PDA

View Full Version : Dream Come True

KayAnn
09-23-2001, 12:27 PM
I was laying there on the floor with Simba.. and it came across me.. this is my dream come true. As a little girl i begged and begged to have a dog. I even had dreams about having a dog. And then one day i finally got that dog. Hes not only a dog but hes my best friend. Never did i expect him to be such a great dog. He was a birthday present, hes like one of thoose gifts that keeps on giving. He gives me joy and love.
I still remember to this day clearly the day we got him which was 3 years ago. How he looked up at me with such sweet eyes, just laying there, as the other dogs were barking and jumping. And as his cage mate was jumping up and landing on his head. The day when i gained my best friend, my love, my angel. I almost want to cry because i feel so special to have such a wonderful dog. Now, i have to go hug him and lay with him..... Simba, I Love You

aly
09-23-2001, 12:53 PM
KayAnn, I feel the exact same way. And your beautiful words brought tears to my eyes. Simba is so lucky to have you.

I remember when I got my lab in 3rd grade. I had wanted a dog for SO long. My parents finally gave in because I was never inside, always out sitting for hours on end with the neighborhood dogs. One Saturday morning they woke me up and told me I had to go furniture shopping with them. I had a headache and REALLY didn't want to go. But they MADE me. Well we drove for 45 minutes, and turns out we weren't going to a furniture store at all, but to go pick up my little lab puppy. I WAS SO HAPPY! I remember that day so clearly too.

Speaking of labs, I'm now a volunteer for a lab rescue here in Austin. I'm SO excited. I'm still doing my main work at the shelter, but I'll be doing work with the labs for about 5 hours a week.

ShepherdLover
09-23-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by KayAnn:
<STRONG>He was a birthday present, hes like one of thoose gifts that keeps on giving. He gives me joy and love.</STRONG>

Simba was a birthday present? So was Iris. I love those moments when you think "gosh, my dog is just great!"

KayAnn
09-23-2001, 04:44 PM
Yes, we got Simba on the sunday befor my birthday, it was November 21st. I didnt expect to bring him home... we were" just looking" Well i knew it was time because we were "just looking" for like 2 months.We were looking for the special one.. and we found him. ;)

tatsxxx11
09-23-2001, 05:02 PM
I know just how you feel KayAnn. Sometimes I just want to cry when I look at or hold my girls. I feel so incredibly lucky to have their amazing, never ending, unconditional love. You are especially lucky to have SUCH a wonderful, special, beautiful dog like Simba. But KayAnn, Simba is SO lucky to have the best, most loving and proud doggie mom on the planet! YOU! Your love for Simba makes ME want to cry! Love to you and the beautiful Simba! And give him a big hug for me too, OK? Oh, he also, as we all know, holds the honor of the most photogenic pup in the world :)

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Daisy's Mom
09-23-2001, 08:40 PM
Kay Ann you have such a way with words! I am so happy that you and Simba have each other. Your love is so obvious and great! I feel the same way about Daisy. One of my first words was "doggie" and I begged for one from the moment I learned to speak! My parents always were a little hesitant and said no, until I was in third grade. My mom took me, just in case, to an allergy doctor and I was tested to see if I was allergic to dogs. The test came back positive, and I bawled right then and there in the doctor's room. I know that there was somehow a mistake made by the doctor that day. The test also came back positive for PEANUT BUTTER, which I have every day of my life. I told this to Mom but it didn't help, and I went dogless for another five years. Then in 8th grade, we were at a soccer tournament for my sister, and we saw a big fat pregnagt Basset Hound. Well, the rest is history. I think that because I had to berg for almost 14 years for her, it made her all the more special to me and makes me appreciate her more. She is my best friend and my angel and I love her more than anyone understands... except maybe you guys :)

Logan
09-23-2001, 09:55 PM
What a special salute to Simba, KayAnn. If Helen was allowed to respond on this board, she could tell a similar story about Honey. Honey was a surprise for Helen's 8th birthday. I told her we had to go to my friend Robin's house to look at her new brick walkway. I was planning a walkway, really, but I didn't want brick! LOL! Helen didn't know that. When we got to Robin's house, it was pouring down rain, and she invited us inside. We sat down in the living room and Robin's husband walked in with baby Honey. They had babysat her for me after I picked her up at the breeders 4 days earlier. What a wonderful surprise! And Helen and Honey have that same kind of special relationship that you have with Simba, only I don't think Honey would let us dress her up so much!

I wish I could have gotten a puppy or kitten for a birthday....that is the ultimate gift! :D

AdoreMyDogs
09-23-2001, 09:56 PM
All these love stories are so wonderful...you all are truly "my kind of people" and I feel so fortunate not only for my angel, Graham, but also for meeting such fantastic dog lovers. KayAnn, it is such a pleasure reading your posts. This last one brought tears to my eyes. Simba sure was blessed to have walked home with you that fine day. And Bridget, good things come to those who wait, huh? :) What beautiful fate.

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

RachelJ
09-24-2001, 09:12 AM
I too need to say how much I enjoy reading KayAnn's posts.

The relationship you have with Simba is very special and brings you such joy and you relish and appreciate it. And THAT, dear KayAnn, is enjoyable for the rest of us to know and think about.

Once in awhile someone will come into my home and look at my dogs as if they were just a piece of furniture to be stepped around. I always feel sorry for those people who don't know or enjoy the intensity
having animals in their lives. On a scale of 1 - 10, you KayAnn are a 10 of knowing, enjoying, appreciating, and yes, living the good life. You go girl.

ilovehounds
09-24-2001, 10:33 AM
Im crying right now ... :) you are the sweetest girl in the world.

I feel the very same way every time I look into my houndies eyes.

[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: ilovehounds ]

*LabLoverKEB*
09-25-2001, 11:12 PM
I just love hearing stories about your wonderful Simba! You are so lucky to have such a sweet, loving, and cooperative dog. And Simba is so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving, and caring person to care for him. Sometimes I just wish Simba was mine sooo bad! Hugs & kisses to the wonderful, cute Simba! :)

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-26-2001, 08:40 AM
I was ten when I got my Freckles, and I remeber everything about that day we brought her home. I had been begging through my whole childhood for a dog, and kept getting shot down by mom and dad. Finally, they set up a "point system" where I would earn points for good behavior, doing chores, good grades, etc., and then I could 'spend' points on movies, toys, etc. If I reached 500 points by the end of summer, I could get a dog - my parents never thought I'd make it. Well, I didn't spend any of my points, and I reached 500 by spring. On June 15, a week after school let out for the summer, my parents took me dog shopping, and Frecks came home. She meant so much to me - more so than normal, maybe, because I had waited so long and really earned the right to have her!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-26-2001, 09:31 AM
KayAnn what a wonderful bond you have with Simba, we all know how much you love him and how much he loves you, I am proud to have gotten to know you here on PetTalk. My story is a little different, when I was growing up we had two Cocker Spaniels which were my mothers dogs, they adored her and I sort of felt left out. After we married we got dogs, but the Boxer was our sons, the other dogs we got were our daughters and I still felt left out although I loved them they always belonged to someone else. On my 63rd birthday my husband said I'm going to get you a dog of your own, any kind you want.
I guess I'm repeating myself but I wanted a Schnauzer, we went to the horse farm and there she was last of the litter, no one wanted her, overbite, scrawny, skinny, and dragged around like a rag doll by the breeders two children. I didn't even know if she could walk, I asked them to put her down. I said to Don that's the dog I want no matter how much she costs. That's the story of Daisy, she is my heart and soul, the only dog I have ever had and her name is
"Jackie's Miss Daisy". Later Don got Perry which we both adore too.
Jackie

zanzanfergie
07-25-2003, 08:25 AM
I am so sorry to bring this thread back from 2001, but I was reading back and just had to reply to this one.

Kay Ann, I've never met a person, even in real life, who loved their dog as much as you love Simba. And in this post you captured that so perfectly.
I'm still waiting for my best friend to come into my life, but I know it'll be at the exact moment they make it to be. And stories like this make me so impatient to bring my dog home!

You're a lucky girl. :). And Simba's a lucky boy. And now Nala, too.

...sorry again for bringing this thread back...pwease don't hurt me :p ...

Kfamr
07-25-2003, 08:36 AM
I cry everytime I think about how much I love him.

I cried re-reading my post.

Thanks. :) :) :)

primabella
07-25-2003, 08:53 AM
I feel the exact same way with Mickey. Begging and begging for a dog for 12 years and then finally getting him. He's everything I ever wanted and so much more.

Your story is very sweet. Simba is very lucky to have found such a loving owner. :)

robinh
07-25-2003, 09:35 AM
I don't know Kay Ann very well at all, but I will tell you what I've learned from her here.

I find it inspiring to know that there are young people out there that are still compassionate enough to care about their animals as much as she does. I also like the fact that she is responsible enough to take care of them herself. These are two traits that I know will help her for the rest of her life.

I would say that Kay Ann is lucky to have them but I think it's the other way around, Simba and Nala are EXTREMELY lucky to have found someone who will love them they way she does. As a pastor once told me "to love them warts/flaws and all".

I will also say that I've found several other young people with the same dedication and commitment to their pets that KayAnn has.

cloverfdx
07-26-2003, 12:15 PM
KayAnn i feel the exact same way about my Darling Clover:D

simba is such a lucky boy to have found you that november day, you share your feelings about simba soooo openly and that is just beautiful :)

i also begged and pleaded for years to get a dog and eventually they "stupid father:rolleyes: " gave in and said i could have a small dog and definatly not one of those "fighting dogs" i wanted a staffi Sooooo badly but fathers ignorance did not alow me to:(
and we ended up with sweet/lazy/cute/ penny the JRT x who i love dearly.

well clover my dearest 4 legged daughter i wuv you ~huggles now~

thanks for bringing this up :D