PDA

View Full Version : Connie's Leroy Has Left For the Rainbow Bridge

tatsxxx11
11-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Connie asked that I post this for her. Today her 16 yr. old boy Leroy left for the RB. He had not been feeling well the past week or two. Not long ago he had been diagnosed with a heart murmur and this morning she noticed he was struggling to breathe. This afternoon at the vets it was decided that it was time to let him go. Here is a page from Leroy's scrapbook. He lived a very long and happy life. Still, it is so hard to say good bye. Bless you sweet Leroy.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p58573e486f4e0b47a70096a013c57812/fd7dcb07.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p6d8876fc57f33520c8743b20b46b7026/fd00bce6.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
11-26-2002, 02:54 PM
Oh Connie....there are not words to express my sympathy for you and your boys.

My heart is breaking for you while knowing that Leroy is painfree and breathing deeply at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sara

2kitties
11-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Connie
I am so sorry to hear about Leroy's passing.
I am certain he is playing and running at Rainbow Bridge and is feeling once again like a kitten.

zippy-kat
11-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Oh Connie, I'm so so sorry!!

I wish I could say something to relieve your grief. Unfortunately, the words are stuck in my heart. I do want you to know my tears run freely.

{{hugs and much love}} to you, my friend.

NoahsMommy
11-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Oh no....I'm so sorry Connie. :(

Please know that I'm praying for you in this sad time.

catland
11-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Goodby Leroy.

I never knew you, but from the pictures, you look like you were a very happy, well loved boy and you will be missed.

Tina
11-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Connie

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Leroy:( (hugs)

rosethecopycat
11-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Sweet memories of a sweet boy. You are strong again. Condolences to your humans who loved you so.

lynnestankard
11-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Connie - just oodles of love flying over the miles to you. Hold on in there sweetheart.

Lovely Leroy playing at Rainbow Bridge is a wonderful picture to remember. All our sweet furkids running to meet him.

Sandra - thanks for the posting and all the trouble you've taken so everyone knows the sad news.

Lynne

Pam
11-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Connie {{{HUGS}}} to you at this hard, hard time. :( Leroy lived a long time for a kitty and was very much loved and knew it. I pray that the days and weeks ahead get a little easier for you. Right now it is like an open wound, and you will certainly be in my prayers. Your Pet Talk friends are all here to talk if you need us.

ChrisH
11-26-2002, 03:24 PM
Connie, I am so sorry:(

{love and hugs}

mrichar
11-26-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Leroy. From past experience, I know the grief is unbearable. Unfortunately as pet owners, we all must go through the grief of losing our loved pets. On the flip side, our pets bring us many many years of joy.

Remember, time heals us. My thoughts are with you.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2002, 03:40 PM
Thank you all for being so kind. A big thanks to Sandra for posting this and crying with me on the phone earlier.

I had noticed Leroy starting to get frail and forgetful, so 3 weeks ago we went to the vet. He had also developed the odd habit of eating kitty litter. We never found out why. Anyway, at the visit, I was told he had a heart murmur which might or might not get worse. I started preparing for the worse in my mind. I didn't take a second with him for granted. Let me tell you that was one pampered, hugged, and cuddled boy for the past 3 weeks.

Last night I noticed he was having trouble breathing. We went to the vet today and I was told he had congestive heart failure among other problems. By this time he was gasping for breath. The vet said they could do x-rays and blood work and start him on medicine but since he was 16, it wouldn't keep him going long plus she couldn't guarentee he would not be in pain.
We had 16 great years together and I'll love him forever but I couldn't let him go through any more pain. I told him all about heaven and the Rainbow Bridge and to look for his two sisters there and all the other PT pets. I'm sure they are having a grand 'Welcome Home Leroy' party.

Thank you for all the kind words and prayers. You all mean more to me than you will ever know.
connie

jenluckenbach
11-26-2002, 05:20 PM
It is terribly hard to say good bye to a special friend, especial after 16 years of companionship. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} go out to you and try to keep the good memories of Leroy fresh. They will comfort you.

Cinder & Smoke
11-26-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

We had 16 great years together,
and I'll love him forever...

Connie ~

Enjoy remembering all 16 of those Years of Happy Memories.
We're so sorry :( for your loss.

Rest In Peace, Dear Leroy.

/s/ Phred

moosmom
11-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Connie,

Please accept my sincere condolences on Leroy's passing. He was so lucky to have you in his life. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

((((hugs)))))

lizbud
11-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Connie,

I am so very sorry that Leroy had to leave us in his
earthly form. His spirit will be in your heart forever. A
spirit once know & loved on earth is never really lost to
us. Play free now Leroy & send blessings down to your
dear sweet Connie. She will never forget you sweetheart.

R.I.P. Dearest Leroy & know how much you were loved by
many in your life on earth.

Cataholic
11-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Connie,
I am so sorry to hear about Leroy. There aren't any words to express the sorrow you feel, or the wishes I have for you. Know that Leroy is in a better place with all the other furbabies, playing, jumping, running, and breathing easy. Take care of yourself. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
Johanna

Miss Meow
11-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Dear Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about Leroy. Please accept our condolences.

Nicole

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about Leroy's passing. At least you had a wonderful 16 years together and I'm sure that you have many beautiful memories of him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Rest in peace sweet Leroy.

toughCookie
11-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Im so sorry for your loss:( :(

shais_mom
11-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Connie, I am so sorry for your loss.
I know it is soooo hard.
Hugs to you. God Bless.
Godspeed to the Bridge Leroy.

kohala
11-27-2002, 12:42 AM
I am so sorry for your loss - but glad Leroy is not suffering. It is so hard to watch our darling furry friends get old, I know. I find myself adding my tears to yours, but time will heal.

Lillycat
11-27-2002, 01:28 AM
please know that i too feel your sadness.....in your heart he will always live!

maya
11-27-2002, 02:53 AM
:( :( :(

Vio&Juni
11-27-2002, 04:19 AM
So sorry for your loss :( :( :(
I cried for two weeks when Naomi passed away, but I will always remember how she chose us and how she gave us Juni.

catlady1945
11-27-2002, 06:38 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in being a good family to Leroy and for the many years of joy he brought.

delidog
11-27-2002, 06:53 AM
Oh Connie!!!!
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dear Leroy!!!!!
i really DO know how you feel...my heart goes out to you at this time........
like Phred said...remember what a wonderful 16 years he had....
and all the love that he had...
There are many Dear Pet Talk FurKids waiting his arrival at The Bridge...They will care for him until you have your time together.....
I said a special prayer for Ms. Puss and Scrubbar to be on the lookout for Leroy...and make his Journey a comfortable one!!!!!
Big Hugs for you at this time.....
{{{{{{Connie and Leroy}}}}}}}}}

11-27-2002, 07:59 AM
So sorry to hear about poor Leroy ... !
Taka care !
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/blu070.gif

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Thank you all so very much. It's a great comfort to know the world has so many caring people in it and they all come together here.

catchat
11-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Im sure my Cookie was there to welcome Leroy to rainbow bridge

(I posted earlier under my toughCookie name)

wolflady
11-27-2002, 07:52 PM
{{{Connie}}}
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Leroy. God blessed you with the strength to make the right decision. It's so hard to lose one of our furry little ones. My heart also goes out to you during this difficult time. I wept for you and him when I read the news. Leroy had a very wonderful and love-filled life. No doubt he's purring down on you from the rainbow bridge, and you have a guardian angel to watch over you now, in Leroy.

**hugs**
Karen

catmandu
11-30-2002, 09:36 AM
:( :( we are sorry at the lost cats hotel to hear of the passing of Leroy. From his photos , he certainly was a handsome boy , and was a wonderful pet for 16 years. He must have been a great cat that some body posted a tribute to him, and undobtedly a richly deserved one. the good news is that Leroy is noe a Cat Angel , playing with the other Cat Angels , a young healthy cat once again , marking time until you see him again.:D