PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat a banana?

RICHARD
11-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I eat mine with my mouth, but that is besides the point?

----------

The real question is, How do you peel your banana?

Do you start from the stem end or the bottom end?

A dinner is riding on the outcome of this poll so please vote honestly.

(There is no electoral college BS stuff happening so your votes WILL BE COUTNED).

Taz_Zoee
11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
If you had asked this question a month ago my vote would have been "I don't eat bananas". But since I'm on a health kick right now I've been eating a banana a day. And I heard somewhere that if you peel the banana from the bottom you don't get the little stringy things. The first few I tried it held true. However the last few I've had still had some stringy things on it, but not as much as when you peel it from the top.
When I heard about peeling from the bottom the person said to watch monkey's peel a banana. They know how to get it done!

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2012, 12:34 PM
When I eat bananas, I usually cut the stem with a knife so I can then peel it from the top of the banana down. It's been a while since I've eaten one. I usually eat apples every day though.:)

cassiesmom
11-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I've heard the same trick about peeling bananas from the bottom to minimize the stringy things. I usually eat mine with a cat watching closely because bananas go with cereal, which goes with milk, which she loves.

Have you seen this? Scroll all the way to the bottom and read the comments ;) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047E0EII

happylabs
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I would say I pretty much always peel it from the stem down.

BTW...my brothers' cat Max HATES bananas. If you even get one near him he will shake his paw and turn. LOL.

happylabs
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I've heard the same trick about peeling bananas from the bottom to minimize the stringy things. I usually eat mine with a cat watching closely because bananas go with cereal, which goes with milk, which she loves.

Have you seen this? Scroll all the way to the bottom and read the comments ;) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047E0EII

Pretty funny Elyse. I love how they are always coming up with gagets to solve problems that do not exist. :D

pomtzu
11-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I eat one with my mouth!!!! Doesn't everybody? :rolleyes:

Seriously tho - I peel from the top down. I never gave it any thought to do otherwise. I learned a new trick today - I'll have to give the bottom up a try next time I eat one.

Kirsten
11-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm cutting mine to slices and eat them with rice milk, oatmeal, and chia seeds. ;)

Alysser
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I haven't eaten a banana in a good 3 years. So I guess, "I don't do bananas".

RICHARD
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Come on Ohio, I need you to vote.:D

Karen
11-02-2012, 02:15 PM
I peel and eat from the stem end, never have any problem with stringy bits - but the real answer is I eat bananas with glee! I am no longer allergic to them, but had to avoid them for 10+ years, so now when I eat banana, I REALLy enjoy them!

catnapper
11-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I break the stem off and peel from there. I saw a documentary that said monkeys do it the other way 'round. It is supposed to be easier, but I just end up smooshing my nana.

Another related question is: how green/yellow/spotted do you eat your bananas! :p

Bonny
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
I like to take a perry knife & cut the bottom of the banana off & then peel it. Then if I have time I will cut it into bite size pieces with the perry knife. The banana skin can really smell up the waste basket along with the house so I throw that out on the garden.

chocolatepuppy
11-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Come on Ohio, I need you to vote.:D

Ohio here. ;) I peel and eat bananas from the top.

Asiel
11-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I cut them in half and peel --

sparks19
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Bananas are gross lol so I don't do bananas

RICHARD
11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Ohio here. ;) I peel and eat bananas from the top.

Yeah Ohio!

JuniorxMyxLove
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
My roommate eats them from the bottom...weirdo.

I peel them from the top, then break off little chunks to eat because I don't like biting into things.

carole
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
i am a huge banana eater, i love them, only one in the house that eats them, so all to myself, they are very good for you and high in potassium, i always cut the stem with a knife and then peel down, i also have it chopped up in my cereal in the mornings ,every morning for breakfast.:)

smokey the elder
11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
One bite at a time :D...Actually, peel them from the stem end.

Lady's Human
11-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Either one bite at a time, sliced in cereal, or sliced up in milk with a little sugar.

Regardless, peeled from the stem end, never had any issues.

RICHARD
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Looks like the east coast precincts are checking in?:cool:

RICHARD
11-25-2012, 09:08 AM
I lost the bet and payed it off last night..........

------------------

The bet started when I took a banana and 'opened' it up the way I usually do, from the bottom.

Doris sees this and comments about it.....These are the things we argue about......and I stated that it's not as uncommon as it looked.

So, I posted a poll here on PT and I was soundly trounced.;) I was hoping you all would back me up!

Anyway, we went out for Mexican!

But I still eat my bananas the say way.:p