PDA

View Full Version : Larry Hagman passed away

chocolatepuppy
11-24-2012, 10:09 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2012/11/24/larry-hagman-dallas-iconic-jr-ewing/1723837/

RIP Larry. What an actor! Dallas will not be the same without you. :(

Karen
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Yours was the first notice I saw of this!

Freedom
11-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I also read it has been over 34 years since we all wondered, "who killed J.R.?" Can't be that long!

RIP Larry.

chocolatepuppy
11-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Yours was the first notice I saw of this!
I was shocked when I saw this on FB! :( I always watched the old Dallas and am hooked on the new one. Wonder who will play his part? Won't be the same.

I also read it has been over 34 years since we all wondered, "who killed J.R.?" Can't be that long!

RIP Larry.

Come on Sandie, 34 years, we're not that old! Are we?:p

pomtzu
11-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Come on Sandie, 34 years, we're not that old! Are we?:p

Maybe you 2 aren't - but I sure am! :eek:

I haven't had the t.v. on all day, so I'm now just learning of this. I was a dyed-in-the-wool Dallas fan when it originally aired, and never missed an episode. Somehow, I just couldn't get in to the new series tho.

RIP Larry. Dallas, and I Dream of Jeanie.........classics that will be remembered for a very long time because of you.

Asiel
11-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I didn't realize he was as old as that--time flies. I still thought of him as J.R. Ewing, this is the first I hear of it, they didn't mention it on our evening news, I'll watch the global later.

I was such a fan of those tv episodes. I never could get into the new ones. Hard to believe it's been that long----

momcat
11-24-2012, 08:22 PM
It was quite a jolt hearing about this on the news earlier. I loved the original Dallas and planned Friday night around it. Somehow the new one just isn't the same, couldn't get into it.

RIP Larry, Dallas and Ewing Oil will never be the same without you!

cassiesmom
11-24-2012, 08:49 PM
I'd forgotten that he was the son of Mary Martin. RIP Mr. Hagman. I remember "Who Shot J.R.?" from high school-- I guess I really am that old! :eek:

caseysmom
11-25-2012, 03:07 AM
I came on pettalk last night to talk about it but nobody had started a thread so I didn't. I am really into the new series and I doubt they will replace JR I think I heard they have shot a few episodes for the new season, they will probably have him die.

redbird
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
I was saddened to hear this a couple of days ago. I've always been a huge fan of Dallas back in the 70's and have been watching the newest Dallas on TNT. That show will never be the same without J.R. Ewing and I do hope they give him a wonderful swan song. Without Larry Hagman, that show would never have been what it was, I will miss him.