PDA

View Full Version : Oscar's Vet Checkup Today

Catty1
10-23-2012, 04:16 PM
When Oscar had his checkup last year he was overweight and had a dental condition called FORL. 3 - 4 of his teeth had already been resorbed into his gums, and another 7 teeth had to be extracted. He recovered well, but the stress brought on a bladder blockage a month later. He was an expensive kitty - but worth it!

Today - his teeth were great (there were a few left!). He has lost 1 lb since January of this year. He has a wart-size growth on his chin; the vet's gut feeling is that it is a cyst and harmless, as there is regular fur growth on it. So I'll keep an eye on it.

His heart rate is good, but the vet couldn't check for a murmur as Oscar was purring the whole time and very relaxed and affectionate!

NOTE: I have been using Biotene in the cats' drinking water and my vet said that was a main reason why Oscar's teeth were good. To start the Biotene and keep it up after a dental keeps the tartar away.

Very glad my boy is healthy!:):love:

phesina
10-23-2012, 05:14 PM
That's great news! Well done, Oscar AND Candace!

I'm glad to learn how well the Biotene has worked for him. I've seen that, but I wasn't sure if it would actually do anything or not (one vet told me he had his doubts, though this was a while back) and it's rather expensive, so I've held off. But I think I'll get some now.

Cheers!

Catty1
10-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Pat, it seems expensive to me, but a little goes a long way!:)

cassiesmom
10-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Yay, Oscar! Please have meowmie give you a big hug for me-- one for Cole and one for Zoe too :love:

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm glad to hear that his vet check up went well. I hope that he'll continue to be a healthy boy.:)