PDA

View Full Version : Caught Stray Cat....Getting fixed today!! Will have a few days to recover

Anikaca77
10-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi All-

As some of you are probably aware, I've been feeding a stray cat that showed up towards the end of September and I've been posting for him trying to locate his owners if there were any. He wasn't like your typical feral cat....he's more a stray b/c he doesn't run from me like my other feral does.

So yesterday morning, I set up my trap (esp. since Hurricane Sandy is going to hit) and I got him within a few minutes. Right now he's super scared and looking for a way to get out. He will allow us to pet him though so I don't know if he can be rehabilitated or not.

The thing is we can't keep him. I called a vet that I usually use for spay and neuter and explained the situation and they are going to fit him in today to get fixed!!!

He needs it too. We are calling him Stormy for right now. After he heals up from surgery and gets some food in his tummy and the storm passes we'll probably release him back out unless we find someone to take him.

Please send prayers and happy vibes for him today!

Thanks!
Melissa

issop
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
you will be ok.. just go with the flow. we have your interests in heart..

Randi
10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
What a gorgeous boy he is. :love: I hope he finds a forever loving home. It would be such a shame to put him out again and winter is coming soon.

Good luck, Melissa - and thanks for all you're doing! :)

cassiesmom
10-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Awww, sweet tabby boy! I hope someone adopts him so he can get to be a family member :love: Stormy is a perfect name for him!

phesina
10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Oh Stormy, what a beautiful boy you are! Such good news that you are getting fixed today. We are sending along our hopes and prayers and good wishes that you find the Purrrrfect home!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

happylabs
10-29-2012, 11:59 AM
He is very handsome. Reminds me of my cat Moose that went to the RB a few years ago. Hope everything goes well for him.

Anikaca77
10-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I picked up Stormy right after work and they said he did okay. They said he didn't spaze out like normal feral cats. He's been using the litter box and he's allowing me to pet him and he hasn't shown any signs of aggression either and I'm hoping someone will say they want him or will want to work with him because right now we just don't have the extra space for him. He did get his ear tipped just in case he is released so that I know he's fixed.

If anyone is interested in adopting him, please let me know.

Thanks!
Melissa

catmandu
10-30-2012, 09:27 AM
You are a lady after my own heat Melissa , you cannot stand to see a lonely little face who needs a FurrEver Home and a loving heart.
What a good Cat Stomy is, and we are so pleased that his troubles are over and he will never be a lost Cat anymore.:love::love:
God bless you Melissa for caring:love::love:

astrid
10-30-2012, 10:54 AM
awww!!! I hope I can do that to Sancho too :love:
Prayers and happy vibes for Stormy, I hope someone adopts him.

God bless you Melissa :)

Anikaca77
10-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Well Stormy may have been not feeling like himself yesterday......because today I'm getting hissed at and he's striking and I feel he would do better back outside, I think it's where he will be the happiest, I'll keep the food out for him and hope that he'll come back for it. I probably won't release him till Friday or Saturday.

He is eating well though and I'll make sure he's all healed up before sending him back out.