PDA

View Full Version : My tongue is SOOOOOOOOOO dry

jenluckenbach
11-29-2002, 09:22 AM
I just finnished my Christmas cards....41 pet talk plus 4 extra and then 25 of my own personal. Only 8 had self stick envelopes. So needless to say, dry tongue syndrome.
I printed one card inside out (shiny side in) I am sending that to my brother. He'll appreciate my stupidity. I addressed 6 upside down. And my printer ruined 4 envelopes before I got one to print out correctly....needless to say, the rest are hand written.
Now off to get the postage $$$$$$$$:eek:
Hope you all like them.;)

All Creatures Great And Small
11-29-2002, 10:11 AM
Yep, I know what you mean about the whole Christmas card thing - each year I say to myself, I'm not going to send cards, they just get looked at briefly and thrown out, and all the expense and hassle for what? But - I'm a slave to tradition, so I have a stack of 50 here waiting nonetheless. I have to wait until the planets line up correctly and my husband and I are both home at the same time (:D :p ), so we can sign them. Then I will attempt to address the envelopes on my printer - if that fails, I can always make address labels. Do you find that some of these people you never hear from or talk to anymore, but they still send Christmas cards? They must feel the same holiday guilt that I do - and we keep perpetuating the chain by sending each other cards. :o :p

luckies4me
11-29-2002, 10:22 AM
I hear you on that stupid printer! I tried the same exact thing! I ruined about 10 envelopes and about 5 cards. :eek: Guess I just don't give up. I must be lazy, hehe.

Nomilynn
11-29-2002, 04:07 PM
I used up my colour cartridge printing the pictures I included in the cards. :D But I mailed the second half of my cards today (I did the first half last week). I did mine in two sets because I didn't want the curse of the envelope tongue!!! :eek: :eek: I would buy self sealing envelopes, but then I would never use up my regular cards so I have to resist until they are all gone!! :D

Kfamr
11-30-2002, 01:02 PM
Try getting Simba to cooperate to "stamp" the cards when your loud mouth sister is here!:eek: