PDA

View Full Version : My new job.. (1st day report) ;)

CountryWolf07
12-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Howdy! Sorry I'm late, haven't had time to post.. now I have the time :) Anyway.. here we go..
I had 6 dogs come in on my first day! The first dog was a merle shetland sheepdog.. very adorable, his name was Sparky. He was pretty good with me, I brushed, groomed, and gave him a bath.. I also had to blow dry his coat, and that was kind of crazy, haha, he wouldn't really stay still on the table, didn't like the blow dry machine, ya know! Well, then, the 2nd dog came in, but I didn't help out or anything, but it was a Jack Russel Terrier, and he was a cutie! His name was Spot. He just had to get his nails clipped, so I watched while I brushed the Sheltie at the same time.. the 3rd dog came in, and he was a Briard!! Very georgous looking dog.. his name was Sammie! He was pretty sweet with me, slept on the table while I brushed him... he got a little insane when he had to get his nails clipped.. but one casuality was one nail.. the lady I work with, her name is Pam, accidently cut one of his nails too short.. the dog's fault, though.. he kept kicking her, which I thought it was kind of humorous! ;) The fourth dog was a Toy Fox Terrier, and he just had to get his nails clipped, and his name was Skippy. I, again, didn't do anything also.. I was too busy with Sammie. The 5th dog, was a BEAUTIFUL german shepard, but I didn't know his name, and he just went with Pam to get nails clipped.. and I just stayed with Sammie, lol. Now, the last dog, was a Chocolate Lab, now let me tell you this.. that dog was SO nuts with me.. He went crazy on me, he was pretty scared to death about taking a bath, so I got soaked, thanks to him.. haha.. gosh, he was pretty STRONG, and few times he did get out of the tub.. while I was giving him a bath, he made a really odd noise, like half whining, half crying, half choking (Ok.. not sure how to explain this sound, but it was pretty weird, trust me.) He just acted like I was going to hurt him the entire time, and after I was done with him, I told him "Now, wasn't that too bad?" and he just whined really loud! Silly boy!! LOL.. Whew.. So, I did have a great first day at work, and I work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! :) REMIND me to tell you guys about work whenever.. :D I'd love to tell ya stories, like Amy always does ;)

OH YES, did I mention that Pam LOVES country music, and she loves Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks?! :D It's great, haha.. She got to see Garth once in concert, but I told her that I got to meet Kenny and see him twice.. she is really a nice person to work with.. She and another lady, Denise, who I also work with are pretty hilarious.. they both have a good sense of humor and they've managed to crack me up and tease me around... I teased Pam about that chocolate lab.. I told her that the dog made an accident in the room, and she just said, "What?! WHERE?!" and I was just laughing and told her that it never happened and she hit me, haha.. I pretty much love my new job..

Well, I better get goin'.. See ya! - Rachel

primabella
12-02-2002, 06:34 PM
oh, i'm so happy to hear you had a good time :D thansk for the report :)

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Glad to hear your first day went well! Oh fun getting to see all those pups!

Did I tell you I saw Garth in concert once? He does an AWESOME show!!! Never stops running across the stage! Still jealous about the Kenny Chesney thing though :)

Uabassoon
12-02-2002, 09:24 PM
I'm glad your job is going well. Congrats!

Tina
12-02-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm glad you had a really great day on your first day!! Can't wait to hear more stories!!

ownerof3dogs
12-03-2002, 12:01 AM
It sounds like you had a great day at work, and will continue to have fun there.

I now how it feels to deal with crazy dogs at work. I work at a animal hospital and I have to give baths sometimes too. But cutting nails is the worst!!!!

Hope to here more stories.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-03-2002, 06:00 AM
Glad you had a good 1st day at work, Rachel. I look forward to hearing more stories about your customers :D

CountryWolf07
12-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Cincy - No! You didn't tell me!, oh my gosh.. well, it's alright, he may come back.. if he does, expect me to be at the concert!! haha.. ok, lol, now I aml jealous that you got to see Garth in concert.. so I guess we're even! ;) Well.. Kenny is coming to Dayton in March for a concert, you should go.. I can't, LOL, I'm going to Florida, ah well. I'll plan on seeing him whenever he comes around to Ohio after I get back from Fl.. He throws on a GREAT SHOW.. He doesn't run around the stage, but he sure can dance! - Rachel

anna_66
12-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Rachel, I'm glad your first day went pretty good (except the getting soaked part:p ). I'd love to hear your adventures anytime!!

slleipnir
12-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Sounds like fun! I'd want to do something like that too :]