PDA

View Full Version : Bushfire

Miss Meow
12-01-2002, 05:51 PM
Had a scare yesterday. About 4pm my dad rang to ask us to get to his house quickly as there was a bushfire next door and he needed help to evacuate the horses. We could see smoke from about three kilometres away and it was so scary. The fire trucks needed access via mum and dad's paddock and dad was home by himself. Lucky we only have two horses and we moved them to a front yard so the trucks could have access.

The neighbour has 35 acres and had slashed the dry grass in preparation for bushfire season, but chose a hot and windy day to start burning it off. He lost control and luckily the fire brigade arrived quickly. There were four trucks fighting the fire and they were there for five hours. Thankfully the wind was blowing away from my folks' house, but it was scary nonetheless.

Mum was out and came home about half an hour after the fire was out, and wondered what all the fire trucks were doing up the road :rolleyes:

Nomilynn
12-01-2002, 05:53 PM
Your mom is probably lucky that she wasn't there! I'm glad everyone is safe. I'll bet the smoke smell is bad though - peee-eew!! :rolleyes:

AmberLee
12-01-2002, 06:44 PM
Whew! Glad it all ended well.

lizbud
12-01-2002, 06:55 PM
That must have been a frightning experience...

I'm glad to know that both people & horses were not
hurt. Happy you are all alright now. :)

Cataholic
12-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Yikes! That would have been terrifying to experience. I am gald your dad was home so that he could call you, and that you were home to go help! Even if the wind was blowing away, poor little horsies don't know that they were 'safe'..I am glad it ended all well!

ownerof3dogs
12-01-2002, 09:50 PM
That is scary!!!!!!