PDA

View Full Version : I feel a disturbance in the force

Lady's Human
10-30-2012, 05:32 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/30/technology/disney-buys-lucasfilm/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

C3PO NOW HAS MOUSE EARS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: eek:

Karen
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
R2D2 may want mouse ears, but not C3PO!

Lady's Human
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Worse yet, Miley Cyrus starring as Princess Leia.........

Justin Beiber as Luke......

cassiesmom
10-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Oh, I don't think that's good news at all. Seriously, LH-- how do you suppose Disney was able to get hold of the characters and the concept to implement the "Star Tours" ride at the Disney Hollywood studios? Do you think they worked something out with Lucasfilm?

sparks19
10-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Disney and Lucasfilms have been partners for a long time so this isn't really big news and not overly unexpected.

R2D2 has had mouse ears for a long time :p

we have this trading pin too lol

Lady's Human
10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
There's a major difference between owning the rights to use the characters and owning the franchise outright.

Now that they own it outright, they can do whatever they want with the franchise, which, given Disney's track record, isn't good news.

Just think, Star Wars 3d with 22 seconds of previously unreleased footage!

RICHARD
10-31-2012, 03:16 PM
There's a major difference between owning the rights to use the characters and owning the franchise outright.

Now that they own it outright, they can do whatever they want with the franchise, which, given Disney's track record, isn't good news.

Just think, Star Wars 3d with 22 seconds of previously unreleased footage!

Back in '99 Dizzy stated that all the 'classic movies' were not going to be re-released. It was the "last time" to get them.

A few years ago, those classics began to show up again...

Now you have the blu-ray, 3-d, restored, blu-ray 3-d, blu-ray 3d restored, blu-ray 3d restored limited edition, the blu-ray 3-d restore limited edition with an extended dvd disc, the the blu-ray 3-d restore limited edition with an extended dvd disc with commentary from the director's/producers....and don't forget the special edition holographic cover.

I think I am going to fall on my light saber.

sparks19
10-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Well... I love Disney and pretty much everything they do so... Yeah the sky isn't falling IMO lol