PDA

View Full Version : New!

monkeyluver
12-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Hello! My name is Rachel and I own several animals. I have a doggy who is a mutt we adopted. His name is Abel(we named all our animals with A names) and he is three. He is a fun dog who loves to look after his brothers and sisters. Who are they?

Two Capuchin Monkeys named Abigail and Aaron. Abigail is two and Aaron is one. They are the most friendly monkeys I have ever seen. They are Weeper Capuchins. Abel loves to take them for rides and his back.

An Iguana named Abbott. Mostly Abel is curious in him but Abbott is terrified of Abel. Abbott is about three.

A parrot named Abdul. Abdul loves to talk to Abel. Abdul is extremly friendly. He is six years old.

Five horses. Abir, Abnur, Acacia, Ada, Abraham. Abel loves to lay in the field with his buddies.

So that's all my creatures. I hope I get to know you and your doggies!

-Rachel

aly
12-01-2002, 04:15 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!

Your household must be very entertaining!!! Thats so cool you have monkeys! Do you have pictures of any of your babies? I'd love to see them all! Thats very cute that they all have A names :)

I just have 2 dogs, a cat, some fish, and a foster dog at this point. But I'd love to get a parrot, monkeys, horses, pigs, goats, ducks, ferrets, etc etc etc !! :D

Aspen and Misty
12-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi! Welcome to pet talk! I am owned by 15 pets...

3 dogs
4 rats
4 cats
1 Oscar
1 Cat Fish
1 Betta
1 chemeleon

nice to meet you and all your pets. I love Mokeys. I used to work with a Lemure named Julian, he was a sweety.

Ash

Cookiebaker
12-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi Rachel, & welcome to Pettalk! Your animals sound Awesome!! Do you have pictures?? I would love to see pictures of your all of your pets. I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do. :D

monkeyluver
12-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone!

To all those who want a monkey-I know all the state laws of owning a primate so if you want to know just ask! My state alows all primates. But before you consider research!

I do have pics and a scanner and I'll try to post them soon! Probelm is only Abel can sit still enough. The monkeys put their hands right in front! Little goof balls!

Well I have to give them their bottle soon. They get very fussy if I forget!

primabella
12-01-2002, 04:24 PM
welcome, rachel! monkeys..that's different! :D i love them! love to see pics!
i have two budgies and will be getting a shetland sheepdog in a few weeks!

aly
12-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Are you allowed to have monkeys in Texas???

monkeyluver
12-01-2002, 06:21 PM
Lemme check!

The Task Force is currently conducting a very extensive county-by-county survey of the State of Texas. Of 253 counties surveyed, 198 responses have been received by the surveyors, Linda Brent and Amy Kessel. 91.4% of the responding counties had no regulations regarding ownership of nonhuman primates. Only for 7 counties and 3 cities do the regulations specifically mention "monkeys", "apes", "primates", or "nonhuman primates." Appendix B3 provides several examples of responses. The state requires a permit for certain species of animals (apes being the only primates on that list) - unless one has a USDA license. There are known to be many pet primate owners in the State of Texas and there are a large number of baby monkeys sold at exotic auctions.

Uabassoon
12-01-2002, 06:38 PM
I want to see pictures soon!!! I love monkeys. I've always wanted a pet monkey, but I know they are so much responsibility that I don't think I'd ever get one. But when I was little I used to love watching the monkeys at the zoo, they are like cute hairy kids.

BTW I have two cats names Tibby and Corkscrew

Tina
12-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Hello and Welcome!! I really hope you will enjoy your visit here!!
All of your pets really sound so wonderful!!

Vermontcat
12-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Monkeyluver! You will like it here the people are so nice and we love photos so if you can post some you will get more responses!:)

Your monkeys sound like a lot of fun, is the Capuchin breed the same as the monkey that Ross used to have on "Friends"?
I think you may be the first person here on Pet Talk that owns a monkey. I wonder if one has even been Pet of the Day ever?

I would love to hear more about your horses, what breed are they?

aly
12-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Here's one that has been Pet of the Day:

http://petoftheday.com/archive/1999/September/12.html

monkeyluver
12-02-2002, 06:25 AM
Ya the Capuchin is the breed that Ross got! A black and white one! I have a weeper.

Well Monkeys aren't the most popular pet so I can't say I'm surprised.

-Rachel

kohala
12-02-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by monkeyluver
91.4% of the responding counties had no regulations regarding ownership of nonhuman primates.

ROFLMAO!! What are the regs on ownership of human primates?? Glad to meet you, monkeyluvr!! Saw your pic of Aby, she's a cuite!! Will you send her pic & story in to Pet of the Day??

anna_66
12-02-2002, 08:16 AM
I can't wait to see pictures of all you animals!

ramanth
12-02-2002, 08:27 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! What a menagerie you have! Can't wait to see pics! :D

I'm owned by a dog and a cat who conspire constantly against me. ;)

Dakota's Mommy
12-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Hi and welcome to pet talk! Be careful, you're likely to become addicted to this site like the majority of us have! My name is Christy and my husband and I have a 10 month old purebred dalmation and a 6 month old purebred harlequin great dane!

Tanya&Fritz
12-02-2002, 10:05 AM
Welcome! Your pets are A dorable :D I'd love to hear more about them.

I am owned by 3 dogs, Hans, Fritz and Sparky.