PDA

View Full Version : OOPS!!! I'm in trouble.......

pomtzu
11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
I just looked at the calendar and realized that today is my big brother's birthday - and I forgot to even send him a card. Guess I'll have to pick up the phone and actually call him, and try to weasel my way out of the dog house!

The old codger is a big 78 :eek: years old, and he's so ornery that he will probably outlive me!

Happy Birthday, Charlie

I hope we'll both be around for at least another year, :rolleyes: and I'll try to remember a card too! :p

Queen of Poop
11-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Happy Birthday Charlie!!!

Hopefully he's forgiving and appreciates the phone call.

kaycountrygal
11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
There's always the possibility he forgot his birthday LOL. I have a brother about 2 yrs younger than me; he's great. We've always been close; hope it's that way with your brother.

pomtzu
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah - he was pretty cool about it. When he answered the phone I responded back with a "woof". "What??????" says he! :confused: Then when I said I was trying to get out of the dog house - he got it - and just laughed at his crazy sister.

We're pretty tight and get along great - except when he wants to act like a jerk. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often. :) We had a nice long chat - about our aches and pains, our furkids, and that he is going to blow his diabetic diet tonight by going out to dinner and eating anything he wants, and having cake too. Then he can behave for another year. NOT!! :rolleyes:

Karen
11-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Some guys don't remember dates at all anyway! I usually have to remind Dad when his other children's birthdays are - in fact will have to call him tomorrow and remind him to harrass grandkid #1, as birthdates for subsequent generations are certainly not gonna stick! ;)

lizbud
11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Glad to hear your brother let you off the hook. LOL :D It's great to have a good relationship with brothers or sisters that lasts the test of time.
I have one older brother than I'm still close to & never forget his birthday. (Only because it is the day before mine) :)