PDA

View Full Version : Sad News re Terry / Daisy and Delilah's Mom

Freedom
10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh Gosh, I can't believe this. I've just had a message on FB from Terry's daughter. I will just copy paste, as this is all I know:

I just wanted to let you know that my mom passed away yesterday. During her knee replacement surgery on Friday, she went into cardiac arrest, then into a coma and never came back to us. Thank you for your friendship with her. If you don't mind, can you please let her Pet Talk friends know? Thanks again. Take care.

I have written back w/ sympathy, and asked about the dogs, and if we can send cards (those of us who wish to) and where. Will post as I get more info.

Freedom
10-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I have more info:

Thank you Sandie. I think we are still in shock. She was doing so well. Her new doctor was wonderful, well respected. All signs pointing in the right direction. I live in NC, the rest of the family is here. My addy is XXXXX. My brother's addy is XXX. Her good friend Kathy will be taking the girls and caring for them. Thanks again for your friendship with my mother.

Send me a PM if you want the addresses; I just don't feel right about posting them on a public forum (am I correct Karen, anyone could see them?) The brother lives in FLA, the daughter and rest of the family are in NC.

Edit to add: Karen also has the addresses, you can PM either one of us. I may not be online much, due to my Dad being in hospital. Please feel free to PM either one of us!

pomtzu
10-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh no. I can hardly believe this has happened - she was way too young. Terry was always such a sweet and compassionate person, and I think that everyone loved her. She went thru so much this past year or so - it doesn't seem fair. I'm in tears of disbelief and sadness.............

Freedom
10-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Me too Ellie. It is not supposed to happen this way. All this with a knee replacement?!!!

mrspunkysmom
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
NO, this is so sad. :( I didn't know her that well, but I know she was a good person, pet carer, and mom. After all she went through, and then this.

Say hello to all our friends at the Bridge, Terry. Prayers for your family.

Grace
10-28-2012, 06:30 PM
OMG, I feel like I've been kicked in the gut. What a horrible, sad thing to happen :(

Bengalz
How very sad:(. My condolences to Terry's family.

RobiLee
I am so deeply saddened by this news and don't even know what to say. Terry will be missed. :(

beeniesmom
10-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I am in shock and so very sad. My condolences to the family. Oh my God.

CountryWolf07
10-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sad to hear this news! We talked a lot though PM. I will have to send a card.

Husky_mom
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
so very sad :( .. I've "known" her since back in the day when I joined practically.. adn even not knowing her personally I feel very very sad.. :( my condolences to the family.. she will be missed

glad to hear the girls will be taken care of by a close friend of hers

moosmom
10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
OMG, I am stunned and totally speechless. :(

robinh
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Just so shocked.....my sincere condolences to the family. Did not know her well, but do know that she was way too young.

Karen
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
How terribly sad! Whenever anyone is going in for surgery, they always list "death" as one of the possible complications, but we never expect it to happen. I am glad the girls already have a new home lined up, that would give Terry comfort. Sandy thank you so much for letting us all know.

Cataholic
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
This is completely shocking, and very, very sad. My sympathies to Terry's family.

Alysser
10-28-2012, 07:30 PM
This surgery was supposed to help her...:mad: I don't get this, WHY her??:(

Oh my god, I cannot believe this. Terry was one of my favorite Pettalkers, always so sweet, always so sensible, just always an amazing person. :love: I am so sorry to her family.

Rest in peace, Terry! :( Say hi to Sassy for me, I remember how much you loved her. :love:

fritz03
10-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Very sad to hear of Terry's passing,was a shock,she just talked to me on Tuesday about the surgery and now she is gone,will sure miss her comments about our dogs,she sure loved fritz and Heidi as well.,Thoughts and prayers to her family,I had just got a message on Facebook about it.really his me like a ton of bricks,she was my sister's age(60).Daisy and Delilah will sure miss her,now with her Mother,will be able to see Fritz and my Dad up there.

AmberLee
10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
What a shock. Thank you for letting us know, I'm in shock. :eek:

Karen
10-28-2012, 08:09 PM
I have her childrens' addresses too, if anyone wants to send a card, they can PM me or Sandy.

Pinot's Mom
10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
All I can say is I'm sorry - it's VERY shocking and sad.

cassiesmom
10-28-2012, 08:19 PM
This is extremely shocking and so very sad. Wow. I am so sorry.

chocolatepuppy
10-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh my, I can't believe this.:( Terry was the nicest person. She will be missed.:(

Roxyluvsme13
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm so sad to hear this :(. Terry was such a sweet, wonderful person! She will be deeply missed :love:

Catty1
10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
No. NO!!! Not Terry!!! NO!!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh my gosh, how horrible. I am at a loss for words. This is so very sad and shocking. :( Rest in Peace, Terry. You were so loved and you will be missed by many. :love:

caseysmom
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
So upsetting, she never had an unkind word for anyone, RIP Terry you will be missed by all.

wolf_Q
10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh my that is awful. I am so sorry to hear this. :( :( She was always so nice and loved her pups very much. You will be missed Terry.

Taz_Zoee
10-28-2012, 11:26 PM
I can't even believe this. :( Terry always had a kind word for any posts I made here and on FB.
It just doesn't seem real.

RIP Terry I know all of PT pets and members we have lost were there to greet you. :(

mon
10-29-2012, 12:12 AM
I am deeply sorry to hear this. Pleace accept our heartfelt sympathy at this terrible time. Shedding tears for your loss, peace and love. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
10-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm in shock to hear this sad news.:( I didn't know her well but from reading her posts, I know that she was a very nice and sweet woman. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time. RIP Terry.:(

ChrisH
10-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Such shocking and unbelievably sad news. :( :( Heartfelt condolences to her family.

Kirsten
10-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Oh my Gosh, I'm shocked to read these news... :(

My heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones.

This is horrible... :(

Randi
10-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Sad news indeed. :( Terry always had something nice to say and we will all miss her.

My heartfelt sympathy to her family.

Rest in peace, Terry! :love:

Medusa
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
I can hardly believe it. It's just so sad. My condolences to her family. I don't know what else to say; it's such a shock.

kaycountrygal
10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear the news about Terry. I didnt know her perosnally but yet I feel as if I did. My condolences to her family. I read that her dogs will be cared for but I'm sure they will miss her. To her family, I am so sorry for your loss. It is always such a shock when one dies...and especially when one dies unexpectedly. You're in my prayers.

lizbud
10-29-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm in shock. Poor lady. She was such a sweet & kind person to go through so much distress
with these surgeries.:(:( It is good to know that her "girls" (D & D) will be cared for.

Condolences to her family. She will be missed around here.:(

fritz03
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
There is a memorial page for Terry on www.allensummerhillfuneralhome.com no mention of a service or an obituary.

phesina
10-29-2012, 11:59 AM
How very sad. Deepest sympathy to her family and all who love her and grieve her so much.

God bless you and bring you comfort.

RICHARD
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Wow,

Sad, sad news.

RIP.......

gini
10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Such a horrible event for the family. I am so sorry for your loss.
May she rest in peace.

What a dear soul her friend is to take her pets.

kittycats_delight
10-29-2012, 02:25 PM
I am absolutely stunned. Terry was always and I mean always so kind. It really freaks me out as well. The fact that things like this happens with surgeries such as knee replacement in this day and age is unbelievable. So scary, so sad. RIP Terry...there must be one hell of a party at the bridge for you. You were one fantastic lady.

shais_mom
10-29-2012, 04:09 PM
I just saw Pam post on her page on Facebook and am simply stunned. I always enjoyed "talking" to her - one thing I know for certain is that Phred was one of the first in line to welcome her with open arms.

luvofallhorses
10-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Annette (chocolatepuppy) told me about the news last night. And, I didn't know what to say.. :( This is just so, so sad. She was always so sweet to me and others on this forum. She will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. If someone can PM me the address, I'd like to send a sympathy card.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-30-2012, 08:17 AM
.....My sincere condolences to the family! This is so sad, it isn't fair....

Casper
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Oh my gosh. I hardly have time to even check in to PT these days, but I did today, and never ever expected to hear this. Like everyone here, I simply adored her.

She was a lovely lady and will be missed SO much. :(

Bonny
10-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I really didn't get to know Daisy & Delilah's Mom or Phred. By everyone's comments here they sound like darn nice people. My sympathy's to her family.

dab_20
10-30-2012, 11:48 AM
I am so shocked to hear this. Terry will be greatly missed here on PT, she was a wonderful and compassionate person. My very deepest condolences to her family. How awful... :(

BitsyNaceyDog
10-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm so sad to hear this. She lived so close to me and I always intended to meet her, but never did. I can't believe she's gone.

Scooter's Mom
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm saddened to read this news.
My deepest condolences to Terry's family.

sasvermont
10-31-2012, 07:33 AM
It is sad to hear this news. She was a nice person and had only nice things to say here. She will be missed for sure.

I hope her family can make sense of this event. It seems untimely to me. She was still young. May she rest in peace and have a delightful time meeting up with Phred. Take care of her Phred.

Sad, sad, sad.

Alysser
10-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Due to some issues in my area, I feel like I haven't properly assessed this, or acknowledged this.

Terry was such an beautiful individual. She was always so caring, and she always posted in my Sassy threads. No matter what. I think she probably posted in most if not all of my threads. She was one of the first members that "invited" me into our big family. I have missed her posts terribly over the lasts few years, but she even posted in Mikey's threads whenever she could. I will always miss her around here. She was a great person and I think she always had us on her mind.

Rest in peace, Terry:love:

sparks19
10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh my gosh... I am just seeing this. I am in shock. I can't believe it. I will miss her greatly around here :(

cyber-sibes
11-04-2012, 09:30 AM
So sad to hear about Terry. Deep sympathies to her family, and hugs to Daisy & Deliah.
Its quite a shock to lose a parent/spouse so unexpectedly, wishing peace and comfort to them.

momcat
11-04-2012, 01:00 PM
This is so sad, I'm shocked to hear of Terry's passing. I extend my deepest and sincerest sympathy to her family. They all will remain very much in my prayers.

Lilith Cherry
11-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I am so very sad to read this news! Sincere condolences to her family. You will be sorely missed Terry.

smokey the elder
11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Such a shock! My condolences and prayers for Terry's family. I'm glad the dogs are in good hands.

lvpets2002
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
OMG I Cannot Even Absorb This Sad Stunning News.. My Condolences && Prayers && Heart Goes Out To Terry's Family..

Catty1
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
There is more information in her memorial now: http://www.allensummerhillfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Terry-Sylvester/#/Obituary

Terry Wells Sylvester left us peacefully on October 27th, 2012, surrounded by family and friends. Terry was born in Greensboro, North Carolina and moved to Ormond Beach in 1959. She resided in Volusia County most of her life and during her final days. She was a graduate of Seabreeze High School, class of 1969 and Daytona State College. She is predeceased by her parents, John McMillan Wells and Colleen Janet Wells, both her maternal and fraternal grandparents and her husband, Clayton Sylvester. She is survived by her two wonderful children, Larry Schaefer of DeLand, Jennifer Marshall (Sean Kent) and her beloved grandson, Landen Blane Kent – Ashville, NC, brother Mickey Wells – Tampa, sister Janet Wells (Randy Irwin) – Flagler Beach. She also leaves her pets, Delilah and Daisy in the loving care of her longtime friend Kathy Stein of DeBary.
Throughout her life, Terry was a very kind, compassionate and caring person. She devoted all of her time and energy to her family and friends, always willing to listen and lend a helping hand. She had an amazing talent for every craft that she attempted but her quilting talent was phenomenal. We will all cherish her many handmade keepsakes that we were so fortunate to receive from her.
One of her lifelong dreams was to, one day, have a place to care for animals in need. To honor Terry, we ask that, in lieu of flowers a donation be made to Journey’s End (Journey’s End Animal Sanctuary, PO Box 220163, Glenwood, FL 32722) or to an animal shelter or rescue of your choice. We will miss her every single day yet we find peace in knowing that there was a very special place in heaven reserved for her. The family will celebrate her life on Thanksgiving Day. Online condolences may be left at www.allensummerhillfuneralhome.com. (http://www.allensummerhillfuneralhome.com.) Allen-Summerhill DeLand is in charge.

Journey's End Donation page: http://www.journeysendsanctuary.org/donate.php

Freedom
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all that info, Candace.

Craftlady
11-07-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm just seeing this thread tonight. So sorry to read of Terry's death. Prayers to the family.

MoonandBean
12-31-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm just seeing this now....thanks to Karen making a thread about people we miss. I am so sorry to hear of Terry's passing. She was a very special lady and will be very missed here.