PDA

View Full Version : Pay phones and Hurricane Sandy..

RICHARD
11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/after-sandy--wired-new-yorkers-get-reconnected-with-pay-phones.html

I came across this story on-line and had a good laugh and wondered about how naive (simplistic and confused) people have become.

Actually, how hard is it to use a pay phone? Yeah, I know, pick up the handset, toss in a coin or two and dial away.

Where is your phone list?
How do you get the internet on a payphone?
Take a photo, post a video or update your face book?
How do your text on a PP?

----------------

Pay phones are disappearing from the landscape, I look for one every now and then........and am surprised when I see one in a little box......but I really wonder what Superman would do?

For you young-uns that don't remember, Superman would go into a phone booth, take off his clothes and fly off to do his good deed - I always wondered about the next person in the booth and what they did with his discarded duds and if he ever left his wallet in his pants?

----------------

The scary part about the story?

The plugged-in generation that can figure out how the internet works and how they can spend hours tuning up an iPhone but, cannot figure out a payphone in one minute.

These are the people who will inherit the earth pretty soon........;)

Yes, I know YOU know how to use a payphone! But think about being the person BEHIND someone plugging coins into the slot, then walking away because the "That phone don't work."

Priceless......

pomtzu
11-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I haven't even seen a pay phone in years, except for a couple at the mall. I don't think the plugged-in generation will need to worry about how to make these strange things work, simply because there probably won't be any left before long. - except at the Smithsonian........:eek::D

Freedom
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Interesting cultural change, isn't it?!