PDA

View Full Version : Shelter volunteer report from Spain!

sirocco
11-26-2002, 09:09 AM
Hello everybody! As some of you may know, last months have been a bit messy for me, but now it is all over, and I am fit again to be in here!!! :)
These last months have not only been tough but have also provided me with some great new things, and one of them has been joining a shelter as a volunteer!! I've been working there for 2 months and I've been able to give 3 cats in adoption so far!! (and that is quite a success here)
The shelter has both dogs and cats, but there was only one elder person in charge of the cats, so I can say my help there is quite needed. This woman takes care of the cats very very well, but she has not been able to find people to adopt the cats lately. At the risk of make myself avoided by all my acquaintances, I've made the sentence "Would you like to adopt a cat?" as my motto, everytime I'm introduced to new people! ;) :D I have also started to publish some pics of the lovely furkids we have there in the Internet, in some Spanish web sites devoted to adoptions. Next step is controlling more closely their health, but that will take a bit longer (all the cats are fine, but I'd like to set up a vet record for everyone of them!)

But, now, the part you all are waiting for! :) :) PICS!!!!

This is Greta, a lovely little girl a friend of mine (Nacho ;) ) adopted last Saturday. She is MOST affectionate and I'm glad she'll live now surrounded by people - she loves humans!!!

As you can see in the picture, she´s up my shoulders - and that's her favourite way of greeting you!! :) She's the climbing type...

sirocco
11-26-2002, 09:14 AM
And this is another one who was adopted last Saturday (by another nice guy!). The cat is called Cabezón what means Big Head not only because he´s a big boy indeed but also because he loves giving headbumpies!!

sirocco
11-26-2002, 09:19 AM
And now two darling girls who haven´t been adopted yet... I do think we should be able to find a proper person to such beauties!

sirocco
11-26-2002, 09:19 AM
and our little Princess...

Randi
11-26-2002, 09:23 AM
Nita, you know I've seen these pictures before and I'm so glad you finally posted them on PT, so everyone else can see beautiful Greta and the others! She is one of the most wonderful tabbies I've seen in a long time!! I'm sure Nacho is thrilled to have her - I can tell the rest of you, that Nacho is a real catlover, we met him! :)

I'm also very happy that you've taken time to volunteer in this shelter - one old woman doesn't seem to be quite enough to handle all these cats! You're just the perfect person to help out there! :D

Thanks Nita! :) :)

catmandu
11-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Yes Carbezon has a twin brother in Canada , a big black and white cat that was abandoned in my neighborhood. He was qite thin and hungry when he first came here but now he is a great gig hulk of a cat , and is so grateful for his good fortune. He is avery affectionate cat and like Carbezon loves to give head bumps. Best wishes from [email protected]

kimlovescats
11-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Oh these cats are all just beautiful. You are so wonderful to help them out! Please keep us informed on their adoptions!

Logan
11-26-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh, Nita, what wonderful kitties they all are!!! And thank you for caring enough to spend your time, volunteering with them, and helping them to find their forever homes. :)

NoahsMommy
11-26-2002, 03:13 PM
What cuties! I bet the last two will find homes in no time.

That's great you volunteer at the shelter...my hubby and I do it every Saturday and love it so much....I look forward to it all week. Bless you for your kindness.

Edwina's Secretary
11-26-2002, 04:12 PM
I can't stop looking at the faces on these kitties. I have been trying to figure what it is that is so intriguing. I've decided to describe it as....they look so worldly, so continental, so knowledgable?

WHat do you think?

lizbud
11-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Sirocco,

The kitties are all Gorgeous !!! They all look very well
cared for & each seems to show lots of personality.
It's wonderful of you to devote time to helping these
little critters find forever homes.:) Bless you for that.:)

neko1
11-28-2002, 11:57 AM
wow that siamese is gorgeous! who wouldn't want to take all these sweeties home?!

11-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Aw Nita , those cats are beauties , ALL of them !!!

HoUsEkaT
12-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Those pictures of the meezer and the orange kitty are great!

lynnestankard
12-02-2002, 06:54 AM
{{{{Hugs}}}} to you Nita - what a wonderful thing you're doing - God Bless.
Those cats are all beautiful - and I'm amazed that gorgeous Meezer hasn't been adopted. Wish I could come over and get him xxxxx.

Lynne

BastetsMum
12-02-2002, 10:15 PM
I WANT THEM ALL! GIMME GIMME *laughs* I am sure my flatmate would kill me! What gorgoues cats! May the gods bless you for your animatarian work.

Lillycat
12-03-2002, 04:49 AM
never saw so many beautiful cats in one place.....so fun to look at one after the other.....so wonderful knowing there are so many forever homes for them!!!