PDA

View Full Version : Random Acts of Kindness- Please help!

Suki Wingy
11-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone, I thought I'd reach out to Pet Talk for this one.
I am participating in a scavenger hunt called GISHWHES, or Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen, for the charity called Random Acts. One of the scav items is collecting pledges from people that they will preform a random act of kindness before the end of this calendar year.

I am sure the majority of you all do random kindnesses all day long, so it won't be a problem! How do you pledge? Go to the GISHWHES pledge site (http://cluster.gishwhes2012.com/pledge.php), check the box, enter your first name, your email.
Thank you!

Edit: thanks to everyone who pledged! We broke a world record. The hunt is over but I think you can still pledge. Our team gave away cupcakes as the kindness we specifically chose for this hunt.

Karen
11-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I pledged!

Karen
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
By the way - random kindnesses I've done in the past - just to give folks ideas

Fold and cut a piece of paper into a heart shape, write a nice message and tuck it under someone's windshield wiper

On a miserable day, weather-wise, give some who is walking a ride in my warm, dry car

Hug someone just because they look like they need one

If it snows, clean of the next person's car when you have done yours, or shovel for a neighbor

Give a service person (cashier, server, etc.) a bit of candy - leftover Halloween candy brings unexpected grins from unsuspecting adults!

Compliment some stranger's outfit, I make sure to mention it to someone if the color, or pattern, or something about what they are wearing strikes me as pretty!

cassiesmom
11-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Pledged!

Over a year ago, my car stalled out on a busy street at the beginning of rush hour. Two men stopped to help me and spent a long time providing assistance. I was extremely grateful!

happylabs
11-04-2012, 02:36 AM
I pledged.

JuniorxMyxLove
11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
My friend is doing this! Can I pledge for more than one team? haha.
Apparently her team was the first to make contact with some...prince or something? I don't even remember but she was pretty pumped so I think it was a good thing.

Suki Wingy
11-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow, that one's worth a LOT of points! We haven't got that one, but we do have the majority of the other ones that are worth over one hundred points!
And unfortunately you can only pledge once.