PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy.

catnapper
11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
With all the stress going on in my life, I am grumpy and short fused. I don't feel like the easy going person I usually am. I take offense at the slightest innocent comment. I over react (and apologize). I put up the Christmas tree but no other decorations (not even the banister--- which is always first and my favorite Christmas decorating task.)

I hate feeling this way. Part of me thinks I need a few days off..... yeah right! My work schedule is insane. I was supposed to have off this weekend but now I'm forced to work 8-9. Thirteen hours. In heels and a suit. Just kill me now

Somebody help cheer me up. I'm looking forward to my daughter being induced on friday.

Karen
11-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Awww, do you have lowish "kitten" heels you can wear? Sometimes it helps bring and extra pair of shoes just at a different height so you can swap them out partway through the day.

Sending you a big, bracing hug (be warned, a "Peterson-family hug" has been known to surprise some people with its strength*) and a nice cup of something warm and fragrant to help restore your good spirits. I have just about the silliest ever Eeyore that, when his right front leg is pressed plays a jazzy version of Jingle bells, and his nostrils light up and ears flap up and down - were you my neighbor, I'd bring him over to make you smile.

*first time I hugged a certain someone, he though he might suffocate, but he not only lived through it, but is married me anyway!

Catty1
11-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Kim - hugs! I wish you some moments of peace that arrive unexpectedly. :love: If you can, get some really sudsy bath oil in your favourite scent and have a good soak!

phesina
11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from all of us.. hope this will help cheer you up!

catnapper
11-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Sorry to be such a downer. I'm really having a hard time right now.

I was at work when I wrote this post. My husband was being a sweetheart by bringing me my favorite chinese takeoout. In the two minutes he was there, my mouthy and LOUD coworker started yelling at me twice for things she had no reason to yell for (she just does a really good job at being nasty) I just felt like she was ruining a happy moment. Earlier in the day, this same obnoxious coworker arrived in black jeans and a zip-up fleece jacket. As her professional attire. She's has HR come to our store just to talk to her about wearing jeans. Then a boss came to the store and he didn't care/notice that she was dressed like that.... so then why do I buy nice professional clothes when I can look like a shopper? Stupid annoying thing that she is, she started arguing with the boss over something insignificant (complete with throwing hands up in the air and stalking away). He told her she was insane (ok - THAT was a bright spot in my day :D)

I do have a lot to be thankful for: all the extra hours I'm working are making for a nice sales month. I'll enjoy the paycheck next month :) On nights like last night, when there are no customers (there was FROST of the ground! Oh no! Nobody leave the house!!!) so I read a book curled up in one of my favorite recliners thats nex to my desk (working in a furniture store does have some benefits!) And since I haven't been home much, I haven't had to do housework. My husband did all the laundry and vaccuumed and everything :D Its nice to come home tired to a warm home thats neat and tidy.