PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Dog People?

jackiesdaisy1935
11-28-2002, 01:07 PM
What a shame, we have so many people here with dogs and only two people posted in the "Dog of the Day". In the "Cat of the Day" so far fourteen people have posted. I know everyone is busy, but so many post, but not in "Dog of the Day" and not much encouragement for people who send their dogs story in for us to enjoy, I'm sure they love their dogs and would like to know that we all enjoy their story and picture.
Jackie

gini
11-28-2002, 01:36 PM
I hear you Jackie, and I will go there right now!! That is if Rascal doesn't object to me going over to the Dog side of things.

primabella
11-28-2002, 02:43 PM
i never post there because i feel that if i start the congratulations for those dogslike starting today, it's like, i didn't for anyone else. guess i could post there...

lizbud
11-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Jackie,

Yes, I've noticed the same thing myself. Many times it's
not unusual for COTD to get 20+ postings, while DOTD is
lucky to get 7 or 8 posts & congrats to the dog.:confused:

I don't know why that is.I have both a dog & cats and love
reading about both in each forum. I just love all of them and
always try to offer my congrats & comments on both.

Twisterdog
11-28-2002, 09:46 PM
This brings up a question I have been meaning to ask .... what exactly is the "Dog of the Day", and how does one go about getting their dog listed on it?

Thanks!

Karen
11-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Go to http://PetoftheDay.com/submit for the answer to how!

Aspen and Misty
11-29-2002, 12:36 AM
Primabella- I often feel that way in the cat section. Because I never post there I feel awfull Posting a topic there. I always lurk there, just normally never post. I will sometimes coment on people cats but I don't usually answer questions or things like that. I don't go to dog of the day because I don't know what to say, everyone types long paragraphs the only thing I can really think of to say is congrats.

Ash

RockyRoad
11-29-2002, 09:53 AM
Awww I feel so bad I haven't been posting there. I'll remember everyday!!:)

11-29-2002, 11:27 AM
I do post here regularly ; sometimes I even open the thread .
In fact I am a real cat-person , but if I have time , I always check out the dog and pet of the day too ; doggies and other pets , like bunnies , birds , etc..., can be very cute too , hey ;) :D

http://www.hallospass.de/gif/voegel/vogel043.gif

lizbud
11-29-2002, 12:12 PM
I don't feel that everyone must write tons of stuff in
their post on DOTD. I do feel there are some of us that
are more "gifted" in being able to phrase their comments,
but that shouldn't stop anyone else from posting their thoughts
too. After I see each dog & read their story, I just imagine
that I'm alone with the dog, in person and I say (type) just
what I would say to them in person. I'm just talking to each
dog individually. LOL. Sounds nuts, but it works for me.:D

primabella
11-29-2002, 03:11 PM
ash - i know. i'm not too good at writing things that sound good. even if i were to pretend i was talking to the dog, nothing really good comes to mind. :rolleyes: i do just post there to say congrats, though. i don't see any harm in not posting in certain forums. i say it that if you have something to say, post it, if not, then you don't have to.
maybe that's just me :rolleyes:

:):):)

Dogz
11-29-2002, 09:59 PM
I have tried to get my dog to be DOTD, but it never works. His name is Otis. I have tried twice, but still there is no sign. I don't know if there is a lot of dogs in line to have to honor to be DOTD or what. Is there anyone that can answer that question?

I haven't posted in Dog Of The Day that much because... oh there is no escuse (sp) ! I need to post there! Let's get posting guys!

sammi
11-30-2002, 06:15 AM
You are right again Jackie!! I turned over a new leaf this morning.:eek:

anna_66
11-30-2002, 08:55 AM
Yes, I know I have been slacking. I haven't been posting much anywhere lately. I just have been soooo busy, NO EXCUSES! Right?! I'll do my best to try and start posting again everyday:D
Thanks for the great reminder Jackie!

Cookiebaker
11-30-2002, 09:04 AM
:o :o Thanks for the reminder, Jackie. You are right, people DO like having their pet admired (I know I do). I've never really posted there because I don't really know what to say. But I guess it doesn't have to be anything to deep or profound, does it.

mugsy
11-30-2002, 01:38 PM
Thanks for kicking us in the butt and reminding us Jackie. I've been a good girl the last 2 days. I actually STARTED the threads! Thanks again.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-30-2002, 08:04 PM
Sorry I didn't get to post in DOTD, COTD and POTD, the last couple of days, we were gone for the holidays and just returned this afternoon. I am surely heartened by the responses that we are getting now. Wow, it's wonderful. Thank you all so much.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

AdoreMyDogs
12-01-2002, 12:46 AM
You are so sweet, Jackie. I have been so busy lately with my new fosters and making sure my current pups and kitty were happy, that I have not posted much at all. Sometimes I went several days without a single post. I just wanted you to know that I will try to make enough time, if not just to post in DOTD, COTD, POTD.

Thanks for being so caring, Jackie. You are such a dear person.

jenluckenbach
12-01-2002, 07:37 AM
I did not read this thread at first because it was titled "where are the dog people" and I am obviously a cat person, but curiosity got the best of me, and here I am................

All I can say is here was the PROOF that cats are better than dogs!!!.................

Oh I am Just kidding....couldn't pass up the oportunity..:rolleyes:

But Jackie is right, people love to hear comments. I do not go all the time, for lack of time, but I try to say something that stood out in my mind, even if it is only "You are beautiful". But I will admit to not going to DOTD. Sorry.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-01-2002, 12:59 PM
I try and post on DOTD whenever I get a chance. I have been away from Pet Talk since Wednesday. Busing with Thanksgiving and having Andrew in town. I think that the holidays may also be a cause for fewer posts on DOTD. I know that is my excuse!