PDA

View Full Version : Sandy will be going to the bridge tonight at 6:30 p.m. - Today is SANDY'S GOTCHA DAY!!!!!

Anikaca77
11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I have some really really really great news today.......Today is exactly 1 yr since we took Sandy into our lives. She was 19 yrs old at the time and her previous owners were moving into low income housing and could only take 1 pet with them so they took the dog with them and they were going to have Sandy euthanized. Well being that she was 19 yrs old I couldn't let that happen, hell she made it to 19!

So on Nov. 5, 2011 Sandy came to live with us. At first she wasn't happy about the other cats but she's managed to deal with them and she's a happy camper most of the time. We found out in Dec. 2011 that she was in renal failure but she is still doing as well as can be expected. I know her time is short on this earth but we treasure every moment we get to spend with her.

I have a page on Facebook for Sandy.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandy/264320373625860?sk=info

mrspunkysmom
11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Happy Gotcha Day, Sandy! May you enjoy many more! :love:

catmandu
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
May the Good Lord bless and keep you for taking in a Dear Senior Cat like Sandy.
Shes looks like such a Great Senior Cat and we bet that he brings her sense of calm to your home.
That is great that Sandy has a home where she can be a treasured Cat.
God Bless You Again:love::love::love::love:

maerlyn
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Happy, happy Gotcha Day, Sandy! And God bless your new mom for giving you love and care during your senior years!:love:

phesina
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Happy, happy Gotcha Day, dearest beloved Sandy!!!!!
And blessings to your family for taking in a delightful senior lady (you) and giving you so very much love, that you deserve so well! May you all continue to share your deep love for a long time yet.

God bless you all, :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I was a bit confused... thought you were talking about Storm Sandy. Thank Goodness, it's about a sweet old cat. She looks good for her age and health issues. Good for you for taking her in; I'm sure you've extended her length of life with your care and love.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY SANDY!!! :love::love::love:

This is a very special day indeed!!! My senior kitty Grandma adds her congrats and sends luvies to you too. :love::love::love:

katladyd
11-06-2012, 01:22 AM
You are looking good, Sweet Sandy! My Senior Kitty,Mac (15) ,thinks you're as pretty as a picture! He wants me to ask if you have a gentleman friend. I do believe he is smitten!:love:

chocolatepuppy
11-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Happy Gotcha Day pretty Sandy!!!:love:

Anikaca77
11-06-2012, 07:25 AM
You are looking good, Sweet Sandy! My Senior Kitty,Mac (15) ,thinks you're as pretty as a picture! He wants me to ask if you have a gentleman friend. I do believe he is smitten!:love:

We will ask her when she gets up....right now she's sound asleep which is what she likes to do :) I'll ask though :)

cassiesmom
11-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Happy Gotcha Day, beautiful Sandy from me and my "teenage" kitty!

Anikaca77
11-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Last night Sandy was seeming to have some trouble getting up but we thought maybe she was just tired and needed to stretch her legs a bit. That was not the case, this morning she was unable to stand. She can sit but that's about it. She will be going to the bridge tonight at 6:30 p.m. This is breaking my heart, we were just celebrating her 1 yr with us. We treasure the time we've spent with her and love her so much.

We love you so much Sandy...this is breaking our hearts. We plan on having Sandy cremated and we will bring her home with us. If anyone would like to help out with the cost of her funeral expenses we have a chipin page set up for her, or you can contact the vet office directly if you wish at (814) 238-5100 (Centre Animal Hospital).

I really hope that maybe she will go in her sleep today but she is so strong willed that I don't think she will.

maerlyn
11-07-2012, 08:17 AM
:( Crying here - for the pain you are feeling and will feel. But you've given Sandy a very great gift: she's finished her time on Earth in a loving home, not a cold shelter. She will make her transition from within your great love - you could not give her a greater gift! May Sandy's Creator hold you gently in the hollow of His hand, bless you with the courage and strength you will need, and then may He lead your heart to peace. :love:

pomtzu
11-07-2012, 08:33 AM
So sorry to hear this, and so soon after a celebration of her Gotcha Day. She had another full year of love and comfort in your care, that she wouldn't have had otherwise. Thank you for giving this very senior lady a loving home to spend her final year in. May her passing be painless and peaceful. :love:

Pinot's Mom
11-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I am so sorry. Godspeed to the Bridge, dear Sandy, and Peace to your family on earth.:love:

Randi
11-07-2012, 08:51 AM
It's so hard to say goodbye, but it sounds like the right thing to do. I hope Sandy will have a peaceful passing. She has been with you for a year and is loved. That year she would not have had without you.

Have a gentle journey and rest in peace, dear Sandy! :love:

(((hugs)))

catmandu
11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
That is such a hard decision to make as it is so final, and we always hope that our Cat Companions have just a bit more time left.
But all of us must cross that Rainbow Bridge and it is a kindness when our Pets are no longer able to lead the lives that they would like
You did give Sandy that yera of love and companionship that she would not have had otherwise, and she will be your Special Friend in Paradise.
One Fine Day.:love:

smokey the elder
11-07-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry about Sandy. You gave her a precious year living like a queen.:love:

Freedom
11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
The photo was way too big, I couldn't see it so I've resized it.

Sweet Sandy, Godspeed. You had a really nice year in a PT home!

phesina
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I am so very sorry to read this. Dearest Sandy, you are beloved, now and always. May your journey to the Bridge be peaceful and gentle.

Thank you so much, Melissa, for giving Sandy the wonderful year full of love that you and she have shared and will always share.

God bless you and bring you comfort.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( This brings back sad memories of my RB Storm because he also had problems standing and walking because his back legs would give out.:( I'm glad that you at least had 1 year with her. RIP sweet Sandy.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

cassiesmom
11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Thank you so much, Melissa, for giving Sandy the wonderful year full of love that you and she have shared and will always share.

God bless you and bring you comfort.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I agree completely! Thank you, Melissa for being Sandy's special purr-son for the past year. I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

moosmom
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I am SO sorry, Melissa. :(

RIP beautiful girl. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge and give MooShoo kisses from his Mommy.

xoxoxox:love: