PDA

View Full Version : what are...

matti
08-14-2001, 08:04 PM
what are some good games to play with your dog if you don't have much time to play? :confused: :D

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: madd_dog ]

Logan
08-30-2001, 11:57 AM
Fetch and tug of war are two of my Honey's favorites. Lilly prefers to chew on bones, and go for walks with me.

KayAnn
08-30-2001, 03:41 PM
Tug o War and Fetch\chase are on Simba's top list.. ... he makes me chase him alot when we play fetch though hehehehehe :D

AdoreMyDogs
08-31-2001, 07:44 AM
Graham is not terribly playful, but one of his favorite things to do outdoors (becides tracking down and killing small fuzzy animals, which I am working on) is fetching a stick in the water. He could play that game for hours, and it's good excersise. If your dog shows little fear of water, and it shows an interest in retreiving, and it has desire to please you, try seeing if it would like to fetch sticks that you throw in the water for it.

Pam
08-31-2001, 10:07 AM
Bella's favorite thing in the whole world is playing fetch. Usually after dinner hubby will go out with her for about 1/2 hr. and they will play while I clean up the kitchen. Now it has gotten to be such a routine that the last few nights Bella has brought her ball to the kitchen table while we are still eating and will rub it on hubby's leg and back! :D We have to laugh at her. She just can't wait!

Leslie, unfortunately Bella went and got herself a bird the other day. It makes me queasy to even remember it. :eek: I unfortunately got to watch her eat it! I am turning green again. :eek:

TheAntiPam
08-31-2001, 02:10 PM
Pam and Bella, you need to try getting Bella to fetch your husband's wallet! Maybe if Bella rubs that on his leg during supper he'll take you both out for a spree! Please let us know if this work! ;) ;)

RachelJ
08-31-2001, 03:23 PM
Hannah loves playing fetch with her kong outside. We usually go out at 4 pm. If I am still at my computer, she will bring the kong into my office and drop it at my feet. If that cue isn't enough for me, she will pick it up and drop it again and again until I close up shop and go outside with her.

When there is bad weather outside, she loves a good game of hide the kong. I make her blind in the bedroom while I hide the kong in the family room. When I say okay, she will come and look for it until she finds it.

Unfortunately Tucker isn't enthused about either of these games. He will occasionally run after the kong outside but usually drops it once he has it and wonders off and he never has quite picked up on the idea of find the kong.

Daisy's Mom
08-31-2001, 05:29 PM
Daisy loves playing chase and tug-o-war. She also likes keep away. My sister and I toss or roll a toy back and forth between us, and she tries to get it! Kind of like monkey in the middle... I guess you could call it Basset in the Middle ;)

Eudora
08-31-2001, 10:33 PM
My new puppy likes to play with balls and also her chewie bone... she likes for us to throw them into the pool and then she will go in and get them! when she comes back to us she will drop the toys at our feet and rub herself on our legs. We aren't sure if all that chlorine is good for her though...

KayAnn
08-31-2001, 10:55 PM
Daisy's mom: Simba loves playin keep away, but many times it only me so i throw it at the couch and it bounces off of it and comes back to me.. he gets it alot though.... He also likes playin fetch when i throw it down the hall... and he does crazy eights around our lazy boy chair and out dinning room table... :p

TollSettFK
09-01-2001, 11:40 AM
I have this big plastic ball that when I roll it, my dog chases it. It's fun for my dog, and it's easy.

ilovehounds
09-10-2001, 01:38 PM
Hannah and Coppers fave thing is going for walks.

Hannah also loves hide and seek but being a hound she can find me with that nose of hers pretty fast.

Copper also loves to play fetch, he goes crazy when he sees me with the ball.

AdoreMyDogs
09-10-2001, 02:37 PM
Oh my gosh, Pam....the things those dogs will do, huh? Graham has not actually eaten any of his kills, but the sight of him shaking the life out of a squirrel, and then the blood...is enough to turn my stomach, too!!!

Of course, Graham is jealous everytime he hears about a kill. He has never gotten into the bird thing, maybe because I have had pet birds in the past while I had Graham, so he might know they are "off limits", but if he saw what fun Bella has when she catches a flying squeaky, he'd probablly be hooked for life to the art of bird gobbling :)

Dixieland Dancer
09-10-2001, 03:03 PM
I play hide and seek with rewards like treats and toys in the house. When we are outside I hide and have them try to find me. We also play frisbee and they love to play tug with each other but I never tug with them. It promotes hard mouth which is bad for hunting purposes.

dababy
09-22-2001, 01:27 PM
For those of you with dogs who think finding little animals is fun, I know what you mean! The family dog, Brutus (boxer/rhodesion rideback) is a great one for that, if he's in the mood. He never really hurt any of them though. He'll stand at the bottom of a tree at stare up at birds for hours. But, one time, I actually thanked him for that instinct. I was swimming in my pool with my family, and it was late into the evening (this was last year) and all of a sudden Brutus was barking his head off, and he never barks, and a minute later he had a furry grey thing in his mouth. Everyone jumped out a of the pool, tackled Brutus, and whatever the furry thing was, ran up into a tree. We searched around, but it was dark and hard to see, but finally I spotted 'it' in a tree. We got a flashlight, and we looked and realized it was a furry grey kitten! No even thinking about Rabies or any other diseases, I rushed over to pick it up to make sure Brutus hadn't harmed it. Well, one second of holding this adorable, fuzzy, grey, green-eyed, kitten...I had to keep him. The kitten was fine, and we kept him. We named him Snack, because he was almost a treat for Brutus! :D The two soon learned to like each other, and we would find Snack curled up on top of Brutus and the both of them asleep like that. I would still have him, but sadly he got hit by a car.

Okay, that was one long story, and this is the wrong topic for it, but basicly, I'm trying to say, that sometimes that chase instinct is a good thing! ;)

Daisy's Mom
09-23-2001, 08:01 PM
What a cute story!!! Good boy, Brutus :)