PDA

View Full Version : Medical Support Professionals

BridgeLL
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone,

So I’m in my first year at school and I am trying to decide on a few classes to at least explore. I have always been interested in medical professionals jobs (http://www.jobs.net/Article/CB-57-Talent-Network-Healthcare-Assistants-Please-An-Overview-of-Medical-Support-Professionals/), the supportive end. (I don’t think I have patience to make it in school more than a decade lol) But I have always heard that the medical profession is the one that experiences the most growth and expansion. Plus, I feel like there are a lot of options for advancement in terms of going from patient care to administrative staff. Anyway, so this post is for people already working as medical support professionals. How do you like it? Are there options for advancement? Do you prefer working with patients or a more administrative role?

As usual, any and all comments are greatly appreciated :)

cassiesmom
10-24-2012, 04:39 PM
2012 is my 25th year as an RN! :D

Pharmacology and physical therapy require a doctoral degree for entry into practice in the U.S. I finished my MSN in 1995 and am now looking at DNP vs post-master's certificate options.

Best,
Elyse

RICHARD
10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone,

So I’m in my first year at school and I am trying to decide on a few classes to at least explore. I have always been interested in medical professionals jobs (http://www.jobs.net/Article/CB-57-Talent-Network-Healthcare-Assistants-Please-An-Overview-of-Medical-Support-Professionals/), the supportive end. (I don’t think I have patience to make it in school more than a decade lol) But I have always heard that the medical profession is the one that experiences the most growth and expansion. Plus, I feel like there are a lot of options for advancement in terms of going from patient care to administrative staff. Anyway, so this post is for people already working as medical support professionals. How do you like it? Are there options for advancement? Do you prefer working with patients or a more administrative role?

As usual, any and all comments are greatly appreciated :)

I pushed papers for thirty years and like that part of the job. You can always move up to pat care from a support role.

In any case? Take all the basic science/health/med classes you can, that will get you the info you need for the job and if something sticks, you can persue that avenue.

Asiel
10-24-2012, 07:01 PM
The medical and health field is one of the best choices for steady employment . And the most interesting as far as I'm concerned. Pharmacist is also a great field and you have regular hours. The medical field is open to so many kinds of jobs and there are so many choices and options - I don't know of anyone who's unemployed working in that field and the future looks more promising evey day with all the advances they are making.