PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION , this is my country doing this and i am disgusted..PLEASE HELP MY FRIENDS.

carole
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/193/308/607/ban-testing-of-party-drugs-on-animals-in-new-zealand/?cid=FB_TAF

Catty1
12-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Signed and link shared on FaceBook.

carole
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks candace i know i can rely on my PT friends, to help put a STOP to this injustice,the more signatures we get worldwide the better.

Karen
12-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Signed.

carole
12-01-2012, 11:49 PM
thank you from me and on behalf of New Zealand animal lovers.

cassiesmom
12-02-2012, 12:00 AM
I found this article with some background on the issue addressed in the petition. The safety of the substances has to be proven.
http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/15532011/animal-testing-likely-in-drug-regime

Signed. There has to be a way to replace animal testing somehow. With all the computer technology nowadays I hope they come up with something soon.

carole
12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
thank you for doing that , yes well i see it this way ,if you make that choice to take recreational drugs, well be it on your head the consquences,these poor animals have no choice, and we MUST speak up for them. I have just sent this to the minister.

Greetings MR DUNNE,

I am absolutely disgusted that the government of NZ would even consider testing innocent animals to test party drugs on, this is outrageous and i for one am not going to sit back and watch this happen, if you make the choice to take these drugs,so be it on your head and you suffer the consequences, i am here to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,how dare you suggest beautiful creatures should have to suffer this testing, and for what, for a small minority of people who choose to make bad decisions in their lives.

At this moment i am ashamed to call myself a New Zealander,i also believed you to be a christian man, well these are all god creatures are they not, if that is your choice to believe in religion.,therefore they should be protected.

I would like to see this banned and will be doing my utmost to see this happens.

If anyone else wants to send him an email, please do, this is the address to send [email protected] i think seeing people from other countries taking an interest will really help the cause as well, thanks in advance.

phesina
12-02-2012, 06:15 AM
I just signed it. The idea that they want to do this makes me ill.

Just what kinds of drugs are "legal recreational drugs?"

pomtzu
12-02-2012, 06:44 AM
I signed. Everyone needs to speak for those that can't!

Catty1
12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
The petition's goal is 1,000 signatures. When I went to it yesterday, there were none. Today, there are 551!

Keep spreading the news!

carole
12-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes awesome,I had heard mr dunne has done a turn around,hoping so,will have to investigate further,what ever he needs to go

cassiesmom
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
It's at 991 signatures now! Come on, peeps, just ten more :)

carole
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Woah I know my PT friends have had a lot to do with the increase in signatures THANKS HEAPS.

momcat
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Hi Carole,
I signed the petition for the poor animals, this is totally uncalled for. If someone is stupid enough to use a "recreational drug" let them deal with the aftermath. I'm no fan of technology but it's a viable option to intentionally putting innocent animals at risk. This isn't over, I'm sending it on to other animal lovers I'm sure will not only sign it but pass it on.

Please let us know what happens?

carole
12-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I have a response email from his secretary will post later as i am on the iPad at the moment and it won't let me copy and paste off my email,thank you so much everyone,means such a lot.

right this is the reply i have received,

On behalf of the Associate Minister of Health, Hon Peter Dunne, thank you for your email regarding animal testing.

The Minister has received a considerable amount of correspondence on this issue and has asked officials for further advice regarding how animal testing can be avoided.

You can expect a response from the Minister in due course.

Yours sincerely

Adrian Portis
Private Secretary - Health

momcat
12-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Carole,
Is there any news or updates yet? Several of my friends have also signed the petition. We're hoping for a positive outcome.

carole
12-07-2012, 11:26 PM
First a huge thank you to all,at present I have no updates sorry,but soon as I do will post,thanks again from all NZ animal lovers .

carole
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/122398/minister-rules-out-some-animal-testing-for-party-pills i found this online today, but it is not the news we really want to read, it is better, but still not near enough close to stopping this, party pills are a recreational drug, you make that choice, you don't have to take them, like meds for a particular illness,not good enough NZ.