PDA

View Full Version : Here's Tigris

Barbara
11-27-2002, 06:43 AM
Unfortunately he has a little flash-green eyes here, but nevertheless: Tigris, the good knight, the strong and majestic:

neko1
11-27-2002, 06:56 AM
He's so handsome!!

lailamara
11-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Yes he is a handsome fellow with lots of catitude. My two send admiring glances.

11-27-2002, 07:42 AM
What a Cattitude yiou have , Tigris !!!

Tina
11-27-2002, 08:23 AM
Awww....He is such a handsome boy!!

All Creatures Great And Small
11-27-2002, 08:37 AM
He does look quite regal - what a lovely boy!

2kitties
11-27-2002, 08:48 AM
Very handsome. Tigris, you certainly are a great knight.

Edwina's Secretary
11-27-2002, 09:16 AM
: Tigris, the good knight, the strong and majestic:

the gorgeous, the elegant, the manly!

Barbara
11-28-2002, 03:42 AM
Thanks Edwina, I'm charmed. Would you like a German gingerbread mousie or a clock where the mousies come out?

Lillycat
11-28-2002, 04:45 AM
i am sure in all ways he is tremendously wonderful! i just love the coloring and the look of this "kind of cat".....hugs and kisses to you tigris!

jenluckenbach
11-28-2002, 07:06 AM
Tigris is very hansome and regal looking.

sasvermont
11-28-2002, 07:25 AM
Barbara, what a handsome guy you have there! He has such a shimmer to his fur! He would make pretty kittens. I suspect that is not possible anymore?!!

Thanks for the photo of your handsome boy!

SAS

Barbara
11-28-2002, 07:31 AM
Yes and he has never taken a bath;)
But his fur is special, it is even softer than Filou's but with much more "underwool" . His brofurs and sisfurs (he was one of four) have grown up just as beautiful. If you look at it from that side it is a pity that he won't have babies but on the other hand we know that there enough charming kitties for everyone....

sasvermont
11-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Barbara, when I brought Graemer and Miley home, the breeder tried to convince me to use Graemer as a stud to "recoop" my money, but I said I didn't want to risk him spraying the house, and that if he was going to be used as a stud, that Miley would have to travel with him! I think she gave up on me when she heard that comment. I love my cats, but know that there are so many spare kitties out there, that breeding more, for my sake, is not good. So, no off springs from my house!

If my/the breeder wanted some off springs from Graemer, then she should have kept him and dealt with the spraying etc. My breeder has only females in her house and her breeder-business partner has the males at her house. The males are kept in a building, in cages (really shower stalls with accomodations that are quite nice - they need to spray the stalls down with hoses because of the spraying).....and the females are all kept in my breeder's house - to roam at free will with all the comforts of home. Once the males mature, they are sold or used as studs but not in the house with the females. Sounds like business, which of course, it is. I just could not live with the smell of cat urine/spraying. Ugh. And besides, I am not sure Graemer would enjoy leaving the roost, but I will never know since he was altered at age 6 months.

;)

Barbara
11-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Filou's dad and Tigris dad were happy: both of them did not spray (some toms don't) and could live in the house with their "wives". Filou's dad Amor lived with Filou's mother Absolutely (called Abby) and three neutered males. Tigris dad with a Somali lady -but he courted the very young Siberian Forest Cat who was there only for a short time. They thought she could not have babies yet, but she could. That's life.

Tigris was neutered at 6 months, Filou at 9. I hoped he would look a little more like a boy if he grew bigger but when he started singing operas in the night (he's a baritone, you wouldn't believe it) this was it.

In my former cat life 20 years ago, we had babies from Grisette and I was with her when she got them. It was a wonderful experience but I hate the business aspect of breeding, especially for the poor studs.

Cataholic
11-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Tigris is quite a looker! He does look very regal, very princely!

kimlovescats
11-28-2002, 11:02 PM
What a stately young man ... love his shimmery coat!!!! More pics, please!

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Tigris is quite handsome. I love his shiny coat. I agree please post some more pics.:)

smokey the elder
11-29-2002, 08:18 AM
That is one good looking cat-gentleman! What color would you say he is?

Barbara
11-29-2002, 08:36 AM
He's a mix Aby x Siberian. His mother was a grey tabby (in colouring) and he has the same colours: brownish-grey. His fur has no tabby design (exception: legs, tail and his open collier-it was a closed one when he was a baby) but is ticked. And the light tips of every hair give the shimmer.
By the way: Has anyone noticed his whiskers?
(Sorry I am in love with that cat...)

Vio&Juni
11-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Tigris has the same shimmer to his fur as Juni :)
I guess, this is the first big picture of Tigris I see.
She is such a handsome boy, I wish I was there to kiss him.
I would kiss Filou too ;)

Barbara
11-29-2002, 02:22 PM
They send kisses to you and Juni;) ;) ;)