
2 things for me: when I hear either I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas or the Bing/Bowie version of Little Drummer Boy on the radio. Also, and this is a Pittsburgh thing, when they play the Eat-n-Park Star commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NhDtfZmd0

I have been known to coming running from the opposite side of the house when I hear those opening notes...

CountryWolf07
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Getting Christmas cards in the mail and seeing all the holiday decorations around town, which makes it more official. :)

redbird
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
When I know it's Christmas or the end of the year, it's the constant Health Insurance commercials trying to make you buy their brand. Medicare wants you to stay with them and United Healthcare wants you to switch to hem or buy extra insurance from them, it is so boring and I change the channel instantly. It's almost as bad as the political commercials we just went through, glad that's over too.

cassiesmom
12-03-2012, 02:18 PM
... my upstairs neighbor is out on his balcony on Thanksgiving night, no matter what the weather is, putting up his Christmas decorations.

Alysser
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Going to see the tree tonight in RocketFeller Center I guess makes it totally official :)

Felicia's Mom
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
When I start sending and receiving Christmas cards.

david p
12-04-2012, 06:32 AM
2 things for me: when I hear either I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas or the Bing/Bowie version of Little Drummer Boy on the radio. Also, and this is a Pittsburgh thing, when they play the Eat-n-Park Star commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NhDtfZmd0

I have been known to coming running from the opposite side of the house when I hear those opening notes...

Trinityagain, I love that commercial!

moosmom
12-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Taz Zoe.

My FAV orchestra!!! I start playing their CDs on Thanksgiving. It's about the ONLY thing that gets me out of my yearly funk!;)

mrspunkysmom
12-04-2012, 07:20 PM
The neighborhood is lit up with Holiday lights. We have several neighbors that go all out. It's cool!
Then I know it's time to put my Trans Siberian Orchestra CD's in my car. :D

Ahh, Classical meets Heavy Metal. I do listen to some of their music. I prefer Mannheim Steamroller, 17th century classical rock. But TSO does a nice Carol of the Bells.

RICHARD
12-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Chia Pet commercials.

A little trivia about the 'Chia Pet'.

Chia pets are only sold at the end of the year because the company that makes them stockpiles them for the Christmas season.

-------------------

When the 'news programs' talk about the "war on Christmas".

Like what do I do? Get some shotgun shells and wait for Santa to drop down my chimney?:eek::eek::rolleyes:

---------------------

Why people complain about public/private displays during the holidays, yet they do take them as time off from their jobs?

---------------

Geoffrey Giraffe shows up?

(Who puts a giraffe in a scarf and Santa hat?)

------------

People start showing up with all kinds of seasonal crazy sweaters....You know who you are!!!:)