PDA

View Full Version : Favorite ornaments?

neko1
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a special ornament they favor?

This is my lennox cat ornament that I've had since 95. I just think it's so gorgeous:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/p49b6c7a78c874a1a021cf96e806b6f96/fcfaa110.jpg

I got this cutie pie at a craft fair:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/p66b04fd704025dbcdcbb7948e6c02e39/fcfaa114.jpg

Pam
12-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Neko I love your ornaments! It's funny because out of all of the ornaments that I have and love, so many are cats! The sad thing is that since the arrival of Andy into my life in 1996 I have had quite a hard time having a Christmas tree because he won't leave it alone! In fact for the past 2-3 years I have only had an artificial fiber optic tree and he has knocked that down once or twice. :rolleyes: Isn't it funny that I can't display my cat ornaments because of my CAT! :rolleyes: :confused: :mad:

neko1
12-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Hee hee I think my tree has more cat ornaments on it than any other ornaments (except for the balls of course)!!!

wolf_Q
12-03-2002, 02:57 AM
Cute ornaments! I think my favorite is one of a siberian husky sitting on a sled that Rachel (countrywolf) gave to me for Christmas. I have a couple other husky ones, along with some dog/cat ones. I'd take pics, but my digital takes crappy close ups lol.

zippy-kat
12-03-2002, 03:09 AM
YES! I have fav. ornaments but our tree isn't up yet!

12-03-2002, 04:14 AM
My favorite ornaments are :1) a handsawn bag with a letter of Jo from preschool . It's so cute ! I will post pics as soon as my tree is up !
2) 2 little wooden hearts , painted by myself , with mine and my hubby's name on !

jenluckenbach
12-03-2002, 06:09 AM
putting a tree up in the house is something I have not done in 6 years. (WAY TOO MANY CATS)
BUt, I had an entire tree of only cat ornaments, including a beautiful painted glass cat tree topper.
The other collection of ornaments that I have, are the Hallmark Star Trek series. I have all of the early ones, and then they started making too many in the same year, and it started to become a "racket", that I just have a few of these newer ones.

Dakota's Mommy
12-03-2002, 02:56 PM
I love a lot of the ornaments that I've got in the closet waiting for us to put up a tree so they can be displayed on it, but I'm not sure when we're getting a tree. My mom has gotten me a lot over the years and some of my favorite are some of the Winnie the Pooh ornaments. Plus, my mom just sent me two small Ty Beanie Baby type things that are dalmations that I think are Dakota's and Destiny's first ornaments (she sent two)!

I'll try to post pics of our favorite ones closer to Christmas!

neko1
12-03-2002, 05:52 PM
hmmm....a cat christmas tree...what a great idea!!!

HoRsELUvR
12-03-2002, 06:04 PM
nice ornaments,neko!i have a million favorites,but ill just share a couple.for one,i have this little basket of a mother cat and her kittens which ive always liked.i also have this little mailbox with a little letter in it.i have tons of animal ornaments that i like and if i keep going it will take forever and i will bore every1,so ill just stop here.

zippy-kat
12-09-2002, 01:26 AM
I've got quite a few... bear with me! lol

Every year my parents have gotten my sis and I a "special" ornament....

Here is this years.... I LOVE it!!!

zippy-kat
12-09-2002, 01:29 AM
I got this one last year....

zippy-kat
12-09-2002, 01:34 AM
I'm afraid K'Cee will be doing this soon.... :eek:

sammi
12-09-2002, 05:49 AM
This is a fun post. So many wonderful ornaments.

COCatMama
12-09-2002, 08:53 AM
My gramma has this metal ball and when you turn it on it makes bird sounds :D I used to love that thing when I was a kid, but it drove the adults insane *G*

Edwina's Secretary
12-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Whenever my husband and I take a trip we get a "local" ornament (I really started doing this before him but....)

So when we put up the tree each year..."oh look! Here's the one from Door County, here's the one form Key West, etc!"

Andie
12-09-2002, 10:49 AM
Most of the ornaments on the tree (other than the balls) are lil things me and my brother have made over the years. So we basicly have our childhood on the tree. :D Mom still has these lil popcicle sticks and constructon paper sleds that say MoM and DaD that I made in art class when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. There is one ornament that we have had for as long as I can remember: It's a blue cat holding a pink lil heart, we always say that's Fluffy's ornament. Now we need to get the dogs one. LOL It's hard to find Lab and Pit bull ornaments tho.

jackiesdaisy1935
12-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Everyone is probably to young to remember the 'Josef Original' figurines, but when our children were young, like about 40 years ago I bought a set of Manger Josef figurines, so very nice and beautifully painted. It has the three kings, Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus and two lambs. I treasure that set and it is just like new and we put it out every year.
Jackie