PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP !!!!!

ilovehounds
08-19-2001, 05:24 PM
I just go tthis letter from a friend to day but unfortunatly I live way to far away to help. Maybe someone here can. Or help me in finding a beagle or hound rescue in this area.

This is a forwarded message If you can help this pup Please call shelter
directly 706-678-2287 ask for Gloria Permission to crosspost.

Hello, There is a blind beagle puppy in the shelter in Washington GA. I
don't know much more about the situation. Apparently the pup was born
blind and is still nursing. (the entire littler is at the shelter). I
understand the pup is only a few weeks old. It will be euthed. if not
adopted ASAP. Please call Gloria at 706-678-2287 if interested.

:( Just a little puppy, who can have an amazing, happy life even though it is blind.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-19-2001, 07:26 PM
I want a Beagel so bad! But my family isn't able to get another dog right now! I wish we were! Sorry Angie! :(

TheAntiPam
08-19-2001, 08:19 PM
Don't be afraid of a handicapped pet! I have a blind-from-birth cat that has a full and fun life. He needed some extra care, but he gives extra love in return. This pup can be a wonderful friend and companion! :cool:

(I know most PetTalk people wouldn't even hesitate about the handicap. Just wanted to lend what little support I can to a deserving pup!)

kobieeli
08-19-2001, 08:26 PM
Yup, it's true--handicapped pets, especially blind dogs, can have great lives. Dogs are a lot less dependent on sight than humans are, so as long as you're kind and don't move the furniture around all the time they do just fine. My beagle lived to be 16, and the last 3 years of her life she was blind. Didn't slow her down much!

I hope the pup gets a home... :)

ilovehounds
08-19-2001, 08:30 PM
Im trying to find a beagle rescue but I can't. Does anyone in Washington GA know of a hound rescue ???? Where would I look ?

It says ASAP so I really need to find one. God I wish I lived closer :mad:

ilovehounds
08-20-2001, 10:44 AM
Thanks I'll look into that right away. I just wrote to Beagles And Buddies (thank you soo much Pamela Lane) lets hope they can help me out.

Daisy's Mom
08-20-2001, 04:55 PM
I hope that sweet pup can get adopted! Please tell us what happens!

ilovehounds
08-20-2001, 08:50 PM
Well beagles and Buddies was no help :( they wouldn't help me in finding a rescue in Washington, they told me to visit their links page but I found nothing there. I did however find some rescues in Washington on my own but I haven't gotten a reply back yet. I will keep you posted.

ilovehounds
08-24-2001, 10:10 AM
I just got word that the puppy is safe in foster care :D and he has two GREAT perm. homes to choose from :D :D :D

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: ilovehounds ]

Daisy's Mom
08-24-2001, 03:45 PM
Thank God! The sweet houndy was in my prayers. I guess they were answered!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-24-2001, 04:25 PM
That's wonderful, I am so happy to hear that. Thank goodness.
Jackie

aly
08-25-2001, 12:55 AM
YAY! :D Great news! Sorry I wasn't around to help find rescues. I would've done all that I could. At least the little guy is SAFE :) :)

delidog
08-25-2001, 06:01 AM
yeah for the hound doggie!!!!!!!!!!! the deli dog!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Angels3
08-25-2001, 06:30 AM
Yes, I agree that a blind dog can have a very happy life. Our tricolour sheltie has been blind for the last 4 years & we've learned how to make him safe & comfortable.
There's a good article about Living with a Blind Dog at: http://www.weir.net/~lglass/page5.htm
There's also a good site about Dogs with Disabilities at: http://members.bytemeusa.com/~dwd
I'm glad the little blind beagle pup is now safe & will have a loving owner.